Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Competition Corner > Competition Archive > Past Competitions - 2012
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th June 2012, 07:47 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
This comp is doomed! DOOMED!
I thought it was quite a cool idea BUUT I'll give it until tomorrow or later, and if not I'll just change the rules - no big deal
Old 24th June 2012, 07:48 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Its another comp where, when four or five people are online at the same time things are going to be posted out of place.
Old 24th June 2012, 07:48 PM
Cult Addict

I was only teasing Kyle. I get it fine enough, just wondered if the corner was big enough for several dozen sulking members..........

DVD and BD collection
Old 24th June 2012, 07:52 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
This is where it gets technical now, if we have to read into sentences like that.

Any syntax error or spelling mistake is going to get jumped on.
Hmm..I don't think it's quite in the realms of that sort of pedantry though. I only did that as an example as it's an interesting fact which people might have known, or at least have been wary to jump on and claim it as a lie without looking into it a bit. If I'd said "Lloyd Kauffman is the co-founder of Troma films..ah what?..no it's Lloyd Kaufman..one 'f'! ha! I WIN!" then I think that would be an unfair way of winning
Old 24th June 2012, 07:55 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Its another comp where, when four or five people are online at the same time things are going to be posted out of place.
True, I think maybe have more of a limit regarding the "You must only post ONE fact each time and must wait for someone else to post before you can post again. Taking it in turns." rule or else it could just end up with 3 people online at the same time clocking in one pointers. Maybe a daily limit or something, to get people to try and think more tactically? But that's just me obviously!
Old 24th June 2012, 07:56 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Good point Dem - I think I'll scrap the 'spot the lies within 5 posts' rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I was only teasing Kyle. I get it fine enough, just wondered if the corner was big enough for several dozen sulking members..........
I know pal - Every once in a while I do a comp thats kinda complicated. Sometimes it goes really well - others...not so much. Just gotta see how this one goes. There's always plan B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Hmm..I don't think it's quite in the realms of that sort of pedantry though. I only did that as an example as it's an interesting fact which people might have known, or at least have been wary to jump on and claim it as a lie without looking into it a bit. If I'd said "Lloyd Kauffman is the co-founder of Troma films..ah what?..no it's Lloyd Kaufman..one 'f'! ha! I WIN!" then I think that would be an unfair way of winning
Yeaaaah, no pedanty please. Spelling mistakes or anything of that nature doesn't count. The meaning of the statement is what counts and no fancy manipulation either
PaulD likes this.
Old 24th June 2012, 08:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

I preferred the quote search

I'll pass on this one, too much hassle to keep up with . . .
Old 24th June 2012, 09:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

FACT: Quentin Tarantino named one of the characters in his Natural Born Killers screenplay after an actor who was blacklisted during the McCarthy witch hunt era
Old 24th June 2012, 09:07 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Scrap this! Posting a new comp for this in just a bit...

Like this? Share it using the links below!