Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th June 2012 03:20 PM

Thats good about the return of U.N.I.T. As Arrowfan said there are a lot of elements from the programmes history returning in some way or another for the series leading up to the fiftieth anniversary.

Of the stories i know anything about the wild west one looks the worst, or should i say the most throwaway.

Mojo 14th June 2012 06:04 PM

I really liked the UNIT era too. I'd also like to see a few more Earth invasion stories. It would be pretty cool to have a load of Ice Warriors stomping down the high street :happy:

RedEyeTheCylon 15th June 2012 01:44 AM

Was just reading what were supposed to be brief plot summaries for the first few episodes of Series 7. Most of it sounded like a load of tosh but the ones for episodes 1 & 6 stood out.

Episode 1 - Asylum of the Daleks: Supposed to be set on Skaro in an asylum which houses every Dalek who have encountered the Doctor and sent mad by being defeated by him.

This one actually seems quite believable, it would explain how they're going to include every Dalek design.

Episode 6
: Written by Mark Gattis, this one features the return of the Ice Warriors who are trying to manipulate the Cuban Missile Crisis to cause a nuclear winter on Earth.

This one definately sounds far fetched but if it did turn out to be true then it could quite possibly be one of the greatest episodes of the revived series. Plus we've seen Gattis incorporate alien menaces into historical events before like the Daleks in WW2.

Mojo 15th June 2012 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedEyeTheCylon (Post 250412)
Was just reading what were supposed to be brief plot summaries for the first few episodes of Series 7. Most of it sounded like a load of tosh but the ones for episodes 1 & 6 stood out.

Episode 1 - Asylum of the Daleks: Supposed to be set on Skaro in an asylum which houses every Dalek who have encountered the Doctor and sent mad by being defeated by him.

This one actually seems quite believable, it would explain how they're going to include every Dalek design.

Episode 6
: Written by Mark Gattis, this one features the return of the Ice Warriors who are trying to manipulate the Cuban Missile Crisis to cause a nuclear winter on Earth.

This one definately sounds far fetched but if it did turn out to be true then it could quite possibly be one of the greatest episodes of the revived series. Plus we've seen Gattis incorporate alien menaces into historical events before like the Daleks in WW2.

I like the sound of these. The 'insane Daleks' sounds excellent, while the Cuban Missile / Nuclear Winter Ice Warriors story sounds like it would make a wonderful two - parter. Unfortunately Steven Moffat has said there will be no two parters at all this series, although he could be just talking bollocks.

Hawkmonger 15th June 2012 10:07 AM

First rule of NuWho. The Moffet Lies.

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th June 2012 02:17 PM

The Ice Warriors storyline sounds like classic Pertwee, on the lines of the Sea Devils or Mind of Evil.

:pray::pray::pray:

Criterion7 15th June 2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 250496)
The Ice Warriors storyline sounds like classic Pertwee, on the lines of the Sea Devils or Mind of Evil.

:pray::pray::pray:

I'm with you on that one. I've been pretty vocal over my love for that era and think this story, done right, could be amazing.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2012 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Ambassadors of Death is on its way, the dvd cover has just been finalised and an announcement is due in the next week or so.

Here's a sample of the restoration.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2012 02:23 PM

The Doctor Who News website also reports that a commentary has been recorded for the incomplete story The Moonbase.

Both surviving episodes are currently available on the Lost in Time collection, but this suggests a reconstruction with animated episodes.

Doctor Who News

Mojo 16th June 2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 250813)
The Ambassadors of Death is on its way, the dvd cover has just been finalised and an announcement is due in the next week or so.

Here's a sample of the restoration.

I'm really looking forward to The Ambassadors Of Death ( has there ever been a better Who story title? ) as this will complete the wonderful series 7. The restoration photo looks excellent.

Also love the unique 'pistol shot' opening titles to each episode.