Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demoncrat 11th March 2015 02:25 PM

Read the Sontaran Experiment novel. Easily one of the more "altered" novelisations imo.

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th March 2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 439013)
Read the Sontaran Experiment novel. Easily one of the more "altered" novelisations imo.

It's by Ian Marter. Not one of the typical Terence Dicks 128 pages then stop jobs.

Susan Foreman 11th March 2015 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 439013)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 439014)
It's by Ian Marter. Not one of the typical Terence Dicks 128 pages then stop jobs.

So when they transport down from Nerva Beacon, and land on the planet, they do not arrive with a "wheezing, groaning sound"?

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th March 2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 439077)
So when they transport down from Nerva Beacon, and land on the planet, they do not arrive with a "wheezing, groaning sound"?

:lol:

That's copyright don't you know?

Demoncrat 12th March 2015 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 439077)

Tis a "raucous groaning" noise according to Mr M. Sea Devils I can sort of see as "having the head of a tortoise" nae Sontarans....still, was enjoyable.

Susan Foreman 19th March 2015 09:06 PM

This is disappointing

The Underwater Menace DVD "Removed From Schedule" | Kasterborous Doctor Who News and Reviews

Demdike@Cult Labs 19th March 2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 440551)

That happened in February. Way behind with their news.

Susan Foreman 23rd March 2015 05:33 PM

Radio Times | TV news and guide, TV and radio listings, film reviews guide - Doctor Who fans to be set a computer "challenge" in series nine

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th March 2015 05:30 PM

Looking at our new 'Cult Birthdays' feature at the bottom of the main page, apparently it's Patrick Troughton's birthday today. So, with that in mind, what are everyone's fave Troughton stories?

For me, The Web of Fear would be in the running for one of his best, and is actually the first Who book I ever read when I borrowed it from the library when I was about 8 years old.

Mojo 25th March 2015 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 441427)
Looking at our new 'Cult Birthdays' feature at the bottom of the main page, apparently it's Patrick Troughton's birthday today. So, with that in mind, what are everyone's fave Troughton stories?

For me, The Web of Fear would be in the running for one of his best, and is actually the first Who book I ever read when I borrowed it from the library when I was about 8 years old.

Pat Troughton is one of my favourite Doctors. I'm really hoping some more of his stories are found....

As for my favourite, it would have to be The Invasion. Not only is it my fave Troughton, I also think it's the best ever Cybermen story, too.