Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Star Wars Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/3428-star-wars-thread.html)

hivemind 24th June 2020 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 629114)
Especially when you have these masterpieces......

Just looking at my James Bond Warner rental tapes. How many times have we seen the original Bond artwork ignored for those damn awful cut and paste jobs by MGM/Warner and MGM/Fox on DVD and Blu Ray back in the 00's. The steelbook market needed those original Bond poster artwork applied to a limited edition set, and same has to be said for the first six Star Wars films. Totally forgetting the Disney monstrosities that followed on from Return of the Jedi. I certainly won't be buying this set if Enzo Sciotti's brilliant artwork isn't placed on that Empire Strikes Back.:nono: **** Disney.

Demdike@Cult Labs 24th June 2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hivemind (Post 629124)
Just looking at my James Bond Warner rental tapes. How many times have we seen the original Bond artwork ignored for those damn awful cut and paste jobs by MGM/Warner and MGM/Fox on DVD and Blu Ray back in the 00's. The steelbook market needed those original Bond poster artwork applied to a limited edition set, and same has to be said for the first six Star Wars films. Totally forgetting the Disney monstrosities that followed on from Return of the Jedi. I certainly won't be buying this set if Enzo Sciotti's brilliant artwork isn't placed on that Empire Strikes Back.:nono: **** Disney.

Are these releases the original theatrical releases or the Lucas farting rodent versions?

I wouldn't buy anything again that wasn't the theatrical versions.

hivemind 24th June 2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 629127)
Are these releases the original theatrical releases or the Lucas farting rodent versions?

I wouldn't buy anything again that wasn't the theatrical versions.

I don't think these are the theatrical versions. Disney prefers the newer versions that have been tampered around with. I don't honestly believe Disney will ever release the theatrical versions. Though I do have those Laserdisc versions put out on DVD quite sometime ago. I think that's going to be the best option for those people after the unaltered versions. Or VHS rental and retail. :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 24th June 2020 08:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
For shitty steelbook artwork I've discovered this guy......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/total-sci...p2047675.l2559

I've ordered the below to see what kind of quality they are.....I'll let you all know.;)

Rik 26th June 2020 04:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I’d post this here instead of in the members art thread :nod:

Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Tarkin, took me just over 2 hours this afternoon :)

Attachment 225668

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 29th June 2020 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 629143)
For shitty steelbook artwork I've discovered this guy......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/total-sci...p2047675.l2559

I've ordered the below to see what kind of quality they are.....I'll let you all know.;)

Top quality magnetic covers.At only 6 quid each they’re well worth it.
In fact just ordered a Terminator and Exorcist magnet as well.

Wishing now I hadn’t paid a scalper for Star Wars and ROTJ steelbooks.:rolleyes:

I’ll be holding on to my Empire steely with its new magnet unless Zavvi change the artwork.

Susan Foreman 30th June 2020 10:00 AM

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th August 2020 07:25 PM

7 Attachment(s)
If like me,anyone else sold their 'Golden Turkey of the Year' STAR WARS 'Death Star' boxset (I've seen more attractive eggboxes) then Amazon have a two for £15 offer on these seperate releases......

No original artwork (I was scalped for Star Wars and Return of The Jedi steelbooks due to Zavvi's ONLY 500 PER CUSTOMER POLICY :lol:

So until they are released Universally with the original artwork,these'll need to do....The crafty bastards have left out The Empire Strikes Back....:rolleyes:
Offer ends Sept 1st 2020
www.amazon.co.uk/gp/promotion/AX2U2LZ68UCF

Susan Foreman 27th August 2020 01:52 PM

Stormtrooper beer

"Taste The Galaxy!

ABV: 4.8% | Units: 2.4

A classic American style pale ale - pale, crisp, hoppy and very aromatic. Initially soft on the palate, ‘GPA’ builds to a generous but clean bitterness with flavours and aromas of mango, citrus, earthy pine and blueberry.

Appearance: Pale straw

Aroma: Fresh citrus with a hint of pine

Hops: Magnum, Citra BBC and Simcoe

Food matching: Wide range of food…Meat pies, English cheese, great with a burger

Brewed and bottled by: Vocation Brewery Ltd.

500 ml of 4.8% ABV Galactic Pale Ale 2.0
Contains allergens - Malted barley and wheat
Store upright, keep cold, drink fresh"

Demdike@Cult Labs 27th August 2020 02:01 PM

Stormtrooper has been on sale for getting on for a year. It's not new.