Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 589894)
It needs a pterodactyl going 'KKLAK'!

I was actually looking for a decent pic of the pterodactyl but couldn't find one then noticed the Deep Breath beast so went with that instead.

There's a promo pic of the pterodactyl attacking Pertwee but the ones i saw were really poor quality.

Demdike@Cult Labs 5th October 2018 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 589873)
Hmmm!

According to a 'hints and teasers' thing I have for 'The Woman Who Fell To Earth', "...At least one of Chibnall’s claims about Series 11 appears to not be entirely true."

No idea what it means, or what it is referring to

Daleks? :pray:

Susan Foreman 6th October 2018 05:36 AM

Original retailer information about the release of the first Dalek story in VHS

Susan Foreman 6th October 2018 06:27 AM

October 6th: Today in WHO-story

Births
1933 - Stanley Myers (music composer on The Reign of Terror)

1979 - Lex Shrapnel (Big Finish Productions actor - Robin Sharpall in Shadow of the Past and Toby in the Jago & Litefoot story The Spirit Trap; son of fellow Big Finish actor John Shrapnel)

Deaths
1994 - John Rees (Hardy in Frontier in Space) aged 67

1997 - Adrienne Hill (Katarina [First Doctor companion]) aged 60

Episodes
1979 - City of Death, Part Two: 14.1 million viewers
2008 - The Sarah Jane Adventures double-bill: The Last Sontaran, Part Two, and The Day of the Clown (CBBC): 0.6 million viewers, 0.5 million viewers

Introductions
2008 - First appearance of Anjli Mohindra, Mina Anwar and Ace Bhatti as Rani Chandra and her parents Gita and Haresh Chandra; Bradley Walsh's debut in a Doctor Who-related production (The Sarah Jane Adventures: The Day of the Clown)

Departures
2008 - Final regular appearances as Yasmin Paige, Joseph Millson and Juliet Cowan as Maria Jackson and her parents Alan & Chrissie Jackson (The Sarah Jane Adventures: The Day of the Clown)

Releases
1994 - The Age of Chaos (Marvel)
1997 - War of the Daleks and Illegal Alien (BBC Books - novels); The Book of Lists and A Book of Monsters (BBC Books - non-fiction)

2003 - Emotional Chemistry (BBC Books); The Curse of Fenric (DVD - region 2)
2008 - The Betrothal of Sontar (Panini Comics UK)
2010 - The Runaway Train (BBC Audio)
2011 - Serpent Crest, Part Two ('The Broken Crown') (AudioGO); issue 238 of Doctor Who Adventures (BBC Magazines); 100 Scariest Monsters and When's the Doctor? (BBC Books)

2016 - The Twelve Doctors of Christmas (BBC Books); The American Adventures (Penguin Books); Time Lord Fairy Tales: Slipcase Edition (Penguin Character Books); A History of Humankind (BBC Children's Books)

Behind-the-Scenes
2009 - The Eleventh Doctor-era Doctor Who logo was revealed; recording of the Big Finish audio The Suffering took place

2011 - Recording of the Big Finish audio The Justice of Jalxar took place

2013 - Matt Smith recorded his final scenes as the Eleventh Doctor for that year's Christmas special The Time of the Doctor
2015 - Recording of Big Finish's Gallifrey story Enemy Lines took place

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th October 2018 11:05 PM

Pic of the Day # 621

1 Attachment(s)
Michael Jayston as The Valeyard as seen in the 12 part story The Trial of a Timelord (1985)

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th October 2018 11:11 PM

Pic of the Day # 622

1 Attachment(s)
The Cyber-Doctor as seen in Nightmare in Silver (2013)

Susan Foreman 7th October 2018 05:58 AM

October 7th: Today in WHO-story

Births
1904 - Betty Bowden (Meg Seeley in Spearhead from Space)

1920 - Will Stampe (First Man in The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve)
1929 - Tony Beckley (Harrison Chase in The Seeds of Doom)

1973 - Rad Kaim (Trepper in The Sontaran Stratagem)

Deaths
1983 - Roy Pearce (Guard in The Mutants and an extra in The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve, The Tenth Planet, The Faceless Ones, Fury from the Deep, The Invasion, The War Games, Doctor Who and the Silurians, The Dæmons, The Sea Devils, Invasion of the Dinosaurs, Death to the Daleks, Planet of the Spiders, Robot, The Android Invasion, The Masque of Mandragora and Image of the Fendahl) aged 49

2008 - Peter Copley (Doctor Warlock in Pyramids of Mars) aged 93

2011 - George Baker (Login in Full Circle) aged 80

Episodes
1967 - The Abominable Snowmen, Episode Two: 6.0 million viewers
1978 - The Pirate Planet, Part Two: 7.4 million viewers

Releases
1989 - Once in a Lifetime (Marvel's The Incredible Hulk Presents)

1991 - The Sontaran Experiment, Genesis of the Daleks and The Deadly Assassin (VHS)
1996 - The Green Death (VHS)
2003 - The Dalek Invasion of Earth and The Talons of Weng-Chiang (DVD - region 1)
2005 - Endgame (Panini Comics UK)
2010 - Demon Quest, Part Two ('The Demon of Paris') (AudioGO); issue 187 of Doctor Who Adventures (BBC Magazines)

2016 - Toby Hadoke's Who's Round 188 (Big Finish Productions)

Behind-the-Scenes
1994 - Robert deLaurentis submitted the first draft of his proposed storyline for the TV Movie
2001 - Recording of Big Finish's Bernice Summerfield story The Greatest Shop in the Galaxy took place

2007 - Recording of the BBC Children in Need special Time Crash took place
2011 - Recording of the Big Finish audio The Justice of Jalxar took place
2013 - Recording of the Big Finish audio Starborn took place

2016 - Recording of the Big Finish box set The First Doctor: Volume Two took place

Demdike@Cult Labs 7th October 2018 07:05 PM

Can't lie. I thought that was pretty good.

One or two glaring things aside (How did she power a sonic screwdriver and the fact the role of the Doctor was seemingly written for Matt Smith) - Yeah, not bad. Chibs killed a character off i thought would be a semi regular which worked well - something Moff never did.

Quite a decent alien creature with a nice sideline in displaying trophies.

I need to see her with a TARDIS and if being called Doctor suits her though.

trebor8273 7th October 2018 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 590039)
Can't lie. I thought that was pretty good.

One or two glaring things aside (How did she power a sonic screwdriver and the fact the role of the Doctor was seemingly written for Matt Smith) - Yeah, not bad. Chibs killed a character off i thought would be a semi regular which worked well - something Moff never did.

Quite a decent alien creature with a nice sideline in displaying trophies.

I need to see her with a TARDIS and if being called Doctor suits her though.

I'm still watching it on iPlayer but I'm enjoying it and I liked her, but a little early to judge what her doctor is going to be like by one episode.

nosferatu42 7th October 2018 07:17 PM

I really enjoyed it and thought Jodie did a really decent job, quite dark in places , well shot and liking what i heard of the theme music, quite retro in style.:cool: