Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Other Labels (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=565)
-   -   MGM Midnite Movies (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/other-labels/985-mgm-midnite-movies.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 22nd July 2011 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 168045)
There are quite a few i'd like as well. Warner archives has some great titles that I want, including the Tarzan films starring Mike Henry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never seen those. I love the 12 Weissmuller films released over here. Tbh i've never even heard of Mike Henry.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd July 2011 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 168046)
Never seen those. I love the 12 Weissmuller films released over here. Tbh i've never even heard of Mike Henry.

He played Buford T Justice's (Jackie Gleason) son in the Smokey And The Bandit films.

Prince_Vajda 23rd July 2011 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 168047)
He played Buford T Justice's (Jackie Gleason) son in the Smokey And The Bandit films.

Ah, bringing back fond memories! :pop2:

My three all-time favourites when it comes to police officers:
- Jackie Gleason as Buford T.Justice: "There's no way, no way that you came from my loins. Soon as I get home, first thing I'm gonna do is punch yo mamma in da mouth!"
- Clifton James as Sheriff J.W.Pepper: "Now you listen to me, trooper boy! We got a swamp full of Black Russians drivin' boats to beat the band down here."
- James Best as Rosco P.Coltrane: "Ohhh! That was a *horrendous* crash!"

:lol:

Sorry, slightly off-topic. :focus:
Greetings!

Splatterdragon73 25th July 2011 09:21 AM

The only MM titles i have are still sealed copies of Tales From The Crypt/The Vault Of Horror, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Planet Of The Vampires and The Beast Within. Also, a once checked copy of Deranged/Motel Hell.:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th July 2011 12:13 PM

I'd love to see some of these MGM Midnite Movie releases make it to Blu-ray.

Especially the Dr Phibes films (well, most of their Price films if I'm honest!), plus Deranged, Planet of the Vampires...

Gold6082 19th October 2011 01:23 PM

Just picked up

The Beast Within
Killer Klowns
Strange Invaders/Invaders from mars
Man With The Xray Eyes

All for under £10 new and including postage on Ebay!

desperaretly looking for Theatre of blood & Madhouse but no way Am I paying £26 + on amazon.

mark meakin 20th October 2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 168315)
The only MM titles i have are still sealed copies of Tales From The Crypt/The Vault Of Horror, Killer Klowns From Outer Space, Planet Of The Vampires and The Beast Within. Also, a once checked copy of Deranged/Motel Hell.:)

I have 21 altogether including 15 double bills among them What's The Matter With Helen ? / Whoever Slew Auntie Roo,Die Monster Die / The Dunwich Horror & The Haunted Palace / Tower Of London.The six single movie releases I own are Witchfinder General,Planet Of The Vampires,The Beast Within,Count Yorga Vampire,It-The Terror From Beyond Space & Twice Told Tales.It's a real shame that the releases stopped.

the blob 20th October 2011 01:12 PM

Some of the harder to find ones have reappeared btw. I sold my Comedy of Terrors/Raven double bill a few years ago for a handsome sum and rebought it about a month or two ago for about a tenner from Amazon US. I thought it may just be old stock resurfacing but it came in an Eco case and was still cheaper than buying the two separate UK releases. I'm slowly but surely whittling down my MM wants list. :)

Criterion7 23rd April 2012 04:33 AM

Last one I picked up was the hammer double feature Countess Dracula/Vampire Lovers. Was surprised to see it had actual features as many are barebones. Last before that was Monster That Challenged the World.

keirarts 23rd April 2012 08:04 AM

my current collection....

singles.

witchfinder general, food of the gods, Killer Klowns from outer space (absolutely loaded with special features), pit and the pendulum, fall of the house of usher.

double-bills.

countess dracula/vampire lovers, comedy of terrors/raven, tales of terror/twice told tales, tomb of ligeia/evening of edgar allen poe, masque of the red death/premature burial, haunted palace/tower of london, theatre of blood/madhouse, oblong box/scream and scream again, invisible invaders/journey to the seventh planet, attack of the puppet people/village of the giants, phantom from 10,000 leagues/beast with 1,000,000 eyes, panic in the year zero/last man on earth, empire of the ants/tentacles, die monster die/dunwich horror, monster that challenged the world/it terror from beyond space, cry of the bnanshee/murders in the rue mourgue, house on skull mountain/mephisto waltz, chosen survivors/earth dies screaming, whats the matter with helen/whoever slew auntie roo?, count yorga/return of count yorga, war gods of the deep/at the earths core, voodoo island/four skulls of jonathan drake, strange invaders/invaders from mars, Beast within/bat people, deranged/motel hell, devil's of darkness/witchcraft, the return of dracula/the vampire, yongary/konga, incredible two-headed transplant/thing with two heads, invasion of the star creatures/invasion of the bee girls, tales from the crypt/vault of horror, abominable dr phibes/dr phibes rises again, wild in the streets/gassss, beach blanket bingo/how to stuff a wild bikini, blueprint for murder/man in the attic, psych-out/the trip, morons from outer space/alien from L.A, land that time forgot/people that time forgot, gorilla at large/mystery on monster island....

thats almost all of them, I think i'm missing about five titles.