Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Star Wars Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/3428-star-wars-thread.html)

Susan Foreman 9th April 2018 06:32 PM

Star Wars: The Last Jedi 4K Blu-ray Review | The Digital Fix

Film 9 out of 10
Video 10 out of 10
Audio 10 out of 10
Extras 9 out of 10

Justin101 9th April 2018 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 571706)
If you can't beat em'!

Did you buy £40 of whiskey to get it for £7 :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th April 2018 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 571714)
Did you buy £40 of whiskey to get it for £7 :lol:

No booze whatsoever.

My inner Withnail is going bananas at me.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th April 2018 08:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Why the **** does Japan get the decent artwork,whilst we get ****ed over?:bite:

That UK cover looks like an ad for a ****ing soap opera!

SymbioticFunction 10th April 2018 12:49 PM

Second time around, I enjoyed the film far less.

I could actually understand why many folks hated it. There were some epic moments but it just often seemed quite a bit naff at the other times. I have to say that Adam Driver and Mark Hamill are the two best things about it. Especially Driver whose performance is excellent.

I recently rewatched both Force Awakens and Rogue One and I think that those 2 films were of a much higher quality. Last Jedi seems a bit lazy and far too complacent. I'm glad that there was an audience backlash as it sends a clear message to Disney that they need to work harder on such things.

I'll be interested to see Solo to see if Lucasfilm can turn the situation around. I'll also be interested to see if the proposed SW trilogy by Rian Johnson really does go ahead (that was announced before Last Jedi had been released).

Current rankings of the ten films to date:

1 - The Empire Strikes Back
2 - A New Hope
3 - Return of the Jedi
4 - Revenge of the Sith
5 - Rogue One
6 - The Phantom Menace
7 - The Force Awakens
8 - The Last Jedi
9 - Attack of the Clones
10 - The Clone Wars

SymbioticFunction 10th April 2018 01:50 PM

Apologies for the double post but here is a brand new Solo trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPEYpryMp2s

Demdike@Cult Labs 10th April 2018 02:05 PM

Take the names Han Solo, Chewbacca and Lando Calrissian out of that trailer and it's just another bog standard CGI action fest. However the three mentioned may well have a bit of spark about them perhaps in the dialogue scenes.

It didn't move me one iota. Perhaps if they'd used original saga Stormtroopers it might have felt real. I mean. Did the Empire change their uniforms every year. It's not the England football team, although Disney treat it like it is.

hivemind 10th April 2018 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 571794)
Second time around, I enjoyed the film far less.

I could actually understand why many folks hated it. There were some epic moments but it just often seemed quite a bit naff at the other times. I have to say that Adam Driver and Mark Hamill are the two best things about it. Especially Driver whose performance is excellent.

I recently rewatched both Force Awakens and Rogue One and I think that those 2 films were of a much higher quality. Last Jedi seems a bit lazy and far too complacent. I'm glad that there was an audience backlash as it sends a clear message to Disney that they need to work harder on such things.

I'll be interested to see Solo to see if Lucasfilm can turn the situation around. I'll also be interested to see if the proposed SW trilogy by Rian Johnson really does go ahead (that was announced before Last Jedi had been released).

Current rankings of the ten films to date:

1 - The Empire Strikes Back
2 - A New Hope
3 - Return of the Jedi
4 - Revenge of the Sith
5 - Rogue One
6 - The Phantom Menace
7 - The Force Awakens
8 - The Last Jedi
9 - Attack of the Clones
10 - The Clone Wars

What's this....

A dissenting voice?. So the honeymoon period is officially over then?

I would dump both The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi right out of you're Top Ten Symbiotic. They don't even deserve to be in positions 8 an 7. Disgusting, shocking and damn right disrespecting the Star Wars legacy. What is this world coming too.

Next will have Chewbacca coming out as bi-sexual.

SymbioticFunction 10th April 2018 02:18 PM

I'd probably go a lot easier on Attack of the Clones were it not for the fact that there is absolutely zero chemistry during the important romance scenes between Anakin and Padme. It's really difficult to imagine that the two genuinely fall in love, Anakin just comes across as creepy and annoying imo.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th April 2018 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 571808)
Take the names Han Solo, Chewbacca and Lando Calrissian out of that trailer and it's just another bog standard CGI action fest. However the three mentioned may well have a bit of spark about them perhaps in the dialogue scenes.

It didn't move me one iota. Perhaps if they'd used original saga Stormtroopers it might have felt real. I mean. Did the Empire change their uniforms every year. It's not the England football team, although Disney treat it like it is.

I've really enjoyed the recent Star Wars films, but my reaction to the Solo trailer at the cinema was a was resounding "meh".