Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Shameless Collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   How do you watch your Giallo movies? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-collection/10472-how-do-you-watch-your-giallo-movies.html)

floyd75dylan 5th February 2013 09:58 AM

How do you watch your Giallo movies?

I've been collecting giallo since the early 00s, so over the years I have amassed a healthy collection of giallos.

So after watching them as soon as I got them, I decided one year to watch them in year order. So I start from Bava‘s I Vampiri, which is a German hardbox import, and then from that in year order, before moving on to the 70s.

It's really interesting seeing how the genre progressed, and where particular phases started, thanks to a particular film whether it‘s from Italy, or from Hollywood.

It can also be done with certain directors, such as Argento, where you can start with The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, right up to (if you want) Giallo.

I think it’s a good way to re-enjoy the films, and you might appreciate certain films that you didn’t care for the first time round.

Prince_Vajda 5th February 2013 10:39 AM

I pick a director, and watch his films chronologically.

Sent from my I9100 Galaxy S II via Tapatalk 2

Baseball Fury 5th February 2013 11:17 AM

On my telly

Prince_Vajda 5th February 2013 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 319195)
On my telly

On my telly whilst sitting in the loo...:lol:

Greetings!

Justin101 5th February 2013 12:45 PM

I was going to say With My Eyes :lol:

but seriously, no order, just what I'm in the mood for.

floyd75dylan 5th February 2013 01:20 PM

Well done Baseball Fury, You must be a devil with the ladies.

Delirium 5th February 2013 02:36 PM

I watch whatever takes me. I don't do things in order, as a rule, as films aren't necessarily released in the order of a director's filmography. I'm fully able to skip back and forth between a particular director's work or different directors and still develop my understanding and appreciation of film. Fair enough if you're revisiting their works which are already in your collection.

But then I no longer obsessively collect either, I got out of that game years ago. If something in a director's filmography doesn't interest me, I don't buy/keep it.

Beyond72 5th February 2013 03:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Usually with a bottle of J&B and some fine looking lady friends.

:nod:

Baseball Fury 5th February 2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by floyd75dylan (Post 319244)
Well done Baseball Fury, You must be a devil with the ladies.

Like you wouldn't believe. My nickname is Frank Zito.

bdc 5th February 2013 06:54 PM

With my black (or red depending on the mood) leather gloves on. ;)
Seriously,I just watch any giallo as soon as I can lay my hands on it,in no particular order.