Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1109Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th March 2022, 09:11 PM
Cult Master

Talking Pictures TV is showing the original series of 'The Saint', starting on Sunday at 6pm

Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Saint.jpg (22.4 KB, 11 views)

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd March 2022, 02:47 PM
Cult Master

April on The Horror Channel

2nd - 'The Butterfly Room' (UK TV premiere): Ann, a reclusive and butterfly-obsessed elderly lady (played by Barbara Steele), suffers from bipolar disorder. When she meets Alice, a mysterious but seemingly innocent young girl, she is lured into a twisted world and discovers that Alice has other strange friends

9th - 'Alive' (UK TV premiere:. A man and woman awake in an abandoned sanatorium to discover that a sadistic caretaker (played by Angus MacFadyen) holds the keys to their freedom and the horrific answers as to their real identity. Directed by Rob Grant (Harpoon).

16th - 'Mercy Black' (UK TV premiere): Fifteen years after a shocking incident, Marina Hess (Daniella Pineda) is coming home. Believing that a supernatural force was behind her dark crime, Marina works to discover the truth behind a dark phantom known as Mercy Black. What she discovers is a very real and very deadly horror that will stop at nothing to claim her and those she loves

23rd 'Open 24 Hours' (UK TV premiere): Mary (Vanessa Grasse) knew her boyfriend James was the Rain Ripper serial killer. But she felt powerless to act until he forced her to watch another victim being slaughtered before her eyes - and then she set him on fire. On parole from prison despite everyone thinking she was guilty by proxy, and on medication to control her paranoid hallucinations, Mary gets a graveyard shift job at the remote Deer gas station. Then the killings begin...

30th - 'The Humanity Bureau' (UK TV premiere): Set in the year 2030, global warming turns parts of the American Midwest into a desert. In its attempt to take hold of the economic recession, a government agency called The Humanity Bureau exiles members of society deemed unproductive and banishes them to a colony known as New Eden. A caseworker, Noah Kross (Nicolas Cage) investigates a case appealed by a single mother and her son. Knowing the unjust fate of the innocent boy, Kross sets off to save them. But in doing so goes up against the entire Bureau

Old 22nd March 2022, 03:55 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
April on The Horror Channel

2nd - 'The Butterfly Room' (UK TV premiere): Ann, a reclusive and butterfly-obsessed elderly lady (played by Barbara Steele), suffers from bipolar disorder. When she meets Alice, a mysterious but seemingly innocent young girl, she is lured into a twisted world and discovers that Alice has other strange friends
A quick warning to any who might fancy this due to the presence of a certain Barbara Steele. Although she's in it and not merely a cameo, the film itself is shite.
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 22nd March 2022, 04:07 PM
Cult Addict

I thought it was ok when i watched it, not amazing but watchable enough.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 22nd March 2022, 04:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
I thought it was ok when i watched it, not amazing but watchable enough.

I bet you were drunk and slept through it.
Old 22nd March 2022, 04:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
A quick warning to any who might fancy this due to the presence of a certain Barbara Steele. Although she's in it and not merely a cameo, the film itself is shite.
I thought it was just me that found the film shite, usual trailer hyped it up a bit too much
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 29th March 2022, 05:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...strip-26578673

Full Monty star Robert Carlyle to strip again with gang in new TV spin-off series.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 30th March 2022 at 08:31 AM.
Old 30th March 2022, 08:44 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...strip-26578673

Full Monty star Robert Carlyle to strip again with gang in new TV spin-off series.
I think this longform storytelling could really work well with those characters and the sociopolitical commentary Simon Beaufoy wants to have as the backdrop.

Quote:
The Full Monty is set to make a comeback after Disney+ announced it will turn the hit film into an eight-part TV series.

Featuring the original cast and going by the same name, the show will follow the group of friends as they navigate post-industrial Sheffield and experience the struggles of crumbling healthcare and employment systems.

Almost 25 years on from the release of the BAFTA award-winning film, Robert Carlyle will return as Gaz, Mark Addy as Dave, Lesley Sharp as Jean, Hugo Speer as Guy, Paul Barber as Horse, Steve Huison as Lomper, Wim Snape as Nathan and Tom Wilkinson as Gerald.

Over the course of eight episodes, the series will also explore the brighter and sillier side of life where community triumphs over adversity.

A whole host of new cast members, including children and grandchildren of the main characters, will also be introduced.

Writer and executive producer Simon Beaufoy said: "We're chuffed to bits to get all the Monty Men back together again - now with a chaotic entourage of children, grandchildren, pets and assorted hangers-on - to see what life in Sheffield is like 25 years on."
https://news.sky.com/story/the-full-...years-12576871
Old 4th April 2022, 04:14 PM
Cult Master

The first trailer for the Danny Boyle Sex Pistols thing

All together now..."oh dear"!

Old 7th April 2022, 11:54 AM
Cult Master

The new series of 'Inside No. 9' starts on BBC2 at 10:00pm on Wednesday 20th April

"Merrily, Merrily

Lawrence has arranged a reunion with his old university chums at a remote lake. A lot of water has passed under the bridge since then of course. As they strike out across the empty lake, the conversation takes them into choppier waters. Guest starring Diane Morgan and Mark Gatiss."

Like this? Share it using the links below!