Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Ash Vs. Evil Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/13192-ash-vs-evil-dead.html)

gag 1st November 2015 10:31 AM

Ash Vs. Evil Dead

Well it finally got premiered last night.

Last night premiere was 40 mins but each one will be 30 min

Reviews are already in and a second series got the green light before the first series premiered.

"El Jefe" · Ash Vs. Evil Dead · TV Review · The A.V. Club

Ash vs Evil Dead Pilot Review: Constant Surprises Surpass All Expectations | Comicbook.com

But on one review somewhere states they dont own the rights to the 3rd film so cant make refferences to it and have to slighter alter things if there is any refferences

Also another review has a small concern

Raimi co-wrote and directed the first episode, but he’s not returning for the rest of the season. Instead Craig DiGregorio (Reaper, Chuck) is serving as showrunner, with a traditional writers’ room and rotating roster of directors taking on subsequent episodes. The show will inevitably find its own voice and cadence, but the glee of Raimi’s hyper-adrenalized filmmaking was always the glue that held the disparate parts of Evil Dead together. The films served as a playground for his cinematic id, and when you pull that from the equation it’s not clear if the oddball mix of horror and comedy can stand on its own at all.

Whats youre thoughts and opinions?

Hammer time 1st November 2015 04:21 PM

loved the 1st ep, i was surprized at how much gore it had,shame some of the cgi is very cheap looking,the practical effects are good though.
They tell us that he escped the cabin but dont mention how (get around the rights issue)
Overall thumbs up

MuckyFunster 1st November 2015 04:59 PM

Has this been picked up by any UK Tv networks, or is this going to have to be an online thing for us Limeys

Rik 1st November 2015 05:40 PM

No news yet for the UK, I'm going to check it out later when the kids are in bed :nod:

Rik 1st November 2015 09:26 PM

Just finished watching it, absolutely loved it, some real laugh out loud moments in it and plenty of gore, also some nice nods to the original trilogy too :chainsawkill:

gag 2nd November 2015 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 466888)
No news yet for the UK, I'm going to check it out later when the kids are in bed :nod:

Ive tried googling when shown on british tv cant find anything but this and so far not good
Bad news though for international Dead-heads though, as the show's yet to land a broadcaster in the UK.

Hawkmonger 2nd November 2015 09:55 AM

You would have thought SOME one in the UK would have been all over it. Even sodding Channel 5!

Justin101 2nd November 2015 10:11 AM

Starz, the show producers have had no luck selling this overseas apparently and are urging fans in foreign territories to get the show in any way possible...

I've not had a look yet, been too busy this weekend, although I did have time to watch The Godfather :lol: but I might have a watch after The Walking Dead has been on later :)

:chainsawkill:

Rik 2nd November 2015 10:22 AM

Fans of The Evil Dead might not like it, but fans of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness will, I'm sure

trebor8273 2nd November 2015 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 466958)
Fans of The Evil Dead might not like it, but fans of Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness will, I'm sure

two used to be my favourite but as times went on I like the first more, don't get me wrong I enjoyed the pilot but for me some of the comedy was awful and felt forced, I would I liked a more serious tone to the series, but I will continue to watch

It does have Lucy lawless which is always a huge plus for me, so it's nice to see her and Campbell back together

keirarts 6th November 2015 05:22 PM

I loved it..

Demoncrat 11th November 2015 03:08 PM

A silly hoot. Bring on the the rest etc......:)

gag 16th November 2015 04:05 PM

Much prefered this weeks than last weeks

Last weeks was ok but a bit to much slapstick

Dave Boy 17th November 2015 07:57 PM

Just watched the first episode. Thought it was great. Good Deadite scenes and gore. I liked the use of music from the films and various film references along the way.

Lucy Lawless....HUZZAH !!!

Demoncrat 18th November 2015 10:29 AM

Loved Bait. Roll on 3rd!!

J Harker 30th November 2015 04:17 PM

For those of us that haven't had opportunity to watch yet starting tomorrow the first five episodes are available exclusively on Virgin Media if thats any use to anyone.

Susan Foreman 4th December 2015 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 468280)
Much prefered this weeks than last weeks

Last weeks was ok but a bit to much slapstick

Not seen any of them yet, but with all due respect...this is 'The Evil Dead' and Bruce Campbell we are talking about!!

gag 5th December 2015 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Susan Foreman (Post 469946)
Not seen any of them yet, but with all due respect...this is 'The Evil Dead' and Bruce Campbell we are talking about!!

Shaking my head you only been back 2min and again youre bullying me about my post :whip:
:tongue1:

But seriously you need to watch it its good and entertaining only down fall is each episode could have been doing with being 45min r so and not half hr. Time flies you feel like you only been watching it for 10min and its finishing.
It got a commisjon for a 2nd series before it even aired and they are struggling to find anyone interested to show it over here.

J Harker 9th December 2015 09:26 AM

Got up to speed on this yesterday, full up with bastard flu so watched 4 episodes back to back in bed. It definitely gets better as it goes on even if i still think the tone of the show errs a bit too much towards silly.

Rik 9th December 2015 09:34 AM

I watched the latest episode at work last night, definitely some proper laugh out loud moments in this show, I love it! :pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th December 2015 03:32 PM

Cinematic Shocks 14th December 2015 04:25 PM

Aside from some dodgy CGI here and there this is a fantastic show.

Nordicdusk 15th December 2015 08:10 AM

Finally caught episode two great show but it's way too short.

Dave Boy 28th February 2016 03:30 PM

Just watched episode #10. Is that the end of the season?
That was bloody good. Some real intense stuff going in that cabin that at times I forgot I was watching a tv show and not a serious film.

Awesome series. Roll on season 2

Susan Foreman 28th February 2016 03:36 PM

Still no sign of this show being released on DVD or Blu-Ray yet

Susan Foreman 8th May 2016 07:34 PM

Finally!

Amazon has a pre-order listing for season 1 of this, release date September 26th 2016

DVD only, by the looks of it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ash-Evil-De...ords=evil+dead

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th May 2016 07:56 PM

Ash V Evil Dead

I wouldn't be surprised if this is another thing that gets a blu-ray release in the rest of the world, and a dvd only release in the UK. [emoji46]

Andra Jai 8th May 2016 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 488981)
I wouldn't be surprised if this another thing that gets a blu-ray release in the rest of the world, and a dvd only release in the UK. [emoji46]

It is so annoying when that happens,

I just had to import the recent bbc series And then there were none on blu-ray from the states as the bbc here only released it on Dated Video Disc:tongue1:

Cant see anyway ash vs evil dead wouldn't get a US release on blu-ray so looks like another import coming up

keirarts 9th May 2016 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 488981)
I wouldn't be surprised if this is another thing that gets a blu-ray release in the rest of the world, and a dvd only release in the UK. [emoji46]

Apparently blu-ray sales in the UK are pretty bad (or so I'm told) and its expensive to put stuff out on blu-ray, far more so than DVD.

Frankenhooker 9th May 2016 07:29 AM

DVD sales still dwarf Bluray, although the numbers for DVD seem to be in steep decline while Bluray is managing to stay reasonably consistent. In 2015 DVD sales were around the 100m units mark, down 25m from the previous year. Bluray around 15m, it was 17m the year before.

Streaming seems to of hit both, personally I think 4K is dead in the water before it's really even started.

keirarts 9th May 2016 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 489009)
DVD sales still dwarf Bluray, although the numbers for DVD seem to be in steep decline while Bluray is managing to stay reasonably consistent. In 2015 DVD sales were around the 100m units mark, down 25m from the previous year. Bluray around 15m, it was 17m the year before.

Streaming seems to of hit both, personally I think 4K is dead in the water before it's really even started.

Yeah, I was discussing the issue with Simeon Halligan who runs Grimmfest and directed white settlers. He's trying to get a label off the ground but he's found its easier to get films out on Blu-ray in Germany and America than it is in the UK. They backed the underrated Some guy who kills people for instance and it took a bath on sales. This is why I always try to buy the UK releases where possible so long as they are similar quality. I don't give two shits about sleeve art, logos ect just the content (with one or two exceptions) as this is my personal preference I'm happy to support the UK side of things.

Frankenhooker 9th May 2016 07:43 AM

People can have their own opinion on how labels operate, but when you look at the numbers we're so lucky to have labels like Arrow, 88 Films and Shameless. It doesn't seem to be the easiest of businesses to break into and I respect, and appreciate, anyone giving it a go. It's why I have a modicum of respect for the loon that runs Code Red. People get into this for their love of film.

keirarts 9th May 2016 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 489011)
People can have their own opinion on how labels operate, but when you look at the numbers we're so lucky to have labels like Arrow, 88 Films and Shameless. It doesn't seem to be the easiest of businesses to break into and I respect, and appreciate, anyone giving it a go. It's why I have a modicum of respect for the loon that runs Code Red. People get into this for their love of film.

As much as I have digs at Bill Olsen I've never derided the quality of the actual product which I've always been happy with. In fact a lot of the anger stems from people actually wanting the releases and not being able to get them.

trebor8273 7th July 2016 11:54 AM

teaser for season 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsf6ZAnPpUE

Susan Foreman 7th July 2016 12:34 PM

"Groovy"

Nordicdusk 23rd August 2016 10:16 PM

Anyone know when the Blu Ray release is here i can only find DVD for sale on Amazon UK i know it's out on Blu Ray in the states.

Stephen@Cult Labs 23rd August 2016 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 502609)
Anyone know when the Blu Ray release is here i can only find DVD for sale on Amazon UK i know it's out on Blu Ray in the states.

At the moment, never. It seems to be a growing trend over here, blu-ray & dvd releases in the States and other countries, and dvd only in the UK.

Susan Foreman 14th September 2016 06:48 PM

I know we don't do politics here, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0TBQFCRXvc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5PtMj010Mg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN67zTCx09I

Dave Boy 15th September 2016 09:56 AM

Has anyone imported the US blu ray? Although the box says region code A,customer reports and blu ray.com are saying that it is region A/B. Can anyone confirm this ?
The UK DVD only version is getting some flack on Amazon now.

Dave Boy 14th October 2016 07:07 PM

Anyone else seen S2 EP2: THE MORGUE ??
Oh my.....
Total gross out. You have to see it to believe it. Awesome !

:chainsawkill: