Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The Walking Dead (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/3882-walking-dead.html)

pedromonkey 22nd November 2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 113739)
I've seen the first 3 episode and have to say I'm really impressed. What more could you want from a weekly zombie show, tonnes of gore, ace looking zombies and Michael Rooker!!!!! May the awsomeness continue.

how awesome was Michael Rooker as Mearle. Also noticed that some of the cast are from The Mist too, which is one of my fave horror films of the last 10 years...

DJBenz 22nd November 2010 10:31 PM

Episode 3 was a slow-burner but it did a lot for character development. Very tense, and yet there was only a handful of zombies in it. Looking forward to episode 4 stepping up the pace a little, now we've got to know the characters.

wayfarer 23rd November 2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 113736)
episode 4 is even better than episode 3 and it just keeps getting better...

Agreed. It ramps up the tension considerably. I like the additional content not found in the original comic books. The only problem I had was the offhand way in which the writers roped in Jim's backstory. That was handled better in the comic book, but hey, it's no biggie.

With only two episodes to go in Season One, I reckon I will miss this more than most shows in hiatus.

nekromantik 24th November 2010 12:50 AM

loved the last episode!!

this is awesome!

New charcters were pretty cool and then the end was quite sad :(

broonage 24th November 2010 08:22 AM

Is this an on going series or just a one-off like Band of Brothers?

wayfarer 24th November 2010 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by broonage (Post 113993)
Is this an on going series or just a one-off like Band of Brothers?

it's an ongoing series and has already been renewed by AMC. 13 episodes have been ordered for next Fall's schedule. So good news that Season 2 has been greenlit, bad news we have to wait until this time next year.

vipco 24th November 2010 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 113704)
You haven't read the graphic novels then I see :p

No, im a Walking Dead virgin . I will be checking them out though next time im in Forbidden Planet .

antmumford 24th November 2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 114059)
No, im a Walking Dead virgin . I will be checking them out though next time im in Forbidden Planet .

Best thing to do is try and pick up the Compendium because it features issues 1-48 in one nice big paperback. Cheapest I could find was about £34 online although someone's selling it with a starting bid at £14.99 on ebay.

wayfarer 24th November 2010 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipco (Post 114059)

Don't buy them there. You're better off ordering them from Amazon.co.uk. If you buy the individual volumes, they're not much more than £6.50 a pop. Well worth it too. But if you can get the bigger volumes for about £15, do that:nod:

wayfarer 24th November 2010 04:52 PM

BTW: Get a load of this "reviewer". What a ------- *insert appropriate expletive that is bound to offend*

Big Hollywood » Blog Archive » ‘The Walking Dead