Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Gothmogxx 28th June 2013 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 349731)
Some of your scoring seems a bit high. Robot is never a ten. I thought you were taking the piss giving Revenge a ten. :lol:

Image of the Fendahl is brilliant.

I wouldn't give any story ten personally.

Revenge was one I grew up with. Don't know if that's why like it as much.

Robot I really do like. Sure it wasn't a good start for Harry, but apart from that, It was good.

Maybe I need to give Fendahl a re-watch... It was years ago after all.

Gothmogxx 28th June 2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 349732)
Excellent stories both. Robots scared me to death as a child.

A fairly average season to be honest. I love The Ribos Operation, but every story after it is weak. The Stones of Blood is superb for two episodes then turns into a mess of a sci fi tale.

Not bad if you can follow it. The first story of this trilogy The Keeper of Traken is far better though.

Thanks!

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th June 2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmogxx (Post 349733)
Revenge was one I grew up with. Don't know if that's why like it as much.

Robot I really do like. Sure it wasn't a good start for Harry, but apart from that, It was good.

Maybe I need to give Fendahl a re-watch... It was years ago after all.

Did you see Revenge on tv or vhs / dvd. It was puzzling me how you grew up with it and not Masque of Mandragora, Hand of Fear. Face of Evil etc.

My earliest memories of Who watching were the original airings of The Brain of Morbius onwards.

Fendahl is possibly the finest Gothic horror the show made along with Horror of Fang Rock.

Gothmogxx 28th June 2013 03:37 PM

Yeah I saw Revenge on VHS.

Hawkmonger 28th June 2013 09:45 PM

Fendahl: I second Dem, a true masterpiece of gothic horror and a personal faveroute of mine. A re-watch is highly advised. :)

Robots of Death: Ashamed to say I have yet to actualy watch this also.:o

Key to Time: Ribos- Meh. Pirate Planet- Flash Gordon awsome sauce. Stones- As Dem said. Tara- Meh. Kroll- zzzz. Factor- Great! :)

Logopolis- Not the best way T. Baker could have left the show.:(

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th June 2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 349811)

Key to Time: Ribos- Meh. Pirate Planet- Flash Gordon awsome sauce. Stones- As Dem said. Tara- Meh. Kroll- zzzz. Factor- Great! :)

Logopolis- Not the best way T. Baker could have left the show.:(

:lol: I like Androids of Tara, after Ribos its easily the best one of the series. I found The Armageddon Factor to be about four episodes too long.

Hawkmonger 29th June 2013 07:24 AM

I'd rate them:

The Pirate Planet
The Armageddon Factor
The Ribos Operation/ Androids of Tara
The Stones of Blood
The Power of Kroll

Just half way through The Key 2 Time as well. How lucky, I have an excuse to hit my LE box set of the original saga now.:pop2:

Demoncrat 29th June 2013 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gothmogxx (Post 349730)
Oh and please give feedback on some of the episodes I've not seen, Particularly for The Ark in Space, Robots of Death, all of Key to Time and Logopolis.

TAIS - just go with it cough.
ROD - great, creepy "villians" etc
Key....It's Mary Tamm as Romana. Enough said. ENOUGH. And Hawk? ssshhh, Ribos has Iain Cuthbertson and Julian Glover. AND I love Kroll (the comm is excellent btw Goth) for it's OB scenes alone.
Logopolis - the ending does seem rushed now personally.

Gothmogxx 29th June 2013 10:21 PM

Hey! Remember in 2011 when they found the Underwater Menace part 2? And the fact that it STILL hasn't had a release? Well... Here it is! And I have to say, what a GREAT episode! Doctor Who - 0405 - The Underwater Menace (Part 2) - Video Dailymotion

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th June 2013 10:35 PM

I only want to watch an official release in context with the rest of the story.

The Underwater Menace would have been the last on my list to find anything more of to be honest.

Still its better than nothing.