Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > The Rec Room - Series Debate
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd March 2011, 11:39 AM
Cult Addict

Default Highlights of Vol.6

What's your best bits of this volume? The women finding hidden tunnels or perhaps Vera's descent to alcohol hell? Tell us about it here!
Old 25th March 2011, 07:56 PM
Cultist in Training

The characters of Georgie Baxter and Evelyn Randall are both very exciting for me - Georgie's numerous conflicts and Evelyn poisoning her fellow inmates create brilliant viewing.
Old 26th March 2011, 02:51 PM
Cult Rookie

For me, Vol 6 is all about the tunnel escape and the quarantine storyline.

Any scene with Gillespie is a joy to watch; Anne Griffin's descent into madness is great stuff (although Kate Peterson will outdo her by far in a couple of boxsets' time); the tunnel scenes are gripping; Jock Stewart is always value for money, even though he doesn't appear very much in this one; the cliffhanger where an escaping Sandra Hamilton looks down the barrel of a rifle is very memorable; and Evelyn's final scenes are very harrowing.

Georgie Baxter never really struck a chord with me, although she does liven up a comparatively dull set of episodes considerably. Ken's last episode is downright tedious, although the final scene with the credits scrolling over a sobbing Bea is beautiful. Margo's release is cringeworthy, and the sooner that teacher bloke leaves Wentworth, the better.

Volumes 5 and 6 are unquestionably the nadir of the series for me, but they're still worth every penny (you can't beat a bit of Blocky, even on a bad day), and from here on, the only way is up...
Old 31st March 2011, 10:55 AM
Cult Addict

Countess Lizzie coming out of the shadows behind Bea in the tunnel at the end of 165 in full make up was like Dracula creeping up on a victim!, and why do I think of the Two Ronnies in drag when I see Bea And Judy playing the ugly sisters?
Old 8th April 2011, 07:14 PM
Cult Rookie

the escape in the tunnel was great

Like this? Share it using the links below!