Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st September 2010, 07:05 PM
Blogs Moderator

Noted, I just like Rita Connors and her magical headband.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:25 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As some of you know I have all 692 episodes on DVD, I never tire of watching a favourite storyline or a run of a few episodes at random.

I think Prisoner was very daring.I can't think of many shows back in the 80's who would dare tackle kneecaps being shot off,escaped psychopaths passing themselves off as officers,Lesbian and straight rape,bombs,incest.blackmail and racism.

Things we learnt from prisoner

Meg Jackson/Morris liked to date virtually every male who entered the series and in most cases ended up cursing them with a soon to come death, including stabbing,shooting x2, and on one occasion boring her second husband into another women's bed

Joan Ferguson has a hatred towards the world unless you are a child or have 4 legs.

Top dogs are often hypocrites who justify their lagging as Ok because it is for the good of the women.

Deputy governors end up with their familys being blown up, Never take the JOB!!!!

Ray Meagher AKA ALF stone the flamin crows Ails" Stewart, can come back as many people and think we will forget he was in the show before.

Never Give Officer Barry any responsibility, she will allow terrorists in, fires,newsleaks and then whimper into her hanky.

Bea smith enjoys calling people BAAARSTARDSS".

Scottish Officers built like a Brick Dunny come back more times than a horror Villian "Now Just be nice to your Ol friend Jock Lassie"

And no matter how vicious you are or how many years you get away with vicious acts you can swap uniforms.

So 3 cheers to Ol Vinegar,Po Face,The Freak,Barrell Guts,Psycho Bridges,Davo,Reno,Queen Bea,and the Yank and the rest for a great show woot.
Old 23rd September 2010, 10:27 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@Cult Labs View Post
My favourite character was always the woman who went on to be the Doctor's wife in Neighbours... The little minx!
Jackie Woodburne aka Susan Kennedy/Julie Eggbert???

She is a fine actress indeed.
Old 23rd September 2010, 07:16 PM
Blogs Moderator

and she totally rocked it in her Cardigan!
Old 6th October 2010, 02:36 PM
Blogs Moderator

The PRISONER DRINKING GAME is now a Facebook competition so if you want to try and win a copy of Vol 5, head over to the CULT LABS FAN PAGE for more details.
Old 20th October 2010, 10:00 AM
Cult Addict

I have recently been watching a few old tapes that I still have with Prisoner episodes on them. Who remembers the following; Cravens murder (with the homemade, or should that be cell'-made?, crossbow), or the two parter with the girls smuggling out the tape to Phil Clayton, ace reporter(!) and the tv program exposing Wentwoth and Blackmore. The best one so far though has to be the episode where Rodney (Fergusons main lackey) is performing at an am-dram production of a play. His preformance gets recorded by Lexie (one of the few hotties in Prisoner!) and then smuggled back to Wentwoth where it gets played over the speakers in the prison. Funniest thing Ive seen in a long time!
Old 28th October 2010, 03:21 PM
Cult Addict

Can someone remind me of the story line of some of the girls escaping and hiding in/on a boat? It was near the end of the series and thats about all I can remember! The other one that I half-remember also came near the end of the show and it involved a female assassin (getting into Wentworth on a false charge or something similar) with the WORST Russian accent ive ever heard. I think that she was after one the the girls inside (maybe Reet Connors?).

Much thanks.
Old 10th February 2011, 04:30 PM
Cult Addict

Some of the most memorable scenes from the series are now up on the Prisoner clips section.
Old 15th February 2011, 03:51 PM
Cult Addict

Did you know that James Condon (who played The Minister, Mr Dwyer) was married to Anne Haddy (Helen Daniels in Neighbours) and actually starred alongside her in Neighbours for a while as her screen husband?
Old 16th February 2011, 06:13 PM
Cult Rookie

Murial Gray used to be on before Prisoner during the years when I watched it - and the incessantly dull '01' show about London and what was happening

I usedto like the student food programme Get Stuffed which was on back in the early 90's before Pris.

Mr420...you're thining of the notorious boat episodes after Lou Kelly is killed
Ep625-ish, I think.

The assassin breaks in to get info from Lisa Mullins - but cop Wendy Glover is there to protect her.
Wendy Glover was one of my fave characters from '86.

Like this? Share it using the links below!