Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Doctor Who Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/2137-doctor-who-thread.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 29th March 2010 05:03 PM

I'd agree about the updated effects on the dvds.It's nice comparing them to the old ones and they aren't in your face and screaming to be noticed....unlike a certain Mr Lucas and his abominations. :D

Black Gloves 29th March 2010 06:07 PM

I'm actually really looking forward to the new series after that clip on Jonathan Ross. Those vampire women sort of reminded me of some of the vampires you see in Jean Rollin's films, with those over-sized fangs.

I've just been watching "The Time Monster" from the Pertwee years for a review I'm writing. Not a critically highly regarded story but I thought it was thoroughly entertaining: great interaction between Pertwee and Delgado, plus Ingrid Pitt and a teenage Susan Penhaligon turn up in Atlantis!

vincenzo 29th March 2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Gloves (Post 70349)
great interaction between Pertwee and Delgado, plus Ingrid Pitt and a teenage Susan Penhaligon turn up in Atlantis!

Plus an unrecognizable David Prowse as a load of bull. :laugh:

LineSix 29th March 2010 10:11 PM

The new TARDIS interior is awesome. Far superior to the old one, it now actually looks like the TARDIS rather than the crappy underwater coral, dark and dingy thing they used to have.

Black Gloves 30th March 2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LineSix (Post 70395)
The new TARDIS interior is awesome. Far superior to the old one, it now actually looks like the TARDIS rather than the crappy underwater coral, dark and dingy thing they used to have.

Yeah, I don't know what they were thinking, with that coral design. Trying too hard to be radical I suppose. The new interior looks much better.

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 3rd April 2010 06:32 PM

Just saw the new Doctor Who episode and thought it was excellent. Wasn't too sure about the new Doc at first (christmas) but he did a cracking job in this episode!

Anybody else manage to see it?

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd April 2010 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 71504)

I'm going to reserve judgement until I see a few more episodes.All I'll say is it wasn't the disaster I thought (or hoped) it would be.

Stephen@Cult Labs 3rd April 2010 06:38 PM

And Karen Gillan is pretty tasty. :tongue1:

gag 3rd April 2010 06:42 PM

Want impressed but give it time

Debzz 3rd April 2010 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds (Post 71504)
Just saw the new Doctor Who episode and thought it was excellent. Wasn't too sure about the new Doc at first (christmas) but he did a cracking job in this episode!

yeh, i saw it too it was fun, already prefer the new doctor to david tennent. and i quite like the new companion :D, but i'll watch a few more episodes to have a proper opinion.
wasnt to keen on the new theme though