Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Star Wars Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/3428-star-wars-thread.html)

Justin101 19th December 2020 07:54 AM

I'm not crying I just have dust in my eye!

Fantastic episode... Little bit annoyed because I waited all day to watch being busy and then Den of Geek spoiled 'the surprise' with a headline that appeared in my suggested news items on my phone...

Did you all watch the post credits?

trebor8273 19th December 2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 642427)
I'm not crying I just have dust in my eye!

Fantastic episode... Little bit annoyed because I waited all day to watch being busy and then Den of Geek spoiled 'the surprise' with a headline that appeared in my suggested news items on my phone...

Did you all watch the post credits?

Yes I did, I also had dust in my eyes.

Justin101 19th December 2020 09:10 AM

Just saw this on Den of Geek (wanted to double check if the article was there, and yes, but they have since edited the headline) and the site editor has made an apology... This bit quoted explains what happened.

Quote:

While covering spoilers is unavoidable when we see readers are searching for answers, we usually try and hide things as best we can, without putting them on social media or the front page. My rationale is usually that you have to be searching for a particular spoiler in order to find it. However in this case, I forgot one crucial component: Google’s Discover function means you don’t even have to be searching for something in order for it to be shown in your feed. Which makes this far worse than if we had been shouting about this on social media or given it the largest position on the homepage.

Justin101 19th December 2020 09:20 AM

All that being said, I still loved the episode and it didn't 'ruin' it for me like some of the comments on Den of Geek are saying, they're really going off over there. They (DoG) should have known better posting such an article on the day the episode came out and they have learned the lesson in the worst possible way.

I'm right in thinking it's been renewed for season 3? I wonder what's going to happen next...

Rik 19th December 2020 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 642437)
All that being said, I still loved the episode and it didn't 'ruin' it for me like some of the comments on Den of Geek are saying, they're really going off over there. They (DoG) should have known better posting such an article on the day the episode came out and they have learned the lesson in the worst possible way.

I'm right in thinking it's been renewed for season 3? I wonder what's going to happen next...

Yeah, season 3 is due next Christmas apparently, so a little later than normal which is expected considering the current climate

Dave Boy 20th December 2020 07:05 PM

Watched the last episode. That was fracking awesome!
Went in with no spoilers. WOW!

I agree that The Mandalorian Season 1 should now have a DVD/Blu ray release.
I understand that they want it Disney + etc etc.. but it's been a year now.
Also The Clone Wars Season 7 has been about out about a year.

trebor8273 20th December 2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 642516)
Watched the last episode. That was fracking awesome!
Went in with no spoilers. WOW!

I agree that The Mandalorian Season 1 should now have a DVD/Blu ray release.
I understand that they want it Disney + etc etc.. but it's been a year now.
Also The Clone Wars Season 7 has been about out about a year.

Yes I want a 4K set with loads of extras and a life size baby Yoda, you can never have enough of baby Yoda.

trebor8273 21st December 2020 07:12 PM

Watched the last episode again, probably would never get bored with it, especially the last five minutes, the greatest five minutes in star wars .

Stephen@Cult Labs 21st December 2020 07:46 PM

Already deepfake videos on youtube of the end of the final episdode. I'm still shocked that studios don't use this technology. It looks a hundred times better than the cgi they used (and this is just what people have done since Friday!).

trebor8273 21st December 2020 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 642634)
Already deepfake videos on youtube of the end of the final episdode. I'm still shocked that studios don't use this technology. It looks a hundred times better than the cgi they used (and this is just what people have done since Friday!).

That was the only downside, a much better job was done in the marvel movies with Downey and Douglas get that team too to it or one of these deep take teams.