Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2008
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th March 2008, 09:42 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedorca View Post
Sounds like it should be a Shameless title!!
Madness recorded Night Boat To Cairo. My journey could be called Night Train From Cairo.
Old 5th March 2008, 07:12 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

When I read the "Whore aboard" quote on the case ... I giggled like an uncontrollable schoolgirl!

Classic! Keep em coming

Old 7th March 2008, 01:16 PM
Cult Rookie

Unhappy Aaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh!!

It was the worst !

I come from a small rural town in the north of england, you know the type of place. Someones cousin new someones cousin, (Crack out the banjo's).

Anyway I was about eleven at the time and my parents wanted to take me and my other two siblings to Pendle hill, this is the hill of famous folk law where the last known witches of England where encamped.

We set off in my parents old austin martin nothing as grand as James Bond's far from it anyway we set off on the journey to have a roadside picnic at the top of the hill, a hill that grows heather naturally on the side in the shape of a witch flying on a broomstick.

As we got closer the clouds moved in and the rain began to pelter down even more so than on previous trips to the beckoning, dark, emposing shadow of the hill. As we drove up the side of the hill the rain started to come down harder and the clouds swirlled with misfortune and hail.

My parents looked behind them to see the the faces of their siblings pale and ashone felt. To say we was scared was a total missgiving as we were completly paralyised with fear and the only emotion we felt was one of true horror, sure we had all heard all the stories of how the old hill had some sort of dark spell cast against it's shadow but we were young, and you do believe don't you?

The rain seem to ease and we reached the summit and pulled over, my parents went of to find gooseburries and blackburries as they grow thick and fast along the roadside in the spring and summer months.

As our parents were away, the clouds moved in again but this time the wind got up a howl of it's own accord and in the distance a low figure approached the car hobbling with a black shawl and a craggy old walking stick. As the figure approached we all looked at each other and started to cry and sat frozen with total fear and foeboading. The small craggy figure came closer and reach the thin pale boney hand out and pointed at the car, the rain had started to come down again even harder and the black shawl mixed with tangled long damp grey hair only made the figure more fightening than out of any horror comic I had ever read before.

We sat stil, Stil as though the figure wanted something from us. The dark figure moved past the car. We all looked at each other and wondered what was to come. Our parents came back with tubs full and wondered why there children were crying, We told them of what we had seen as we all sat down to eat our picnic. We then started the drive back but unfortunitely the brakes had gone and we began to roll down the hill backwards, as we rolled again the wind and the rain began it's course in trying to stop us on our journey.

My dad was fighting with the gears and the stearing wheel as we rolled down and the rain and wind lashed and cried aginst the car, as my parents and my brother and sister watched the road through the back window I remember looking forward and the figure that had pastus by. Stood by the road side and pointed out again with it's pale boney finger.

We cried but then as we seemed to reach the bottom of the hill the rain stopped and we came to a sudden hault. This was the worst journey and one I would not wish upon any a living soul.
Old 7th March 2008, 03:08 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

It sounds a bit like going from Newquay to Truro via Trefullock Moor.
Old 16th March 2008, 11:08 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

So who gets the special yellow Shameless tickets for the Night Train?
Old 17th March 2008, 07:18 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

And the winner is?
Old 17th March 2008, 09:57 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Hm - the natives are getting impatient. I would have got to you sooner but I was asked to put together plans on how we can get the public to buy more DVD copies of everything from Jamie Oliver to Rumpole of the Bailey with a bit of Love Thy Neighbour thrown in for good measure!

Anyway I'm finally done and will now judge this competition. I'd like everyone to win as all the stories really tickled me. Travelling can suck just so much.

Anyway winners of a copy of Night Train Murders are:

Sargento for the touching drool-based love on a bus story, Stela3 for the quite Fulci-esque tale of fear in England and Peter Neal for re-awakening my fear of leaving anything on a train and seeing it sail off into the distance!

PM me your address and I'll get the DVDs off to you!

Thank you to everyone for entering. Next comp will be to win copies of Ratman and I'd like to hear what form the competition should take. Best suggestion gets something random from my cupboard and as you can see from above I work on a variety of stuff! I want to set up the comp in the next day or so so get those thinking caps on. It's got to be reasonably easy but for instance this travel one has yielded some very amusing stories.
Old 18th March 2008, 12:08 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

As the prize is Ratman, off the top of my head I'd suggest something animal-related. Pet story, animal incident, pest control, an encounter with a giant mutated tadpole etc?
Old 18th March 2008, 12:50 AM
Technical Moderator

Those travel stories were hilarious

On to the next competition!
Old 18th March 2008, 09:01 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Recounting tails ("tails"... get it? ) of icky encounters with creepy crawlies and rodents, perhaps? Like those horrible times when you realise there's a spider in your bed...

Like this? Share it using the links below!