All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree784Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th December 2020, 04:55 AM
Cult Master

That's a real shame

I thought that the Wyatt Family cult were the best WWE stable for some time

Here's Bray's tribute:

"You were my best friend. My brother, my partner, my Terry Gordy. We changed this whole game because we refused to do it any way but OUR way. We were always at our best when we were a team I think we both knew it. We fought like brothers because we were.

I’m so goddamn pissed. This isn’t how it was supposed to be, it was supposed to be us fat, bald and useless running Wyatt Family spots in high school gyms in our 70’s. Where do we go now? What do I do knowing I’ll never hear your condescending sarcasm as I am riding high.

I miss you so f**king much already. I would do anything just live through our worst moments again I can’t believe you’re gone. I’m so sorry brother. I’m so sorry. You will always be a part of me, whether I like it or not without you everything is different and I hope Amanda truly knows that I am here not just to say it but because I love them too.

I will make sure your son knows the incredible man you were. Not the legends people will tell but the real you that very few people got to see. I promise I’ll put him over clean in dark matches when he’s old enough just like I promised. 😉 I’m hurting so bad.

I wish I had a chance to say goodbye. But then again, it’s Saturday and you know what that means…. save me a seat next to you wherever you are, that’s where I belong. I’ll be there when it’s my time. Goodbye forever Brodie. I love you.

Windham"
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th January 2021, 05:01 PM
Cult Master

January 4th, 1999 - 22 years ago today, with one sentence, WCW commentator Tony Schiavone shot himself in the foot, and the WWF won the biggest victory in the entirety of the Monday Night Wars

During the live WCW show, Schiavone spoiled the result of the taped WWF Raw's main event ()which was being screened on a different channel at the same time) by saying that Mick Foley, who wrestled in WCW as Cactus Jack, would win the WWF World Title, sarcastically remarking 'That's gonna put some butts in the seats'

Almost immediately after Schiavone spoiled Foley's title win, 600,000 households switched from Nitro to Raw, to watch Foley win the title. This was enough to give the WWF the ratings win for the night, with a 5.7 final rating to Nitro's 5.0. WCW's ratings never saw more than a 5.0 going head-to-head with Raw again and Nitro's rating sank below 5.0 and by the end of the year was struggling to stay above 3.0

Old 4th January 2021, 05:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
January 4th, 1999 - 22 years ago today, with one sentence, WCW commentator Tony Schiavone shot himself in the foot, and the WWF won the biggest victory in the entirety of the Monday Night Wars

During the live WCW show, Schiavone spoiled the result of the taped WWF Raw's main event ()which was being screened on a different channel at the same time) by saying that Mick Foley, who wrestled in WCW as Cactus Jack, would win the WWF World Title, sarcastically remarking 'That's gonna put some butts in the seats'

Almost immediately after Schiavone spoiled Foley's title win, 600,000 households switched from Nitro to Raw, to watch Foley win the title. This was enough to give the WWF the ratings win for the night, with a 5.7 final rating to Nitro's 5.0. WCW's ratings never saw more than a 5.0 going head-to-head with Raw again and Nitro's rating sank below 5.0 and by the end of the year was struggling to stay above 3.0

The good Monday night wars, WCW were always giving out the results of WWF, think Eric Bischoff done it more than anyone else.
Old 4th January 2021, 05:24 PM
Cult Master

I was never a big fan of WCW. It seemed that whenever I tried to watch it, they were just trash talking and talking and talking!

Everything was nWo this and Hulk Hogan that, with Raven sitting in a corner of the ring, complaining about how the world has done him wrong!

I don't think I ever saw a single match they put on

For me, the WWF was always much better at the time
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Old 4th January 2021, 07:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I was never a big fan of WCW. It seemed that whenever I tried to watch it, they were just trash talking and talking and talking!

Everything was nWo this and Hulk Hogan that, with Raven sitting in a corner of the ring, complaining about how the world has done him wrong!

I used to watch both, anytime the NWO appeared the sound went down, they done one big hype when Warrior appeared till the dreaded Halloween Havoc match that was more comical than anything, but i'm more AEW fan the WWE fan now.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 4th January 2021, 07:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

I've been watching both from the start and the attitude era ,it's Nwo have been around for about a year and I'm sick of them ,it's the same old shit ever week . They had same great talent at this time, Jericho, eddie guerrero, benoit, rey mysterio among others. But the focus was always on Hogan and his cronies who basically killed of wcw with there egos and hidden agenda .
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 4th January 2021, 08:05 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I've been watching both from the start and the attitude era ,it's Nwo have been around for about a year and I'm sick of them ,it's the same old shit ever week . They had same great talent at this time, Jericho, eddie guerrero, benoit, rey mysterio among others. But the focus was always on Hogan and his cronies who basically killed of wcw with there egos and hidden agenda .
Hogan and his back stage politics, Vince Russo got a lot of heat yet Hogan was the one not willing to take a fall.
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 4th January 2021, 08:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Hogan and his back stage politics, Vince Russo got a lot of heat yet Hogan was the one not willing to take a fall.
Think the character of Hollywood Hogan he was actually playing hinself, staggering the amount of people he screwed over and how many wrestlers hated his guts and still do.

Can't deny what he did for the business but as a person he was horrible
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 4th January 2021, 08:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Think the character of Hollywood Hogan he was actually playing hinself, staggering the amount of people he screwed over and how many wrestlers hated his guts and still do.

Can't deny what he did for the business but as a person he was horrible
Can't deny he pulled the audience but he seemed to show his true colours and a lot of wrestlers opening up about him and his back stage antics
Old 17th January 2021, 03:47 PM
Cult Master

Don't miss the January Price Crash Sale at WWEDVD.co.uk

Get up to 50% off selected DVDs & Blu-rays, including 2019-2020 titles!

Includes Royal Rumble 2020, WrestleMania 35 & 36, SummerSlam 2019, SmackDown 20th Anniversary, Attitude Era: The Complete Collection and many more!

PLUS, buy 3 or more items and get a further 10% off when you use the discount coupon code 100FF123 at the checkout!

Like this? Share it using the links below!