Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2008
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th January 2008, 06:50 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Ermm......Ive already bought all the Shameless titles Any office cupboard titles going?
Old 20th January 2008, 09:40 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I've already got all of the available titles! I'm trying to get people from the Facebook group over here but no one's listening!
Old 21st January 2008, 10:41 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Looks like I'm still the bookies fave at the mo!
Old 27th January 2008, 04:09 AM
Active Cultist

How about an Italian production called THE INSATIABLES.

Venice in the early seventies. A beautiful nun (with a lyrically-scored slow motion childhood trauma, of course) is invited by a stern countess to her magnificent Venetian villa to look after the delicate wife of the countess' decadent brother who divides his time between terrorizing his wife, antagonizing his sister, having scandalous philosophical arguments with visiting clergy and intellectuals at the dinner table, and hosting perverted, orgiastic parties with a mix of drugged out jet-setters and would-be hippies. As the nun tries to avoid but is eventually coerced into witnessing and participating in all sorts of perverse encounters in the various rooms, corridors, and alcoves of the villa (cue insert footage - the content and completeness depending on the territory the film is shown in), she realizes that she is not losing her admittedly weak identity but discovering a smarter and stronger sense of self that can whip the household into shape. Little does she realize that things are not exactly as they seem between the cruel husband, victimized wife, and disapproving older sister (who of course has ambiguous flashes of affection for the nun).

It'll have to be in scope, of course, with a breathy, sometimes yowling, score that alternates between the romantic and the psychedelic. There will be distorted wide angles, whip pans and zooms (sometimes combined), filters to simulate druggy delirium, and a mix of gothic and pop-art set design and decor.
Old 27th January 2008, 10:00 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Great pitch! Where can I buy the Insatiables?
Old 4th February 2008, 08:58 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

So,who's the winner then?
Old 7th February 2008, 12:20 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Jings there were so many entrants it's taken us days to wade through all the entries! Hm well Reaper and Ecc you're clearly the winners and you made a fine effort with tempting sounding films. If you get round to making them let us know...

As only you two did the full plot thing I'll send out Venus plus something else from the cupboard if that suits you two? PM me your addresses and I'll get them out pronto!
Old 13th February 2008, 08:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

What's happened almar?is it safe for me to put my venus on sale on amazon?
Old 20th February 2008, 03:14 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Will Night Train Murders be the next prize in the competitions?
Old 20th February 2008, 03:40 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Just got the finished stock in today and I have to say even if I say so myself it looks rather tasty.

Well the next title to give away would be Flavia or Manhattan Baby but I wasn't racing to do another comp as they weren't exactly that popular or am I just being miserable?
Closed Thread  

Like this? Share it using the links below!