Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Other Labels
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1378Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd November 2020, 11:20 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Think I'll have a go with the VS sale this year. Anyone know when it starts?
Old 3rd November 2020, 06:30 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
With buying far too much already, i've had to sell a couple of things to cover the price of The Beastmaster.
You need an organ donor give me a shout.....

If I've any left.....
Rob4 likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 12th November 2020, 03:04 PM
Cult Master

"***VINEGAR SYNDROME UPDATE***

FADE has several new cast/crew interviews.

For the giallo collection, we had a really tough time getting fresh interviews, except on MY DEAR KILLER, but we've ported over all the old extras from previous DVDs of the three.

The big news (I think) is that FRENCH SEX MURDERS and GIRL IN ROOM 2A are longer than the previous versions released. GIRL specifically features two brief sequences that have never been in any previous disc while FSM is an integral version featuring all the footage exclusive to the English, Italian, and French versions.”"

The main extra for THE BEASTMASTER is a brand new, feature length making of doc. We also have a new director/producer commentary, among other things, and a bunch of archival extras. Pre-order available at Vinegar Syndrome direct - $39.99

"NOTE #1: Subscribers (Yearly and Halfway), you will be receiving this release as part of your subscription. There is no need to place an order!

We are beyond excited to introduce you to Vinegar Syndrome Ultra, a new Vinegar Syndrome sub-label focused exclusively on extravagant UHD/Blu releases of ‘major’ 80s and 90s titles that might not always fit into the regular VS milieu (although the first one definitely does!).

For the first VSU release, we’re unleashing the worldwide UHD and North American Blu-ray debut of acclaimed genre filmmaker Don Coscarelli’s 1982 supernatural/fantasy/action blockbuster, THE BEASTMASTER, presented in a brand new 4K restoration, along with an exclusive, multi-part, feature length making-of documentary, 40 page bound book, and a stunning new case designed by Earl Kess.

Quote from director Don Coscarelli:
I am happy to report that Vinegar Syndrome has embarked on a meticulous restoration of my film The Beastmaster that it has always deserved. Vinegar Syndrome has done commendable legwork and tracked down a pristine printing element, a high quality Interpositive, in the Warner Bros. vaults. VS has also assembled a plethora of fascinating new supplemental materials that I cannot wait to share with fans. I am so excited that finally The Beastmaster will be released on 4k Ultra HD and Blu-ray in North America.
When he was a baby, Dar (Marc Singer, TV’s ‘V’) was cursed by an all-powerful wizard named Maax (Rip Torn, Men in Black) to prevent him from rightfully ascending as the leader of his people. But the curse left him with a unique gift: the ability to telepathically communicate with all forms of animal life. But when Maax all but wipes out his tribe leaving Dar to fend for himself, he begins a quest of vengeance, accompanied by his animal friends, to Maax and end his reign of terror and violence.

Directed by legendary genre filmmaker Don Coscarelli (Phantasm, Bubba Ho-Tep) and co-starring Tanya Roberts (Sheena), John Amos (Coming to America), and Rod Loomis (Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure), THE BEASTMASTER is a thrilling mix of fantasy, action, and adventure, with touches of horror. Photographed by Academy Award winning cinematographer John Alcott (Barry Lyndon, A Clockwork Orange) and featuring incredible production design by Conrad Angone, Vinegar Syndrome Ultra brings THE BEASTMASTER to UHD and Blu-ray in a brand new 4K restoration!"

Special features and specs:
  • Region Free 4k Ultra HD / Blu-ray combo
  • Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm interpositive
  • 4k UHD presented in HDR
  • Limited edition VSU magnet clasp hard case containing a Slipcover and a 40-page bound book
  • Newly produced multi-part feature length making-of documentary
  • Select extras ported over from previous DVD releases
  • Additional extras to be announced
  • Reversible Blu-ray sleeve cover artwork
  • English SDH subtitles
  • Directed by: Don Coscarelli
  • Starring: Marc Singer, Rip Torn, Tanya Roberts, John Amos, Rod Loomis
  • 118 min
  • 1.85:1
  • English 5.1

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 13th November 2020, 02:56 PM
Cult Master

***ARTWORK REVEAL***
Dual Slip art for the upcoming 'Fade to Black' Blu-ray!

Old 13th November 2020, 07:30 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Is there a date for forgotten giallo vol 2?

Sorry if it's been posted already.
Old 13th November 2020, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
Is there a date for forgotten giallo vol 2?

Sorry if it's been posted already.
It's Black Friday pre-order isn't it?

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th November 2020, 10:00 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It is.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 20th November 2020, 03:37 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
Anyone have experience of VS Black Friday sales? I've got some money to burn this year. I'm thinking I can get around 10 discs but was wondering if there was an ideal package size to save on postage and/or avoid customs? Should I maybe split the order or perhaps not order so many?
Old 26th November 2020, 07:41 AM
Cult Master

'Beyond Dreams Door' (1989) - Coming to Blu-ray in 2021 from Vinegar Syndrome

MORE INFO TBA

Old 26th November 2020, 11:07 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Anyone have experience of VS Black Friday sales? I've got some money to burn this year. I'm thinking I can get around 10 discs but was wondering if there was an ideal package size to save on postage and/or avoid customs? Should I maybe split the order or perhaps not order so many?
Service is superb.
Quick delivery.
Customs friendly.
MacBlayne, Demoncrat and Rob4 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!