Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

Rik 28th August 2012 08:39 PM

If they use some of the plot elements from the comics in this season then there's going to be some awesome TV, so much has happened to the main core of characters in the comics over the last few months so I hope they cram some of it in, I guarantee nobody will expect half of it

Rik 5th September 2012 04:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been having a TWD marathon these last 2 days in anticipation of season 3 starting next month. Here's the official poster for the US premier
Attachment 78403

Bringer Of Funerals 5th September 2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcelz (Post 269159)
The UK Season 2 is the exact same as the AUS - also uncut. :rockon:

Source: Blu-ray.com

I'll pick up both of these, i still havent got Season 1 yet

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 5th September 2012 05:52 PM

Picked up the two season boxset last week.
I'm four episodes into the first disc of season two-superb series!:clap:

Playzocker 17th September 2012 02:26 PM

I didn't find a seperate topic about this release - but have you heard about the US Limited Edition release of the second season ... packaged in a zombie head?

If not, here's some video impressions for you:
THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 2 (Limited Edition Zombie Head) / Playzocker Reviews 3.164 - YouTube
(Note: German audio!)

One of the best releases of the year, I think...

antmumford 17th September 2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playzocker (Post 273941)
I didn't find a seperate topic about this release - but have you heard about the US Limited Edition release of the second season ... packaged in a zombie head?

If not, here's some video impressions for you:
THE WALKING DEAD - SEASON 2 (Limited Edition Zombie Head) / Playzocker Reviews 3.164 - YouTube
(Note: German audio!)

One of the best releases of the year, I think...

Yeah I really love this set, just can't afford it right now though. Been craving it for months :-(

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 17th September 2012 06:52 PM

Imagine my disappointment when I put in the third disc and realised that I had watched the last episode.....:(

Roll on season 3!:woot:

Rik 17th September 2012 06:57 PM

I've been re-reading all the comics in anticipation, I can't wait for it to start!

Rik 15th October 2012 10:59 AM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...d224o1_500.jpg

Rik 19th October 2012 08:35 PM

Don't forget Season 3 gets its UK premier at 22:00 on FX tonight, I've already watched it because I couldn't wait and it's a belter!

PaulD 19th October 2012 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 284084)
Don't forget Season 3 gets its UK premier at 22:00 on FX tonight, I've already watched it because I couldn't wait and it's a belter!

It really is isn't it? Just chucks you into the thick of it. And the ending!

Rik 19th October 2012 08:47 PM

Yeah, I've read all the comics so I've a good idea where the story might go. I can't wait to watch the next one on Monday!

antmumford 19th October 2012 09:27 PM

Just watching it now, off to a great great start. I'm all giddy with excitement :D

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th October 2012 09:34 PM

When's the next BD released?

Rik 19th October 2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 284112)
When's the next BD released?

I would imagine sometime next summer

demonknight 20th October 2012 10:11 AM

Great opening to season 3 last night of TWD. Nice combination of practical and CG efx. Came across it by pure luck. Can't wait for the rest of the series.

Rik 20th October 2012 10:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm looking forward to the first appearance of the Governor, even though I don't agree with the casting choice for him, as good an actor David Morrissey is, he just doesn't look as sinister as the character in the comics. Of course, my feelings may change when I see him in action

Attachment 87323

darthelvis 20th October 2012 12:15 PM

This season is going to be awesome, I also read the comics so can't wait to see where this goes and how closely they stick to comic.

Nordicdusk 20th October 2012 12:47 PM

A great start to the season indeed. With season 1 and 2 i recorded it and watched them each season complete but i could not wait that long this time to start. I wish it was next Friday already.

Jinx_Barkman 20th October 2012 12:52 PM

I just finished watching Season 2 and it was much more refined than the first. A few dud episodes but overall very good. I thought that season 1 was disappointing save for the premiere. I wish Lennie James would return for an episode in season 3. Anyone know? He's such a good actor.

Rik 20th October 2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinx_Barkman (Post 284281)
I just finished watching Season 2 and it was much more refined than the first. A few dud episodes but overall very good. I thought that season 1 was disappointing save for the premiere. I wish Lennie James would return for an episode in season 3. Anyone know? He's such a good actor.

He does in the comics so he should do

pedromonkey 20th October 2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 284282)
He does in the comics so he should do

the biggest problem with season 2 was the setting, The farm is only in about 3 issues of the comic, and they stretched it to thirteen episodes, but on the whole it was still a fantastic season.

Rik 20th October 2012 05:22 PM

Yeah, I think the prison wasn't in loads either but I reckon this season will spend a lot of time there, saves on set costs I suppose

PaulD 20th October 2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 284326)
the biggest problem with season 2 was the setting, The farm is only in about 3 issues of the comic, and they stretched it to thirteen episodes, but on the whole it was still a fantastic season.

Yeah. I loved the supposed stability of the farm though. Was great wondering how long it would last before going wrong (I haven't read the comics yet but do have the first compendium)

pedromonkey 20th October 2012 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 284327)
Yeah, I think the prison wasn't in loads either but I reckon this season will spend a lot of time there, saves on set costs I suppose

i think AMC cut the budget when it went to 13 episodes so they were forced to use the far as the main location for the series, this makes sense, this series is going to cut between the Prison and the town with the Gov'nor...

Rik 22nd October 2012 02:23 PM

I've just watched episode 2 of this season, another great episode and the teaser for next weeks has got me even more excited than I am for this Friday's Arrow announcement!

pedromonkey 22nd October 2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 284835)
I've just watched episode 2 of this season, another great episode and the teaser for next weeks has got me even more excited than I am for this Friday's Arrow announcement!

i'm watching in......5,4,3,2.....1

Rik 29th October 2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 284243)
I'm looking forward to the first appearance of the Governor, even though I don't agree with the casting choice for him, as good an actor David Morrissey is, he just doesn't look as sinister as the character in the comics. Of course, my feelings may change when I see him in action

Attachment 87323

I stand corrected, perfect casting!

Nordicdusk 29th October 2012 12:13 PM

I f:censored: missed it Friday night only remembered when i seen this thread pop up god dammit :doh:.

This is why i dont follow shows on tv i always for and miss the odd episode.:censored:

pedromonkey 29th October 2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 287556)
I stand corrected, perfect casting!

yeah he was pretty great, and good to see a familiar face from season 1 return.

Rik 5th November 2012 10:00 AM

Just watched episode 4, WOW!

pedromonkey 5th November 2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 289778)
Just watched episode 4, WOW!

Incredible and so unexpected. Looks like Rick's going to go loco next week.

PaulD 5th November 2012 03:30 PM

Anticipation ramped to the max here. And I haven't watched the fourth episode yet!

Rik 5th November 2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 289853)
Incredible and so unexpected. Looks like Rick's going to go loco next week.

It's about time!

PaulD 5th November 2012 10:11 PM

Just watched episode 4. Incredible stuff!

pedromonkey 6th November 2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 289965)
Just watched episode 4. Incredible stuff!

actually still thinking about Rick's reaction, Andrew Lincoln is a damn fine actor.

PaulD 6th November 2012 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 289989)
actually still thinking about Rick's reaction, Andrew Lincoln is a damn fine actor.

Odd you should say that as me and the gf both thought it was somewhat unconvincing to be honest (although I do agree that he is generally a good actor)

Rik 13th November 2012 01:26 AM

Finally got round to watching episode 5, another awesome episode directed by Greg Nicotero, roll on next Monday!

demonknight 13th November 2012 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 290037)
Odd you should say that as me and the gf both thought it was somewhat unconvincing to be honest (although I do agree that he is generally a good actor)

The problem for me was that the scene involving his reaction was too short therefore not allowing Andrew Lincoln to get into his stride so to speak. His delivery would have been better had the scene gone on longer. But that aside,episode four was top class. It's just a great show.

antmumford 13th November 2012 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 291960)
The problem for me was that the scene involving his reaction was too short therefore not allowing Andrew Lincoln to get into his stride so to speak. His delivery would have been better had the scene gone on longer. But that aside,episode four was top class. It's just a great show.

Personally I thought that scene was phenomenal. I actually burst into uncontrollable tears and wept so hard. I can't remember the last time a performance has triggered such a reaction from me to be honest