Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   The X-Files (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/5861-x-files.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 224345)
I did too, but i hadn't seen any so it was a blind buy but upto now im on season 2 (slow i know lol) but what ive seen ive enjoyed - what makes season 2 an 18

It was the episode The Calusari. There's a scene of a child being killed on an amusement park traintrack. This was a couple of years after the James Bulger murder, so the BBFC were probably wary of even passing the episode at the time.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 224347)
The episode The Calusari. Been years since I saw it though.

I used to love this show but lost interest around the time of the first movie. Really would love to go through them from start to finish though. One day, one day... *wistful sigh*

Beat me to it there Paul! :lol:

PaulD 16th March 2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 224350)
Beat me to it there Paul! :lol:

You had the reason though so you win! :)

And yeah, now that you mention it I do remember that being the reason.

Bringer Of Funerals 16th March 2012 11:10 AM

When I watch them through for the 1st time from season 2 onwards i'll see why nobody seems to like 5-9

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 224352)
When I watch them through for the 1st time from season 2 onwards i'll see why nobody seems to like 5-9

I like them all....up until Duchovny left. Don't think I've even seen all of season 9.

Bringer Of Funerals 16th March 2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 224353)
up until Duchovny left. Don't think I've even seen all of season 9.

Do you think it should have ended when he left

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th March 2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 224354)
Do you think it should have ended when he left

I personally thought they should. It just wasn't the same without Mulder.

g053584398 16th March 2012 01:53 PM

What a wonderful series though. I remember all those years ago, in 1992 I seem to recall, seeing an advert for a new series on BBC2 that I thought might be interesting. The series in question, of course, was none other than The X Files. I remember watching the pilot episode, being immediately impressed and wanting more. The remainder of the episodes from the first season cemented my impression that what I was watching was a wonderful series, although none of us at that stage could have imagined the global phenomenon that it would become. Good memories indeed.

Baseball Fury 16th March 2012 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 224347)
The episode The Calusari. Been years since I saw it though.

I used to love this show but lost interest around the time of the first movie. Really would love to go through them from start to finish though. One day, one day... *wistful sigh*

Child murders (and murderer) in this epiosde if I remember correctly. It was the BBFC kneejerk Jamie Bulger/Childs Play thing that instantly rated anything with evil kids in it an 18.

InDogWeTrust 17th May 2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandangodavis (Post 242669)
X factor is an amazing show. I love it a lot.

Go die! -.-