Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

nosferatu42 14th June 2016 08:29 PM

He might be O.K.
Just remember the other comedian appearances, like Alexei Sayle,Hale and Pace and Ken Dodd.
... Oh sweet jesus. :rolleyes: ;)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 494105)
He might be O.K.
Just remember the other comedian appearances, like Alexei Sayle,Hale and Pace and Ken Dodd.
... Oh sweet jesus. :rolleyes: ;)

I'm not saying Lucas is a bad thing, just i wonder how it comes about. Wonder if River will reappear?

I'd quite like Matt Lucas as a TARDIS traveller. I might be on my own here but i loved the two James Corden episodes.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 494108)
I might be on my own here but i loved the two James Corden episodes.

Eww.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 494109)
Eww.

You never saw them.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 15th June 2016 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 494119)
You never saw them.

It was more James Corden my comment was aimed at rather than the episodes themselves. I can't stand him.

Susan Foreman 15th June 2016 07:29 AM

More season 10 writers and guest stars have been announced:

Writers include Frank Cottrell-Boyce, (who penned series eight's 'In The Forest Of The Night'), Sarah Dollard (who wrote series nine's 'Fear The Raven') and Mike Bartlett (who is new to 'Doctor Who', but recently wrote for the BBC show 'Doctor Foster').

Michelle Gomez will be appearing in at least one story as Missy, and Stephanie Hyam (who appeared in the 'Sherlock' story 'The Abominable Bride') will also been appearing in a guest role

Susan Foreman 18th June 2016 04:11 PM

Tom Baker's final interview in Doctor Who Magazine | Articles | Doctor Who

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th June 2016 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 494542)

It isn't though.

It's just a taster. The real interview is in issue 501, which is dedicated to Tom.

Susan Foreman 23rd June 2016 01:53 PM

What did the stars of Doctor Who do before they were famous?

iank 26th June 2016 09:50 PM

Saw The Robots of Death again last night. Been nearly five years since I've seen it and had almost forgotten how great it is (and how full-on!). The Doctor and Leela arrive on a sandminer looking for ore on a desert world, staffed by a skeleton crew of humans and lots and lots of robots. When the first murder happens, the Doctor and Leela are immediately prime suspects - but someone on board has begun reprogramming the servile robots to become deadly killers... Robots is an absolute classic from start to finish, with the regulars and guest cast (particularly Pamela Salem and the great Russell Hunter) delivering terrific performances. Robots starts off as a whodunnit before ramping up into a full-on battle for survival against the killer robots and their master, "a happy little maniac" (as the Doctor calls him) who was raised by robots and considers them superior to humans. It's all the little details in the scripts that build the characters and the world they live in that really help turn Robots into something special, along with the production, which is first class throughout. Classic stuff. :nod: