Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th August 2015 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 458756)
Sadly BBC only gave them 4 of the KTT stories. I personally like TAF though, each to their own etc. I notice you haven't mentioned The Pirate Planet :lol:

The Pirate Planet! Hmm! I don't dislike it, it's just a bit OTT at times. I'm sure General Melchett wasl based on the Captain. I'm not the biggest Adams fan either.

trebor8273 6th August 2015 07:48 PM

Well continuing my Dr who marathon just finished the Aztecs and now watching the sensorites. Can't say I'm too keen on most of Hartnell story's definitely of product of there time and found a lot to be long winded and a little boring. Don't get me wrong we had some great stories like the darlek ones and the war machines amongst others. roll on troughton who is always a joy to watch.

gag 6th August 2015 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 458436)
Watching classic who from the beginning skipped the first few epsoises and started with the daleks

Ive been watching dr who from beggining since xmas. watch about 2 a day on series 14 now.

trebor8273 6th August 2015 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 458802)
Ive been watching dr who from beggining since xmas. watch about 2 a day on series 14 now.

Some cracking stories in season 14, the deadly assassin and the talons of weng Chiang are the stand out ones for me

Susan Foreman 7th August 2015 03:03 PM

Doctor Who casts first transgender actor Bethany Black - News - TV & Radio - The Independent

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th August 2015 04:30 PM

There are quite a few wild rumours going round regarding what's happening with Who next year.

Even though in their recent annual report the Beeb said they'd committed to series 10. Private Eye ran an article the other day saying there wouldn't be a full series next year, suggesting it would be a split series again or even just an Easter special.

Speculation is rife with Tennant and RTD being in Cardiff and on set. Not just visiting either. They've been there at least three days so far. That ain't a visit to a set is it?

I'm guessing it may be a return to Pompeii. Wild speculation is that it might actually be pre-production for a multi Doctor special for next Easter written by RTD.

Apparently Tennant has only just returned from several weeks in the US so you'd think he'd want to spend time with his family not go watch Who being filmed. And why would he go with former show runner Davies?

Something might be developing, Who knows. :)

iank 7th August 2015 09:32 PM

Listened to some more Big Finish audios. Marian Conspiracy was very good, a fun "pure" historical and a good introduction to a new companion. I had to lol at Colin being tempted to let her on board permanently at the prospect of her making him chocolate cakes! :pound:

Halfway through The Spectre of Lanyon Moor at the moment. Fun so far, if perhaps a little too familiar. Still, it's good to hear Nick Courtney as the Brig again and James Bolam is giving good villain - shame he's never been in the TV show!

Mostly enjoying BF so far. Still have some issues with the audio format, and one or two have been less than inspiring, but it's generally better written than New Who! :dirtyharry:

Demoncrat 10th August 2015 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 458773)
The Pirate Planet! Hmm! I don't dislike it, it's just a bit OTT at times. I'm sure General Melchett wasl based on the Captain. I'm not the biggest Adams fan either.

"By the left frontal lobe of the Skyyy Demooon!!!"
They are my favourite couple on Who (screw Tennant and the Piper, this is real love......:lol:)

nosferatu42 12th August 2015 08:57 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_x2B0lsAMU

New trailer.:cool: :dance:

A shit load of Daleks, one of which looks like Dalek Sec. (black one)
Also the creature still looks very Sea Devil like to me.:drool:

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th August 2015 11:51 PM

A shit load of Daleks is what i want. :bananapair: