Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 542106)
If humans can travel through time and space in a laboratory disguised as a police box, then a woman can be a Time Lord.

Yeah, clearly not a fan.

There are female Time Lords. Romana was a Time Lord.

It's the change of gender thats the issue. Throughout the classic series there was never any mention that a Time Lord could switch gender. Neither was there any hint of it during Russel T Davies time at the helm with Eccleston and Tennant. It's only Steven Moffat with his crazy ideas such as making the Master a woman that it has sprung from.

trebor8273 16th July 2017 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 542105)
This is what all round Who wanker Ian Levine has said.

I love Jodie Whitaker already! :love: :glitter:

Is this him?

If it is he looks like a rapist/ serial killer!
if asked me too imagine a bigot, that would I would of imagined

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2017 07:00 PM

That's him. :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th July 2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 542110)
Yeah, clearly not a fan.

There are female Time Lords. Romana was a Time Lord.

It's the change of gender thats the issue. Throughout the classic series there was never any mention that a Time Lord could switch gender. Neither was there any hint of it during Russel T Davies time at the helm with Eccleston and Tennant. It's only Steven Moffat with his crazy ideas such as making the Master a woman that it has sprung from.

As I said, have never seen an episode of the show. All my knowledge is picked up from from the films, which I understand are unrelated to the TV series, other films and TV shows and things people have said to me or in conversation around me.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 16th July 2017 07:50 PM

I've never heard of her, but am prepared to give her a chance. She can't be worse than Missy... :yuck:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2017 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 542121)
I've never heard of her, but am prepared to give her a chance.

Thats because she's yet to work in Polish avant-garde bondage cinema with director Walerian Sukyaov. :D

Susan Foreman 16th July 2017 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 542121)
I've never heard of her, but am prepared to give her a chance

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 542125)
Thats because she's yet to work in Polish avant-garde bondage cinema with director Walerian Sukyaov. :D

But she has worn a school uniform

http://www.signatureliving.co.uk/wp-...t_trinians.jpg

**Disclaimer - Obviously, this is from St. Trinians which Jodie Whitaker appeared in. I'm not actually sure if she is in this picture or not, but hey - schoolgirls!

Rik 16th July 2017 08:47 PM

The Doctor Who Thread

I think it's disgraceful they've cast a woman, it's Doctor Who not Doctor Womb!

iank 16th July 2017 09:29 PM

I'm struggling to see this as anything other than an utter joke and the end of the program. So it turns out that Chinballs' idea of "bold and radical" was to cut the lead character's balls off... while the rest of the show will no doubt remain the same tired New Who cookie-cutter crap.

I'm trying to see the positive in this, I really am. And maybe if this was classic Who and we were in the hands of some creative genius, I might be able to. But this is New Who and its the man who wrote Cyberwoman.
Stick a fork in it, I think it might be done. :rolleyes::wise:

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th July 2017 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 542128)
But she has worn a school uniform

No she hasn't. Receptionists didn't wear a school uniform as far as i'm aware. At least not in my school they didn't. ;)