Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26055Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2023, 02:29 PM
Cultist

they have been announced three for the US&CAN and one for the UK' Conan & Conan the destroyer murphy's war for the US&CAN and we only get Carrie in 4k UHD so yet again nothing just another re-release for the UK I'm getting sick and tired of arrow giving the US the best films and we get the films nobody else want's
Old 27th October 2023, 02:30 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
So.....$60 for the Conan set on 4K, or the two of them individually for $90.

Basically $30 more for another box.
If money was no problem, I'd buy the individual releases. Not a big fan of "Conan Chronicles" on the spine. They could have just used "Conan" and the film titles. As it is, I'll get the double box and like it.

Anyway, now I'm torn between ordering from the US and the resulting additional expense (the £10 Seven Golden Vampires from SignalOne turned into £30, for example) or waiting to see if it's eventually available on Amazon UK, but risk it selling out.

I haven't been this excited about a blu-ray release for ages, except (maybe) the "Cushing Curiosities" box!
Stephen@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 27th October 2023, 02:55 PM
Cultist

if it's only one for the UK why did the bother with a UK release they might as well just forget it.
Old 27th October 2023, 04:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

In hindsight, a US only edition of Conan was inevitable as the UK rights belong to Fox - so blame the House of Mouse for that, not Arrow.

But yeah, they should have given the UK something new, even if it was just a minor slasher, or something?
Old 27th October 2023, 06:14 PM
Cultist

I bought the set from the US Arrow site. It cost $55 + $12.50 shipping, which is not a bad price for a pre-order.

BUT... went back to the site just to gaze upon the set, and noticed, very discreet, on top of the cart icon, the option to change the currency. Keeping shipping to Portugal, it's USD and the cost is $55. I change to EUR and the cost is €93.94. Wha-?

Changed back to USD: $55

I did this several times, so it's not a fluke. I'm so gald I had it in USD... lol

If you change the currency to GBP it will simple not allow you to visit the Conan webpage in the US site.

So, if any of the members here (from UK or Europe) decide to order from the US site, use the USD option or it will cost you twice as much!
Susan Foreman and Boo Radley like this.
Old 28th October 2023, 02:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

The UHD is currently the same price as the Bluray on Diabolik at $38 and change.

I picked it up with a few other Arrow US releases as they are having an Arrow sale. It was $5 postage to send it to Shipito and I guess probably another $21-ish for it to be forwarded by them - so not bad for multiple items, with one being a UHD.

The only downside is I'll have to wait till January for all of the order to be sent at the same time.
Old 4th November 2023, 05:24 PM
Cultist

Arrow have had a strong year overall- Bruce Lee & Coffin Joe are great packages. But they need to try and do more for the uk. Severin released Faceless, even though the rights were a rip off. Im not saying I want Faceless, but titles are out there, Arrow need to just reach in their pockets to stop the brand drifting.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 4th November 2023, 08:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashforcash View Post
Arrow have had a strong year overall- Bruce Lee & Coffin Joe are great packages. But they need to try and do more for the uk. Severin released Faceless, even though the rights were a rip off. Im not saying I want Faceless, but titles are out there, Arrow need to just reach in their pockets to stop the brand drifting.
Yeah stuff like that was in the Enter The Video Shop. They advertised Enemy Territory as a Special Feature.
will graham likes this.
Old 4th November 2023, 08:36 PM
Active Cultist

What! Enemy territory! That's the best charles band production that isn't called trancers or based on a lovecraft tale!
Man I would have generally brought the boxset (somewhere cheaper) if it had that film!
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 4th November 2023, 08:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by will graham View Post
What! Enemy territory! That's the best charles band production that isn't called trancers or based on a lovecraft tale!
Man I would have generally brought the boxset (somewhere cheaper) if it had that film!
Don't think they have the rights. On one of the Discs, there was a Trailer Reel, Enemy was on it along with Crawlspace, Ghost Town, From Beyond among others
will graham likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!