Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd October 2011 10:51 AM

Thought Merlin was excellent. A very dark episode. The scenes in the ruins with the constant eerie screams in the night and the flying gaseous skulls and lack of incidental music had more pure horror to them than many a so-called horror film.

Nemesis 3rd October 2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 186774)
Well? watched this yet? didnt anyone else groan severely with the awful "reveal" then??

I really enjoyed it as a finale - hopefully the set-up will lead to more standalone stories set up on different planets.

Susan Foreman 16th October 2011 04:10 PM

Information about the 2012 series of 'Doctor Who'

Hideously early I know, but according to 'Doctor Who Magazine', the 2012 series is scheduled to begin in the Autumn of the year, and not the Spring as previous series have been

It has also been announced that 14 new episodes have been commissioned, although BBC One controller Danny Cohen has stated that some of the episodes will air in 2013 and not 2012

Personally, I think that the Autumn/Winter is the correct time of the year to watch the show. The howling wind, and pouring rain on the windows adds to the atmosphere, while the bright sunshine and birds singing during the Spring/Summer months tend to make things less scary!

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th October 2011 05:27 PM

I just hope we have finally said goodbye to Amy, Rory and Riversong.

The Doctor can't really start afresh with their baggage still round his neck.

Susan Foreman 16th October 2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 190473)
I just hope we have finally said goodbye to Amy, Rory and Riversong.

I don't know about River Song, but from what I have heard, Rory and Amy are still going to be in the show, but they are only going to be appearing in the Earth based episodes, similar to UNIT during the Jon Pertwee years

Apparently the Doctor is going to get a new companion for the space based story

Susan Foreman 28th October 2011 06:41 AM

As seems to be traditional, there is due to be a sneak peek at the Christmas episode during this years 'Children in Need' thing, on November 18th

Susan Foreman 18th November 2011 08:04 PM

If 'Children in Need' is anything to go by, it seems that the title for the Christmas special is "The Doctor, The Widow and The Wardrobe"

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th November 2011 10:13 PM

From the trailer it looks better than the entire 6th series.

Demoncrat 19th November 2011 08:18 AM

what about this horrible film rumor then? i feel like going postal tonight:laugh:

Susan Foreman 19th November 2011 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehamish (Post 198665)
what about this horrible film rumor then? i feel like going postal tonight:laugh:

As far as I'm aware, that's all it is at the moment - a rumour

It seems that IF it happens, it'll be a film that is a project commissioned by BBC Worldwide and not sanctioned by BBC Wales. So there has been some controversy with it's announcement. There have been some exchanges on twitter:

BBC executive Edward Russell:

"Off Twitter for a few hours and the Doctor Who world explodes. There's always talk of a movie. Perhaps? Maybe one day. But not right now!"

BBC's official Doctor Who Magazine:

"To those hearing Doctor Who movie rumours, it's just the same rumours which have been going round for years. Nothing's currently happening!"

BBC America:

"A Doctor Who feature film remains in development w/ BBC Worldwide Productions in LA. As of yet no script, cast or production crew in place."

And Steven Moffatt:

"Announcing my personal moonshot, starting from scratch. No money, no plan, no help from NASA. But I know where the moon is – I’ve seen it."