Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The UK DVD Box Sets > Prisoner: Cell Block H - Vol 8 (Episodes 225 - 256)
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th June 2011, 09:08 PM
Cult Rookie

Send a message via MSN to joaniefwergusondivine Send a message via Yahoo to joaniefwergusondivine Send a message via Skype™ to joaniefwergusondivine

Not strictly a "prisoner" tattoo, but I do have a small red kangaroo as a tribute to the film Welcome To Woop Woop, which Maggie starred in. I'm not mad enough to get her face on me ;-)
Sam@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 1st July 2011, 01:36 AM
Cultist

Changing your actual name to Joan Ferguson sounds pretty dedicated to me!! My car is called Brandy after Brandy Carter but thats not quite as devoted
Old 2nd July 2011, 07:01 PM
Cult Rookie

Well i was a kid when i made my 1st vist to wentworth, it was my mum and dad that got me into wentworth, i can remember was i was a 11 and mum and dad treated me to the inside story book we had to rush as it was 5,30 and wh smith were closeing and my dad asked if i could go and get these book and the women let me as she was a fan to, last year i payed a 100 that i saved to just get the book from the boxset, i would love one day to meet some of the cast but i am agroaphobic so you have to let me be the only person, i got all the novels uk and usa ones but would not part with them, i think i love all the run as they is always something going on, i love how the storylines can still be watched as if it was made yesterday.
Old 2nd July 2011, 07:05 PM
Cult Rookie

Just wanted to add now this is sad i have the theme as my mob ringtone. Lol
Old 3rd July 2011, 05:12 PM
Cult Rookie

Well, Prisoner has been in my life since I was four or five and some of my earliest memories are of watching with my Dad. I remember a sleepover at my friend's house when I was little and how we weren't allowed to watch Prisoner when it was screened, but we managed to watch it in the end - with the sound on "mute" and then properly (from the VHS recording) the next morning!

I was over the moon back in 1997 (?) when Channel 5 started to air it again and I could really start to appreciate its quality writing and storylines as a (well nearly) adult.

My first long term relationship came about through a Prisoner chat forum, back in 1999ish and I well remember us both waking at 0440hrs (or whatever time it was screened at on Channel 5) to watch AND record it. Four happy years, but it was not to last

So, then came DVDs and I picked up a couple of bootleg sets on eBay, for it was the only way of watching it. If I recall, I think I paid around £30 per 100 episodes. A few years later, I picked upa bootleg set for £70 or so!

Next was the first and only time I have met a cast member and without revealing who it was on this forum, that experience left me too traumatised to meet any more LOL! Didn't somebody once say, "never meet your heroes"? Thankfully, I do realise that there are cast members who are so much more than the charcaters they portray and who really do care about their fans

Next came the official DVDs and I started importing them from Oz - I think I got to volume 16 and then, even though I wasn't working at the time, I ordered the big boxset in that fabulous metal case. The time I spent looking out of the window, waiting for Postman Pat to arrive with it!!

So, what else? My first car was called Susie (after Ms Driscoll), my second Erica (after our Governor Queen) and my current car is called Pixie, after the lovely Pixie Mason (what else could I call her when she is a Nissan Pixo?).

If it hadn't been for Prisoner, then I'd probably never have seen so many wonderful Australian series. I'm lucky enough to have complete sets of Sons & Daughters, The Flying Doctors, A Country Practice and Carson's Law, to name but a few. For many, Prisoner is just that, but for me, it has been a gateway into the world of quality acting and much, much more.

Not sure whether it counts, but I had schoolboy crushes on Doreen and Sandy - no wonder I turned out gay LOL!!

Last but certainly not least, if it hadn't been for Prisoner, then I never would have come to meet my best friend. We've had so many laughs, fun and outrageousness over the years.....much at the expense of our beloved show!!

LONG LIVE PRISONER!!!
Old 3rd July 2011, 05:42 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Why I believe i am the biggest Prisoner Fan

I persoanlly love Prisoner cell block H, it is a great drama which it's day tackled a lot of subjects never dealt with before on TV, so was very ground breaking, but unlike some programmes it has stood the test of time and is still as watchable now as it was when first shown, it has had some of the greatest tv,stage and film actresses grace it's screen over 692 episodes, plus unlike most TV series, you were not looking all glam and gorgeous, yet some looked without even trying.And i think people will still be wathcing in another 30 years time when no doubt the next generation will be introduced to the high's and lows in Wentworth Dentention Centre.

Also i am bordering on obsessed with watching it, i have it on whilst eating breakfast, if im stood doing the washing up i always have it playing, at work, soon as it's meal break time out come the headphones and on comes Prisoner, even now to the stage where me work mates come in and say "oh look cell block again"

Before the release of DVD's i used to frantically tape episodes from the TV, and the last showing was on Yorkshire, now i am based in East Anglia, and i ended up with a snowy picture, in colour with perfect sound but picture was really bad, but that did not deter me? nope i put them on tape and sat down to watch them in the mornings, and i even still have the VHS tapes with the recordings on, that's how much i love Prisoner Cell Block H

There are also DVD's you can rent, but because i had bought lots of Prisoner DVD's i forgot all about 1 which i had rented and kept for 18 months, and was paying £6.00 a month for, because i was watching episode after episode of Prisoner Cell Block H, and failed to send it back.they got it back in the end, but it cost me a fortune.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:15 PM
Blogs Moderator

BETTING ENDS!

The No.1 Prisoner fan competition is now officially closed. A winner will be selected later this week and announced here. A Private message will also be sent to the lucky lag with the successful entry.

Massive thanks to everyone who contributed and good luck everyone!
Old 4th July 2011, 06:03 PM
Cultist

does the rule of contributing to 10 threads still apply..cos I dont mean to be a party pooper but most people who have entered have not done that?
Old 4th July 2011, 07:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Hopefully it will, as that was one of the T&Cs of entry and I spent time trying (and will continue) to contribute...........now, BACK TO THE LAUNDRY!
Old 4th July 2011, 07:55 PM
Cultist

hardly anyone has contributed to 10 seperate threads though..I am not even sure if I have to be honest..and if the comp is now closed how can anyone win? lol

Like this? Share it using the links below!