Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2013 01:09 PM

The DoctorWhoOnline website had this to say on the previously reported missing episodes news.

DWO can confirm that we have been approached with news from several high-profile sources, some of which confirm these rumours and some that conflict with them and the actual figure of the number of episodes rumoured to have been found.

Whilst it would be easy to blurt out everything we have been told, we retain the caution from previous rumours and hoaxes, and will simply hold out for official confirmation - when and if it comes. What we will say is that *should* the rumours be true, despite the initial excitement at the possibility, it would be wise to sit back and let the BBC do what they need to do to secure these episodes *if* in fact they have been found.

- See more at: Doctor Who Online - News & Reviews

Gothmogxx 15th June 2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 347250)
The DoctorWhoOnline website had this to say on the previously reported missing episodes news.

DWO can confirm that we have been approached with news from several high-profile sources, some of which confirm these rumours and some that conflict with them and the actual figure of the number of episodes rumoured to have been found.

Whilst it would be easy to blurt out everything we have been told, we retain the caution from previous rumours and hoaxes, and will simply hold out for official confirmation - when and if it comes. What we will say is that *should* the rumours be true, despite the initial excitement at the possibility, it would be wise to sit back and let the BBC do what they need to do to secure these episodes *if* in fact they have been found.

- See more at: Doctor Who Online - News & Reviews

Hopefully this means more Troughtons!

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmogxx (Post 347285)
Hopefully this means more Troughtons!

I'm not picky.

Any will do for me. A complete story would be magical. :nod:

Gothmogxx 15th June 2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 347320)
I'm not picky.

Any will do for me. A complete story would be magical. :nod:

True but at least Hartnell has more complete stories. Poor Troughton has no complete story in his first two seasons, bar Tomb of the Cybermen :(

PaulD 16th June 2013 01:30 AM

Really odd going back over old new episodes and recognising people
I didn't notice before - Andrew Garfield, Tanya from Eastenders etc

Susan Foreman 16th June 2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 347338)
Really odd going back over old new episodes and recognising people
I didn't notice before - Andrew Garfield, Tanya from Eastenders etc

One of the members of the HAVOC stunt-team was Derek Martin, who appeared in a number of Pertwee adventures

When he left HAVOC, and became an actor, he found 'fame' as Charlie Slater in EastEnders!

Demoncrat 17th June 2013 12:15 PM

Fingers Crossed!!

RedEyeTheCylon 17th June 2013 03:45 PM

It would nice to get an official announcement from the BBC, even if its just to confirm that nothing has been found. One of the more believable rumors doing the rounds at the moment is that three complete stories have been returned, those being Marco Polo, The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th June 2013 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 347561)
It would nice to get an official announcement from the BBC, even if its just to confirm that nothing has been found. One of the more believable rumors doing the rounds at the moment is that three complete stories have been returned, those being Marco Polo, The Enemy of the World and The Web of Fear.

I've listened to the audio for Marco Polo numerous times, its a fantastic story.

RedEyeTheCylon 17th June 2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 347563)
I've listened to the audio for Marco Polo numerous times, its a fantastic story.

Plus its one of the few missing episodes for which there are no surviving clips so to recover all seven episodes at once would be all the more sweeter :pray: