Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   Vinegar Syndrome (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/9658-vinegar-syndrome.html)

Graveyard 2nd November 2020 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 638892)
Think I'll have a go with the VS sale this year. Anyone know when it starts?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElmDsBvW...jpg&name=small

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2020 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 636116)
With buying far too much already, i've had to sell a couple of things to cover the price of The Beastmaster.

You need an organ donor give me a shout.....

If I've any left.....;)

Susan Foreman 12th November 2020 03:04 PM

"***VINEGAR SYNDROME UPDATE***

FADE has several new cast/crew interviews.

For the giallo collection, we had a really tough time getting fresh interviews, except on MY DEAR KILLER, but we've ported over all the old extras from previous DVDs of the three.

The big news (I think) is that FRENCH SEX MURDERS and GIRL IN ROOM 2A are longer than the previous versions released. GIRL specifically features two brief sequences that have never been in any previous disc while FSM is an integral version featuring all the footage exclusive to the English, Italian, and French versions.”"

The main extra for THE BEASTMASTER is a brand new, feature length making of doc. We also have a new director/producer commentary, among other things, and a bunch of archival extras. Pre-order available at Vinegar Syndrome direct - $39.99

"NOTE #1: Subscribers (Yearly and Halfway), you will be receiving this release as part of your subscription. There is no need to place an order!

We are beyond excited to introduce you to Vinegar Syndrome Ultra, a new Vinegar Syndrome sub-label focused exclusively on extravagant UHD/Blu releases of ‘major’ 80s and 90s titles that might not always fit into the regular VS milieu (although the first one definitely does!).

For the first VSU release, we’re unleashing the worldwide UHD and North American Blu-ray debut of acclaimed genre filmmaker Don Coscarelli’s 1982 supernatural/fantasy/action blockbuster, THE BEASTMASTER, presented in a brand new 4K restoration, along with an exclusive, multi-part, feature length making-of documentary, 40 page bound book, and a stunning new case designed by Earl Kess.

Quote from director Don Coscarelli:
I am happy to report that Vinegar Syndrome has embarked on a meticulous restoration of my film The Beastmaster that it has always deserved. Vinegar Syndrome has done commendable legwork and tracked down a pristine printing element, a high quality Interpositive, in the Warner Bros. vaults. VS has also assembled a plethora of fascinating new supplemental materials that I cannot wait to share with fans. I am so excited that finally The Beastmaster will be released on 4k Ultra HD and Blu-ray in North America.
When he was a baby, Dar (Marc Singer, TV’s ‘V’) was cursed by an all-powerful wizard named Maax (Rip Torn, Men in Black) to prevent him from rightfully ascending as the leader of his people. But the curse left him with a unique gift: the ability to telepathically communicate with all forms of animal life. But when Maax all but wipes out his tribe leaving Dar to fend for himself, he begins a quest of vengeance, accompanied by his animal friends, to Maax and end his reign of terror and violence.

Directed by legendary genre filmmaker Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Bubba Ho-Tep) and co-starring Tanya Roberts (Sheena), John Amos (Coming to America), and Rod Loomis (Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure), THE BEASTMASTER is a thrilling mix of fantasy, action, and adventure, with touches of horror. Photographed by Academy Award winning cinematographer John Alcott (Barry Lyndon, A Clockwork Orange) and featuring incredible production design by Conrad Angone, Vinegar Syndrome Ultra brings THE BEASTMASTER to UHD and Blu-ray in a brand new 4K restoration!"

Special features and specs:
  • Region Free 4k Ultra HD / Blu-ray combo
  • Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm interpositive
  • 4k UHD presented in HDR
  • Limited edition VSU magnet clasp hard case containing a Slipcover and a 40-page bound book
  • Newly produced multi-part feature length making-of documentary
  • Select extras ported over from previous DVD releases
  • Additional extras to be announced
  • Reversible Blu-ray sleeve cover artwork
  • English SDH subtitles
  • Directed by: Don Coscarelli
  • Starring: Marc Singer, Rip Torn, Tanya Roberts, John Amos, Rod Loomis
  • 118 min
  • 1.85:1
  • English 5.1

Susan Foreman 13th November 2020 02:56 PM

***ARTWORK REVEAL***
Dual Slip art for the upcoming 'Fade to Black' Blu-ray!

Nostalgic 13th November 2020 07:30 PM

Is there a date for forgotten giallo vol 2?

Sorry if it's been posted already.

Justin101 13th November 2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 640172)
Is there a date for forgotten giallo vol 2?

Sorry if it's been posted already.

It's Black Friday pre-order isn't it?

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th November 2020 10:00 AM

It is.:nod:

Rob4 20th November 2020 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graveyard (Post 639383)

Anyone have experience of VS Black Friday sales? I've got some money to burn this year. I'm thinking I can get around 10 discs but was wondering if there was an ideal package size to save on postage and/or avoid customs? Should I maybe split the order or perhaps not order so many?

Susan Foreman 26th November 2020 07:41 AM

'Beyond Dreams Door' (1989) - Coming to Blu-ray in 2021 from Vinegar Syndrome

MORE INFO TBA

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th November 2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 640629)
Anyone have experience of VS Black Friday sales? I've got some money to burn this year. I'm thinking I can get around 10 discs but was wondering if there was an ideal package size to save on postage and/or avoid customs? Should I maybe split the order or perhaps not order so many?

Service is superb.
Quick delivery.
Customs friendly.