Like Tree1379Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th February 2024, 11:26 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
"We have seen a number of comments and questions regarding an audio mix anomaly in the English language versions of THE HORRIBLE DR HICHCOCK. The anomaly is in the form of a piece of dialogue which is repeated. We are fully aware of it and can confirm that this is in fact a defect in the original English mix, created in 1962! It has been present in all released English language versions, including previous home video releases, and was present on the sound elements we sourced for our restoration. We did not feel that it was our place to change any portion of the sound mix and have retained this "flaw" in our presentation."
I watched this last night again via the Radiance disc for review purposes and never noticed any sound defect or repeated dialogue.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 8th February 2024, 11:51 AM
Cult Veteran

Funny, I noticed it when I watched it

It's at the beginning, around 8:20 when the guests are leaving and some of their goodbyes are echoed and repeated, it sounds odd, but I never thought it was a glitch on the disc, just in the original editing.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th February 2024, 11:55 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Funny, I noticed it when I watched it

It's at the beginning, around 8:20 when the guests are leaving and some of their goodbyes are echoed and repeated, it sounds odd, but I never thought it was a glitch on the disc, just in the original editing.
Last night i watched the shorter US version on disc two so it possibly wasn't in it.

Or maybe i was eating salt and vinegar chip sticks and too busy to notice in what was from what you say a fairly inconsequential scene
Old 8th February 2024, 12:01 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Last night i watched the shorter US version on disc two so it possibly wasn't in it.

Or maybe i was eating salt and vinegar chip sticks and too busy to notice in what was from what you say a fairly inconsequential scene
No, that scene isn't in the shorter version, it's right before he (spoiler) accidentally kills his first wife.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 8th February 2024, 10:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I love that they give films like this such treatment never seen it but im sure it worthy of a slipcase
I’ve always wanted to see this purely because of the title, to see how bad it is, but it’s Troma so I’m sure it’ll be fun in a bad way.
Old 3rd May 2024, 03:04 PM
Cult Master

'Slope's Game Room: Cult Movies, Shows and Classic Comics' (2024) - Available from Vinegar Syndrome direct - UK$21.79

"ETR Media is the brand new film distribution arm of Enjoy the Ride Records, a Long Island based record label, specializing in cult following reissues through a variety of genres. ETR Media releases will adhere to the same quality standards as fans have come to associate with their lavish LP reissues. Vinegar Syndrome?s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this new and unique home video line!

Cult Movies, Shows & Classic Comics brings together 9 documentaries based on 9 iconic movies, TV shows and comic franchises. Taking a deep dive into these popular IP?s before finding every single video game based upon them.

Not every licensed video game is terrible? although, most of them are!

Originally created on the YouTube channel Slope?s Game Room, these popular short films look at how classic horror franchises such as Friday the 13th, SAW and The Evil Dead began their gruesome journeys. We look at the creation of classic comics such as The Mask, Howard The Duck and Scott Pilgrim. Ever wondered how Robocop vs Terminator and Alien vs Predator began their timelines? What about the creation of classic cartoons shows such as Beavis & Butthead?

We take a look at all of them. And, we dig deep searching for every video game too, some of which have never been officially released. It?s all here and it?s cut into 9 separate episodes for your enjoyment, bringing the total run time to just under 5 hours (plus an extra 3 hours of bonus features and Easter eggs too).

This Blu-ray also includes the world?s 1st Blu-ray 3D Maze Game. A throwback to the classic 1980?s maze games of old where you will need to find your way through the maze searching for characters based on the classic franchises featured on this disc. Can you make your way out of the maze and discover what reward lies at the end?
"

Episodes included?
  • Friday the 13th (Timed exclusively for this release)
  • SAW
  • The Evil Dead
  • The Mask (Re-Recorded exclusively for this release)
  • Howard The Duck (Re-Recorded exclusively for this release)
  • Scott Pilgrim vs The World
  • Robocop vs Terminator
  • Alien vs Predator
  • Beavis & Butthead (Re-Recorded and extended exclusively for this release)

Special features and specs:
  • Region Free Blu-ray
  • SLOPE'S MAZE GAME - The world's 1st blu ray 3D MAZE GAME
  • The 1st HD Video Game Ever
  • Disney's Best Selling Video Game
  • Richard Leinfellner (Evil Dead game) Interview
  • Chris Neary (Evil Dead game) Interview
  • 7 Stolen Trademarks Part 1
  • 7 Stolen Trademarks Part 2
  • GAME OVER! The worst video game movie EVER!
  • English SDH subtitles
  • 295 min (combined)
  • 1.78:1
  • English DTS-HD MA 2.0

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cult Movies, Shows And Classic Comics 1.jpg (88.5 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg Cult Movies, Shows And Classic Comics 2.jpg (91.2 KB, 21 views)
Graveyard likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty

Like this? Share it using the links below!