All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree3162Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th August 2022, 08:31 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Special features:

HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS (1995) DISC ONE (4K UHD – THEATRICAL CUT):
🔪NEW 2022 4K Scan From The Original Camera Negative
🔪In Dolby Vision (HDR 10 Compatible)
🔪DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, 2.0
🔪NEW Audio Commentary With Screenwriter Daniel Farrands And Actress Marianne Hagan, Moderated By Filmmaker Michael Perez

HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS (1995) DISC TWO (4K UHD – PRODUCER’S CUT):
🔪Audio Commentary With Screenwriter Daniel Farrands And Composer Alan Howarth

HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS (1995) DISC THREE (BLU-RAY – THEATRICAL CUT):
🔪NEW Audio Commentary With Screenwriter Daniel Farrands And Actress Marianne Hagan, Moderated By Filmmaker Michael Perez
🔪Theatrical Trailer
🔪TV Spots
🔪Still Gallery
🔪Electronic Press Kit

HALLOWEEN: THE CURSE OF MICHAEL MYERS (1995) DISC FOUR (BLU-RAY – PRODUCER’S CUT):
🔪Audio Commentary With Screenwriter Daniel Farrands And Composer Alan Howarth
🔪Jamie’s Story – An Interview With The Original “Jamie” Actress Danielle Harris
🔪The Cursed “Curse” – An Interview With Producers Malek Akkad And Paul Freeman
🔪Acting Scared – A look At The Film’s Cast With Actresses Mariah O’Brien And J.C. Brandy
🔪The Shape Of Things – A Look At Michael Myers’ Murders And Mayhem With Special Make-Up Effects Artists John Buechler And Brad Hardin And Actor George P. Wilbur (Michael Myers)
🔪Haddonfield’s Horrors – The Sights Of HALLOWEEN 6 With Director Of Photography Billy Dickson, Production Designer Brad Ryman, And Director Of Photography (Additional Scenes) Thomas Callaway
🔪Full Circle – An Interview With Composer Alan Howarth
🔪Cast And Crew Tribute To Donald Pleasence
🔪Archival Interviews And Behind-The-Scenes Footage
🔪Additional Behind-The-Scenes Footage Shot By Screenwriter Daniel Farrands
🔪Alternate And Deleted Scenes (Not Present In Either Cut Of The Film)
🔪Teaser Trailer: HALLOWEEN 666: THE ORIGIN OF MICHAEL MYERS

HALLOWEEN H20: 20 YEARS LATER (1998) DISC ONE (4K UHD):
🔪Audio Commentary With Director Steve Miner And Actress Jamie Lee Curtis, Moderated By Sean Clark

HALLOWEEN H20: 20 YEARS LATER (1998) DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):
🔪Audio Commentary With Director Steve Miner And Actress Jamie Lee Curtis, Moderated By Sean Clark
🔪Blood Is Thicker Than Water: The Making Of HALLOWEEN H20 Featuring Interviews With Producers Malek Akkad And Paul Freeman, Writer Robert Zappia, Actors Jamie Lee Curtis, Josh Hartnett, Jodi Lyn O’Keefe, And More
🔪Scenes With John Ottman’s Original Score
🔪Vintage Interviews And Behind-The-Scenes Footage
🔪Still Gallery
🔪TV Spot
🔪Theatrical Trailer

HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION (2002) DISC ONE (4K UHD):
🔪Audio Commentary With Director Rick Rosenthal And Editor Robert A. Ferretti

HALLOWEEN: RESURRECTION (2002) DISC TWO (BLU-RAY):
🔪NEW Haddonfield North – An Interview With Production Designer Troy Hansen
🔪NEW Sister, Screen Queen Sister – An Interview With Stunt Coordinator And Long-Time Jamie Lee Curtis Stunt Double Donna Keegan
🔪NEW Hell Raiser – An Interview With Special Makeup Effects 🔪Coordinator Gary J. Tunnicliffe
🔪NEW The Youngest Shape – An Interview With Actor Gary Clayton
🔪NEW The Butcher And The Blade – An Interview With Actor Sean Patrick Thomas
🔪NEW Tales From The Script – An Interview With Comic Book Author Stef Hutchinson
🔪Audio Commentary With Director Rick Rosenthal And Editor Robert A. Ferretti
🔪Deleted Scenes And Alternate Endings
🔪Web Cam Special
🔪Vintage Interviews And Behind-The-Scenes Footage
🔪Head Cam
🔪Storyboard Analysis
🔪Set Tour
🔪Set Interviews With Cast And Crew
🔪Still Gallery
🔪Home Video TV Spots
🔪Theatrical Trailer

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Halloween - Scream Factory contents.jpg (98.9 KB, 94 views)
MacBlayne likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st August 2022, 04:38 PM
Cult Master

'The Company Of Wolves' (1984) - 4K UHD + Blu-Ray Collector's Edition [+ poster] pre-order available from Scream Factory direct for Scream Factory direct - $35:99

Release date: November 22

""A GLOOMY, FANTASTICAL UNIVERSE FILLED WITH GNARLED TREES, WICKED THORNBUSHES, CLAMMY MISTS, TORTUROUS PATHS ... THE MOVIE HAS AN UNCANNY HYPNOTIC FORCE ..." – Roger Ebert

Fascinating and imaginative, this riveting thriller from director Neil Jordan (Interview With The Vampire) brings the timeless tale of "Little Red Riding Hood" and werewolf fables together in a haunting, compelling and eerie way.

A wise grandmother (Angela Lansbury) tells her granddaughter Rosaleen (Sarah Patterson) a disturbing tale of innocent maidens falling in love with handsome strangers ... and of their sudden mysterious disappearances when the moon is full and accompanied by the strange sound of a beast in the woods. Nominated for four BAFTA awards including Best Costume Design, Best Make Up Artist, Best Production Design/Art Direction and Best Special Visual Effects, The Company Of Wolves is a tale that will chill you like no other ..."

More info to be announced

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Company Of Wolves.jpg (88.5 KB, 154 views)

Old 31st August 2022, 07:23 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

****ing better have reversible art!

That looks like an episode of Downton Abbey!

Remember the rather crappy UKVHS artwork?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg company-of-wolves-the-42085l.jpg (64.7 KB, 9 views)
MacBlayne likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 31st August 2022, 07:38 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
**** that
They'll release it on a 4k itself.

Unless Second Sight are planning it....

Hate to think of the artwork though....
Thank **** $36

Piranha is a classic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 323010_large.jpg (24.0 KB, 83 views)
MacBlayne and MrBarlow like this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 1st September 2022, 11:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Piranha is good but does it need a UHD release?

My concern is that the plethora of UHD upgrades may be harming the diversity of the market. Upgrading to UHD probably means that many exploitation fans are spending their cash on these rather than supporting releases of more obscure movies making their disc debut, and then giving labels less incentive to seek out and license movies that have never had a disc release before.

I don't know if it is just me, but I feel like re-releases and UHD upgrades are dominating the market now? And that's not a good thing imo
Old 1st September 2022, 11:34 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post

My concern is that the plethora of UHD upgrades may be harming the diversity of the market. Upgrading to UHD probably means that many exploitation fans are spending their cash on these rather than supporting releases of more obscure movies making their disc debut, and then giving labels less incentive to seek out and license movies that have never had a disc release before.

I don't know if it is just me, but I feel like re-releases and UHD upgrades are dominating the market now? And that's not a good thing imo
Totally agree, Rob.
Rob4 likes this.
Old 5th September 2022, 07:10 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nope disagree guys.
Some of these 4k scans,especially older films,are nothing short of incredible,and I'd rather see films like Piranha get 4k releases than some of the recent bullshit cinema releases,which tbh aren't going to look much better on 4k than the blu ray looks.

Case in question,Matrix Ressurections-I watched it first on 4k,then on bd....there wasn't much of a difference.....

Old 5th September 2022, 07:14 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Now the case for the defence.....

I watched Scream Factory's DOG SOLDIERS yesterday and it was the clearest it has ever looked.You can actually see what's going on in the dark.
The difference in this 4k twenty year old film was amazing.

I've owned this on every format since it's release (I've still to compare the Second Sight disc) and this release is the best it's going to get.
MacBlayne, nosferatu42 and Rob4 like this.

Old 5th September 2022, 07:20 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post

Ah but think of it,most collector's will have bought the BD release in the first place,and eejits like me will always buy the upgrade,and there is no doubt millions who are the same,so like the VAT man,the releasing companies are having their cake and eating it.
It's a win-win situation for them,which should keep the dollars coming for those more elusive releases which ain't going to make it any higher than a Blu Ray release.
MacBlayne likes this.

Old 14th September 2022, 07:37 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
'The Company Of Wolves' (1984) - 4K UHD + Blu-Ray Collector's Edition [+ poster] pre-order available from Scream Factory direct for Scream Factory direct - $35:99

Release date: November 22

""A GLOOMY, FANTASTICAL UNIVERSE FILLED WITH GNARLED TREES, WICKED THORNBUSHES, CLAMMY MISTS, TORTUROUS PATHS ... THE MOVIE HAS AN UNCANNY HYPNOTIC FORCE ..." – Roger Ebert

Fascinating and imaginative, this riveting thriller from director Neil Jordan (Interview With The Vampire) brings the timeless tale of "Little Red Riding Hood" and werewolf fables together in a haunting, compelling and eerie way.

A wise grandmother (Angela Lansbury) tells her granddaughter Rosaleen (Sarah Patterson) a disturbing tale of innocent maidens falling in love with handsome strangers ... and of their sudden mysterious disappearances when the moon is full and accompanied by the strange sound of a beast in the woods. Nominated for four BAFTA awards including Best Costume Design, Best Make Up Artist, Best Production Design/Art Direction and Best Special Visual Effects, The Company Of Wolves is a tale that will chill you like no other ..."

More info to be announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
****ing better have reversible art!

That looks like an episode of Downton Abbey!
Reverse artwork

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Company Of Wolves 2.jpg (99.1 KB, 109 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!