Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th January 2015 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 432999)
Finished robot, ark in space and the sontaran experiment now time for genesis of the daleks

Did you like them?

Any thoughts, fave moments etc?

trebor8273 24th January 2015 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 433009)
Did you like them?

Any thoughts, fave moments etc?

Found robot to be one of the poorest "new doctor" first story's. What the hell was Sarah Jane wearing looks like she came from the 1920s. Ark was ok if a little slow. The sontaran was another ok story. But this all changed with the next story which for me is one of if not the best dalek storys. What did you think of Harry, just couldn't get into his character .

Susan Foreman 24th January 2015 09:51 PM

At 12:01 on 01-01-15, I decided that I was going to watch all the 'Doctor Who' DVD releases, in order, with the production subtitles

I have just finished 'The Krotons' - that's 26 stories (or 115 episodes) in 24 days!

Trouble is...I'm not getting any time to watch any films!!

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th January 2015 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 433036)
Found robot to be one of the poorest "new doctor" first story's. What the hell was Sarah Jane wearing looks like she came from the 1920s. Ark was ok if a little slow. The sontaran was another ok story. But this all changed with the next story which for me is one of if not the best dalek storys. What did you think of Harry, just couldn't get into his character .

Harry was supposed to be the 'action' guy for Tom Baker but Baker could clearly do action himself.

He's only a regular for the next two stories then makes one more appearance.

I think he's a bit too stiff upper lip, i'm not over keen on him either.

I agree with your sentiments regarding Robot. It's merely ok but i do like the robot.

The Ark in Space is great, but i wasn't over keen when i first saw it. I think it gets better with multiple viewings.

The Sontaran Experiment is a waste of space IMO. Styre's quite good but that's about it.

Genesis is a fantastic story...the next one - Revenge of the Cybermen is a shambles unfortunately.

Then it all gets really good. :nod:

trebor8273 26th January 2015 06:31 PM

Finished season 12 and now on the last story of season 13. A improvement on the slightly dispointing 12th season. Not a bad story in the whole season enjoyed them all especially the last two storys the brain of morbuis which reminded me lot of hammer with its atmosphere and style and the seeds of doom which reminded me of the thing from another world/ quatermass, fanatstic and atmospheric with a young John challis ( boycie from only fools and horses) in a early role.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th January 2015 08:59 PM

Anyone know if both Cushing Dr Who films are released anywhere on Blu other than the UK?

RedEyeTheCylon 26th January 2015 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 433357)
Anyone know if both Cushing Dr Who films are released anywhere on Blu other than the UK?

There's an Australian Blu-ray of Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. but that's all unfortunately.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th January 2015 09:34 PM

Cheers.:)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th January 2015 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 433379)
Cheers.:)

I know it's still the UK, but just to let you know that Zavvi have a limited steelbook of Daleks: Invasion Earth 2150 A.D. due for release in May. Looks to be sold out at the moment, but as per usual Zavvi they will no doubt have some become available around release day.

MacWantsTheFlamethrower 26th January 2015 09:58 PM

The last DVD set I got was for The Ice Warriors. It's a good restoration but the main issue with it is that the animation for the missing episode reminds me a bit of Archer.

Also, Peter Sallis is in it. Kind of bizarre seeing him in something so early.