Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

nekromantik 11th December 2010 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 116410)
Given that the series was only 6 episodes, I thought it had a natural end. They didn't have the green light for a series 2 when it was made so it would have been more frustrating having a cliff hanger and not the pay off had a second series not been approved.

I liked the way the writers played around with the perceptions of fans that follow the comic book. I was one of those wondering if they were going to kill off Andrea (who has an important role in the book).

TWD hasn't been the most exciting show this season. Dexter takes that away with a nail biting season 5 finale coming up.

I understand that they were going for a more charcter based less action season one but the finale imo could have ended better.

And +1 about Dexter, im loving every min of Season 5, last 2 seasons have been simply amazing!! Lets hope they keep up the momentum. It has been given a 6th Season but not 7th for some reason. Back on season 4 they green lit 2 seasons in advanced but this time only 1 so hope thats not a sign saying it will be the last. :eek:

But thats going off topic :lol:

DJBenz 18th December 2010 05:40 PM

If the character-driven pace of TWD was a bit slow for you, yo might enjoy this:

The Best Horror Media Reviews - Every Zombie Kill in The Walking Dead

wayfarer 21st October 2011 10:52 AM

Anyone excited about the premiere of Season 2 being shown on FXUK tonight? I am! Currently also reading The Walking Dead novel about the Rise of the Governor.

antmumford 21st October 2011 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 191778)
Anyone excited about the premiere of Season 2 being shown on FXUK tonight? I am! Currently also reading The Walking Dead novel about the Rise of the Governor.

I'm soooo excited, especially cos they're playing the first two episodes back to back. This has been long awaited and the day has finally come. Bring on some Zombie carnage :woot:

wayfarer 21st October 2011 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 191801)
I'm soooo excited, especially cos they're playing the first two episodes back to back. This has been long awaited and the day has finally come. Bring on some Zombie carnage :woot:

But are they? When I went to Sky+ it, it came out as just over an hour. Maybe they're taking out the ads?

antmumford 21st October 2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 191806)
But are they? When I went to Sky+ it, it came out as just over an hour. Maybe they're taking out the ads?

Just checked TV Guide, it's definitely both episodes. On from 9pm to 11.10pm

Baseball Fury 21st October 2011 12:14 PM

9pm until 10pm is episode 6 of season 1 I'm afraid! :(

antmumford 21st October 2011 12:29 PM

Sorry all, my bad. Didn't read the guide properly at all. Doh! :doh:

pedromonkey 21st October 2011 12:46 PM

episode 1 of season 2 is about 53 minutes long, that's minus ad breaks, it's also pretty freaking cool. i saw it on monday and loved it..

wayfarer 21st October 2011 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 191816)
Just checked TV Guide, it's definitely both episodes. On from 9pm to 11.10pm

Cheers my friend! Will see what's going on with Sky+ later. I ain't gonna miss it!!!:clap::clap::clap:

Lino 21st October 2011 02:26 PM

FXUK are showing the extended version of episode 1 (There are two, one running at around 43 minutes, and this extended version that runs around 62 minutes) but they're showing it without ad breaks, so that'll be a nice extra treat! :)

Phurious 21st October 2011 02:59 PM

Phew, thank God I saw this on here or else I'm be missing out. Although FX tend to repeat stuff don't they?

PaulD 21st October 2011 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lino (Post 191852)
FXUK are showing the extended version of episode 1 (There are two, one running at around 43 minutes, and this extended version that runs around 62 minutes) but they're showing it without ad breaks, so that'll be a nice extra treat! :)

Yeah, they did that when they first showed it last year. Such a great way to watch a feature-lenth episode on tv!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phurious (Post 191860)
Phew, thank God I saw this on here or else I'm be missing out. Although FX tend to repeat stuff don't they?

They repeat stuff once a week usually. And there's always the +1 channel too

antmumford 21st October 2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 191844)
Cheers my friend! Will see what's going on with Sky+ later. I ain't gonna miss it!!!:clap::clap::clap:

In case you missed my last post, I was wrong, it's only Episode 1 on tonight. I got confused with Series 1 Episode 6 being on beforehand at 9pm. Sorry mate :(

wayfarer 21st October 2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 191888)
In case you missed my last post, I was wrong, it's only Episode 1 on tonight. I got confused with Series 1 Episode 6 being on beforehand at 9pm. Sorry mate :(

No problem dude! I did have a "WTF?" moment when I went back to Sky's planner and there was no back to back:lol:
i thought "Mumford's wrong";)

mercury 22nd October 2011 04:55 PM

Enjoyed this new episode, which is a relief for me as I didn't like how season 1 ended. roll on next Friday:)

wayfarer 28th November 2011 09:47 PM

Ok, I did a bad thing. I couldn't wait until FX's transmission of the mid-season finale (2.07). What a kick in the jacob's this episode was. It was everything that a good living dead drama is, affecting and emotional. Walking Dead fans need to see it:)

antmumford 11th February 2012 02:10 PM

2nd half of Season 2 starts next Friday. I'm so excited !!!! :woot:

wayfarer 3rd March 2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 215903)
2nd half of Season 2 starts next Friday. I'm so excited !!!! :woot:

It's been damn good so far.

kevxxx1 4th March 2012 08:27 AM

The scene in the bar with the two strangers was some of the best TV I've seen in a long while.

antmumford 4th March 2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevxxx1 (Post 221714)
The scene in the bar with the two strangers was some of the best TV I've seen in a long while.

Yeah it was great, so good in fact that I paused and rewound it to watch it again.
In fact that whole episode and the next were just immense and intense fun as it was a little breath of fresh air to get away from the farm for a bit.

If anyone has read the comics then I'm sure you'll be looking forward to where this show could potentially go soon. Especially as they've confirmed that The Governor has now been cast.

nekromantik 4th March 2012 12:54 PM

Great scene!
I really do hate Shane!!!

mercury 4th March 2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 221774)
Great scene!
I really do hate Shane!!!

I think he is a great character, and it wouldn't be the same without him. Oh but I ove to hate him too:)
Daryl is my favourite character. Who needs a gun when you have a crossbow:cool:

Rik 5th March 2012 05:41 PM

We had a task at college today to record our own foley for a 45 second clip from series one of the Walking Dead. It took us around 2 hours to do this using various props such as a cooked chicken thigh, a bowl of raw eggs, milk, tomatoes and rubber gloves, a few empty soup cans and some twigs. It was loads of fun and the end result is awesome, I want to upload it here but I don't know how as its only on a usb stick and not online.

nekromantik 5th March 2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury (Post 221829)
I think he is a great character, and it wouldn't be the same without him. Oh but I ove to hate him too:)
Daryl is my favourite character. Who needs a gun when you have a crossbow:cool:

Oh I agree, it is a needed character in the series and he is well acted and written ergo makes people hate him. :lol:

Rik 22nd March 2012 06:26 PM

Over the last fortnight I've read every issue of the comics up to the latest one and watched both seasons in full, finishing just now with the season 2 finale. Even though certain elements have been altered from the comics, its still an awesome show and I can't wait for the next season, the finale was awesome, I won't give out any spoilers as its not shown here in England until tomorrow night, but I promise if you know the story from the comics then you will definitely like where the show is headed. :rockon:

bigandya 22nd March 2012 06:30 PM

Agreed, the Season 2 finale is "blow you away" material.

Fabulous stuff, and wait for the final image...... wow!

mercury 25th March 2012 03:20 PM

After seeing the final episode on Friday I can't wait for season 3. I must admit that I wasn't that blown away by most of season 1, but I am glad I watched season 2 it was epic.
Oh and after the finale of season 2.....I have a new character that I am begining to hate;)

Ranarchy 6th April 2012 04:28 AM

I enjoyed season 1 but I fell out of interest for season 2

cyberschizoid 6th April 2012 08:41 AM

After initially being disappointed by The Walking Dead tv show, there are still things about it that grate BUT I finally started to get into it during the latter half of season 2. It's not perfect, and there are much better shows out there but it definately kept me entertained and by the end I finally had characters that I actually cared about.

So, roll on season three...having never read the comics, I am intrigued to see what happens next. :)

Nordicdusk 6th April 2012 10:39 AM

I have been recording season 2 without watching any of it so i can just watch to entire thing over a weekend.

antmumford 6th April 2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 229215)
I have been recording season 2 without watching any of it so i can just watch to entire thing over a weekend.

Wish I did that but there just wasn't enough romantic on V box. You're lucky because you don't have to be left for a week with a cliffhanger. Enjoy!

Nordicdusk 6th April 2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 229219)
Wish I did that but there just wasn't enough romantic on V box. You're lucky because you don't have to be left for a week with a cliffhanger. Enjoy!

The excitement is building be a nice way to finish my weeks holidays from work. Think i may have to watch season 1 before just to refresh it in my mind.

marcelz 28th August 2012 09:52 AM

The UK Season 2 is the exact same as the AUS - also uncut. :rockon:

Quote:

Also just to confirm the UK release is the exact same as the 2 disc AUS release. The episodes are squashed on to 2 BDs and the 3rd disc has the extras (which AUS didnt get). So glad I decided to import. Plus we lost webisodes and commentaries and we get a 5.1 track instead of a 7.1 track.
Source: Blu-ray.com

Daemonia 28th August 2012 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 229219)
Wish I did that but there just wasn't enough romantic on V box.

Aw, see, you're just a big old cuddly bear really, aren't you? :lol:

antmumford 28th August 2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 269162)
Aw, see, you're just a big old cuddly bear really, aren't you? :lol:

:pound:

How did I not notice that before, was meant to say room, god damn smart phone ain't so smart after all with it's predictive text.

Must admit I am a big romantic cuddly bear though, that's why Kelly loves me so much. In touch with my feminine side and proud of it too. Never too ashamed to cry watching a film.

demonknight 28th August 2012 03:01 PM

The walking dead season two was excellent and the finale was top notch. Roll on season three.

Nordicdusk 28th August 2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 269208)
The walking dead season two was excellent and the finale was top notch. Roll on season three.

The wait for season 3 is killing me. Season 2 was great.

VicDakin 28th August 2012 07:25 PM

The walking dead season 3

1 Attachment(s)
The walking dead season 3

looking good :)

http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/atta...4&d=1346181920

platostotal 28th August 2012 08:35 PM

The whole Sophia story had me hooked, and yes I choked when she came out of the barn, top acting by all concerned. Hoping season 3 is as good as it predecessors, and maybe a bit more Rooker too.