All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1406Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2012, 12:08 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
I've still got the ABUK and BU discs of both films.
The ABUK release of CSPWTD was heavily edited for some reason. I think the release from Nucleus finally corrects that - I'd definitely advise getting the Nucleus release over any other.
Old 9th November 2012, 07:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Yet to see that in any HMV yet....nice transfers?
CSPWDT is the most complete version avalible, so the quality changes at times, but I thought it looked great upscaled.

DON is also the most complete version avalible, but only by 2 seconds. For me it had an annoying frozen grain layer over it, but over all it was ok.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 9th November 2012, 07:04 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm holding out for a Blu of CSPWDT... it would surely be the format's most formidable test.
Old 9th November 2012, 08:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
A good selection of their titles.....

Grindhouse Trailer Classics [2007] [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Grindhouse Trailer Classics 2 [2008] [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Grindhouse Trailer Classics: Film & TV

Grindhouse Trailer Classics 3 [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Video-Nastie...f=pd_cp_d_h__2

Amazon.co.uk: Death Ship [1980] [DVD]: George Kennedy, Richard Crenna, Nick Mancuso, Sally Ann Howes, Kate Reid, Victoria Burgoyne, Jennifer McKinney, Danny Higham, Saul Rubinek, Murray Cruchley, Doug Smith, Tony Sherwood, Alvin Rakoff: Film & TV

Fausto 5.0 [2003] [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Miguel Angel Sola, Eduard Ferandez, Isidro Ortiz, Alex Olle, Carlos Padrissa: Film & TV

Gwendoline [1984] [DVD]: Amazon.co.uk: Tawny Kitaen, Zabou, Just Jaeckin: Film & TV

Amazon.co.uk: Cannibal Girls [DVD]: Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Ivan Reitman: Film & TV

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodbath-at...931099&sr=1-15

Ghost Story [DVD] [1974]: Amazon.co.uk: Penelope Keith, Marianne Faithfull, Barbara Shelley, Sally Grace, Murray Melvin, Larry Dann, Anthony Bate, Vivian Mackerall, Leigh Lawson, Stephen Weeks: Film & TV

Cruel Passion [DVD] [1977]: Amazon.co.uk: Koo Stark, Ann Michelle, Glory Annen, Chris Boger: Film & TV
I own that Video nasties DVD and it's one of the best DVD's I own
Old 9th November 2012, 08:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Grindhouse Vol. 3 was pretty terrible though (selection wise, not the disc itself) and is recommended only for the most committed Trash fan...
Old 9th November 2012, 10:17 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Grindhouse Vol. 3 was pretty terrible though (selection wise, not the disc itself) and is recommended only for the most committed Trash fan...
Yeah. I'm a bit of a sucker for these things but Volume 3 really tested my patience to be honest.
Old 9th November 2012, 11:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

I've got the Blue Underground DVD of Deathdream (aka Dead of Night), and I've been thinking of buying the Nucleus double-bill of CSPWDT & DON.I've never seen CSPWDT.Is it a better film than DON? Or is it better to just stick with my BU disc?
Old 9th November 2012, 12:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I've got the Blue Underground DVD of Deathdream (aka Dead of Night), and I've been thinking of buying the Nucleus double-bill of CSPWDT & DON.I've never seen CSPWDT.Is it a better film than DON? Or is it better to just stick with my BU disc?
Even though I love it, Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things tends to polarize audiences - I'd say check out the trailer first...

Old 9th November 2012, 01:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I'm a little disappointed to discover that Night Of The Bloody Apes has been matted to a shallow widescreen for 16:9 televisions and not been given a fullscreen release. Not even as an option.

Hmmm...an automatic purchase is now going to have to be weighed against other releases and PQ improvements balanced against cropping.

I'm sure it doesn't matter too much but I bet it was shot for and screened at 1.37:1 when first released.
Old 9th November 2012, 02:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

The Something Weird release is still easy enough to locate, plus there's a second film with it and the usual treasure throve of SW extras. I dunno why the Nucleus edition is framed at 1.63 but I'd say it would matter little. I don't think it would be a dealbreaker for me...

Like this? Share it using the links below!