Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 21st September 2017 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 551474)
I don't think i've ever felt sorry for Justin before.

Justdem, all this self pity makes me think you could be gag too...

Justin101 21st September 2017 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 551478)

Touché

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st September 2017 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 551478)

Sorry, was just cleaning my room.

Now what did you say, gag? Nah sorry.

trebor8273 22nd September 2017 08:57 PM

Finished The Tick hope this doesn't end up like Blood Drive and it gets a second season. Also watched season 3 of Bojack Horseman and episode one f season four of Gotham.

Demoncrat 22nd September 2017 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 551618)
Finished The Tick hope this doesn't end up like Blood Drive and it gets a second season. Also watched season 3 of Bojack Horseman and episode one f season four of Gotham.

Is The Tick very silly then? I kind of know what to expect ahem ;)
Chairface????

:pray:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd September 2017 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 551624)
Chairface????

The entire concept is ridiculous, but the animated shows very funny – I'm hoping this live-action version is better than the earlier incarnation and is as good as the cartoon.

Demoncrat 23rd September 2017 12:00 AM

Q9.
:hail:
There's A Lot Of It About.
Bootleg dvdr. Simply Media better be putting this out as Volume 3. Along with The Metling Pot. Those BBC bastards ..... :laugh::pound:

Idiot Scouts :laugh:
;)

Rising Damp Series 4. Lawdy Rupert. Floundering is the word here. Due to Beckinsale's demise and with a new hand on the tiller The trio soldier on lumbered with guest artists of wildly varying quality ... filling the void not one jot ahem. Jacking up the racism and the desperation to no great effect; Rossiter still a beacon in his performance

trebor8273 23rd September 2017 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 551624)
Chairface????

it is silly and funny but its also quite dark in places, the guy playing the tick is excellent. i find the way the "heroes and Villains " behave a lot more real than say marvel and DC stuff

Demoncrat 23rd September 2017 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 551673)
it is silly and funny but its also quite dark in places, the guy playing the tick is excellent. i find the way the "heroes and Villains " behave a lot more real than say marvel and DC stuff

Noted. Do recommend the animated ones btw. American Maid :laugh:

trebor8273 23rd September 2017 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 551690)

I'd never heard of the character until I watched the shows so I can't say.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd September 2017 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 551690)

I think the most absurd character is The Carpeted Man, who the other 'superheroes' think is ridiculous.

Demoncrat 23rd September 2017 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 551691)
I'd never heard of the character until I watched the shows so I can't say.

It used to be on BBC2 .... after they stopped showing Ren & Stimpy they had a void that needed filling. Cue Tick ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd September 2017 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 551697)
It used to be on BBC2 .... after they stopped showing Ren & Stimpy they had a void that needed filling. Cue Tick ;)

Those were the golden days of TV. It was when Eurotrash was the only window into the world of the weird, Father Ted was brand-new, The Simpsons had yet to hit its stride, Beavis & Butt-head made music fun, and Have I Got News For You and Rory Bremner were the only shows with political satire.

trebor8273 23rd September 2017 08:39 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29iKAAeRvI4

Found this on Netflix so with liking both Ted Danson and Kristen Bell decided to give it a go, anyone seen it?

Justin101 23rd September 2017 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 551720)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29iKAAeRvI4

Found this on Netflix so with liking both Ted Danson and Kristen Bell decided to give it a go, anyone seen it?

I read the synopsis and even though I love Kristen Bell I wasn’t convinced. Give us your opinions if you give it a try though.

trebor8273 23rd September 2017 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 551726)
I read the synopsis and even though I love Kristen Bell I wasn’t convinced. Give us your opinions if you give it a try though.

Watched the pilot and enjoyed it but think it will take a few more episodes to make up my mind, it's quite surreal in places but had to see how they can got more than one season out of the idea

J Harker 24th September 2017 01:39 AM

Stag.
Bloody brilliant. Um have you heard of it?
I hadn't. Three part BBC series currently on Netflix.
I'll write a better review tomorrow, when I'm sober. And it's not 2.40 in the morning.

J Harker 24th September 2017 06:28 PM

So I was just having a little browse on Netflix last night not necessarily looking to watch anything but just see of anything new was of interest. I came across this
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c6bce40b4c.jpg
A rain soaked Ian arrives at a pub in the Scottish Highlands for his future brother in laws stag do. The brother in law and his mates are an odd assortment of man-children with more money than sense and Geography teacher Ian is clearly out of his depth. Following a night of boozing after which the group leave Ian to foot the bill the local gamekeeper drives the gang out into the remote wilds for a weekend of hunting.
Unable to cross a heavily flooded road and pissed off with the group's drunken antics the gamekeeper ditches them in the arse end of nowhere. Still somewhat innebriated they decide to make their way into woods and set up camp for the night only to soon find its they that are being hunted when one of their number is taken out by a harpoon. From the get go Stag is brilliantly written and acted although it has to be said it does feel its taken its cue from Christopher Smith's superb Severance. Fortunately it throws in enough of its own originality with a decent twisting plot. Some amusing characters and character development and a quirky line in surreal British humour. Highly recommended.

trebor8273 24th September 2017 08:20 PM

Starting season 7 of American Horror Story.

trebor8273 24th September 2017 10:23 PM

Episode 3 of The Orville, the show has gotten better with each episode and really is more of a homage to TNG and TOS than a spoof as this episode proves as it's a very "Trek" type story which involves one the crew men who had a child last episode wanting to have a sex change preformed on the child as the planet they come from everyone is male and it's all done in a very Trek way

From watching the latest trailer of Discovery I can see it being good sci-fi but maybe not good star trek , if you are looking form that I would give Orville a try.

Susan Foreman 25th September 2017 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 551909)
So I was just having a little browse on Netflix last night not necessarily looking to watch anything but just see of anything new was of interest. I came across this
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c6bce40b4c.jpg
A rain soaked Ian arrives at a pub in the Scottish Highlands for his future brother in laws stag do. The brother in law and his mates are an odd assortment of man-children with more money than sense and Geography teacher Ian is clearly out of his depth. Following a night of boozing after which the group leave Ian to foot the bill the local gamekeeper drives the gang out into the remote wilds for a weekend of hunting.
Unable to cross a heavily flooded road and pissed off with the group's drunken antics the gamekeeper ditches them in the arse end of nowhere. Still somewhat innebriated they decide to make their way into woods and set up camp for the night only to soon find its they that are being hunted when one of their number is taken out by a harpoon. From the get go Stag is brilliantly written and acted although it has to be said it does feel its taken its cue from Christopher Smith's superb Severance. Fortunately it throws in enough of its own originality with a decent twisting plot. Some amusing characters and character development and a quirky line in surreal British humour. Highly recommended.

I haven't seen the television show, but it sounds a similar concept to the film 'The Stag', (AKA 'The Bachelor Weekend' in America):

"Self-confessed metrosexual Fionnan doesn't want a stag do, but would happily attend the Hen. Ruth, the now concerned bride-to-be (Amy Huberman), promptly persuades the, marginally more-macho, best man (Andrew Scott) to organise one. Reluctantly, he agrees but proceeds to do everything he can to stop Ruth's wildly infamous brother, known only as 'The Machine' (Peter McDonald), coming along for their sober, walking-weekend, excuse for a stag party. But 'The Machine', not so easily foxed, tracks them down, and what follows is a hilarious few days in rural Ireland where the Stags find themselves lost, shot at, stoned and butt-naked. The Stag is a hilarious and heart-warming journey of friendship, fear, male bonding, and tightly fashioned squirrel skin!"

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....7L._SY445_.jpg

keirarts 25th September 2017 07:53 AM

Netflix mondays.

Up to date with it's always sunny. Really looking forward to the next season if only because having Dennis develop actual humanity feels somewhat wrong :lol:

Then did Black Mirror. Great show and hard to pick a favourite episode.

Now catching up with American horror story. Only seen seasons 1 and 2 so started on Freak show. Really liking it so far. Highlights include Dandy mott and Jessica lange doing marlene Deitrich doing David Bowie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zX0lxiM8Xo

Justin101 25th September 2017 03:06 PM

I've cracked open my Frasier box set again, that thing is huge with 11 seasons in it :lol:

I forgot how funny it is, I've been cackling away like a lunatic this morning :laugh: watching Season 3. It was an absolute bargain when I paid £20 for it last year on Amazon Prime day!

Rik 25th September 2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 551964)
I've cracked open my Frasier box set again, that thing is huge with 11 seasons in it :lol:

I forgot how funny it is, I've been cackling away like a lunatic this morning :laugh: watching Season 3. It was an absolute bargain when I paid £20 for it last year on Amazon Prime day!

Do they not have Channel 4 in Liverpool, I’m pretty sure they’ve shown every season on a loop since it first started? :lol:

Still funny now as it was back then, I catch every now and then :nod:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin101 25th September 2017 09:10 PM

I’m normally at work in the morning!

Rik 25th September 2017 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 552021)
I’m normally at work in the morning!

I know, I was winding you up :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 25th September 2017 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 551937)
Netflix mondays.

Up to date with it's always sunny. Really looking forward to the next season if only because having Dennis develop actual humanity feels somewhat wrong :lol:

Now catching up with American horror story. Only seen seasons 1 and 2 so started on Freak show. Really liking it so far. Highlights include Dandy mott and Jessica lange doing marlene Deitrich doing David Bowie...

I also very recently discovered Black Mirror via Netflix. An absolutely fantastic show that I'm nipple-clamping myself that I didn't watch sooner.

I'm also currently in an AHS vibe having recently just started the new series that has just been added to Netflix: Roanoke. Interesting concept, but not as good as the previous seasons (at least so far).

trebor8273 25th September 2017 10:01 PM

Star trek discovery episode one, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'll continue with it but I was bored to death, puts do rest fears it was going to be none stop action

Demoncrat 25th September 2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 551937)
Netflix mondays.

Glad to see Black Mirror gaining more fans. Not a poor one yet :nod:

Justin101 26th September 2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 552033)
Star trek discovery episode one, zzzzzzzzzzzzzz I'll continue with it but I was bored to death, puts do rest fears it was going to be none stop action

I'm surprised because it was the non-action bits which were 100% Star Trek.
The season opening double episode is a prologue anyway so I don't think we can completely lay our judgement out. Michael gets assigned to the Discovery in episode 3.

However, the show-runner has said that it's not going to be a 'monster of the week' show like the other Treks were and this is a continuing arc for the whole season.

trebor8273 26th September 2017 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 552079)
I'm surprised because it was the non-action bits which were 100% Star Trek.
The season opening double episode is a prologue anyway so I don't think we can completely lay our judgement out. Michael gets assigned to the Discovery in episode 3.

However, the show-runner has said that it's not going to be a 'monster of the week' show like the other Treks were and this is a continuing arc for the whole season.

mind i only watched one episode and not the second part, so it could improve but i just didn't like any of the characters, i did enjoy the titles

trebor8273 26th September 2017 09:24 PM

Gave discovery another chance and watched the first episode again followed by the second and enjoyed it a lot more this time, probably the best pilot episode of all the series , but that's not really saying much as all the pilots where pretty poor.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th September 2017 03:17 PM

I've given up on Armchair Thriller.

After enjoying A Dog's Ransom, third story The Girl Who Walked Quickly was very poor and Quiet as a Nun i turned off after two of it's six episodes as nothing had happened and the story had barely moved on.

I can't decide whether to get rid of it or leave it a while and perhaps go back to it next year.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th September 2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 552309)
I've given up on Armchair Thriller.

After enjoying A Dog's Ransom, third story The Girl Who Walked Quickly was very poor and Quiet as a Nun i turned off after two of it's six episodes as nothing had happened and the story had barely moved on.

I can't decide whether to get rid of it or leave it a while and perhaps go back to it next year.

I can't help you because my boxset is still in shrink wrap! I don't want to start watching it until I've finished all the episodes of Thriller.

iank 28th September 2017 09:13 PM

Same as me, I was disappointed by it too and gave up at more or less the same point.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th September 2017 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iank (Post 552351)
Same as me, I was disappointed by it too and gave up at more or less the same point.

Have you been back to it or did you trade it on?

iank 28th September 2017 10:52 PM

Neither, it's loitering around somewhere...

bleakshaun 30th September 2017 11:42 AM

Watched the 1st 2 episodes of Discovery.........meh
It might pick up but right now based on those 2, it was alright.

Sent from my MediaPad T1 8.0 Pro using Tapatalk

trebor8273 30th September 2017 03:32 PM

Finished season one of the good place, which I enjoyed more than I thought I would one of those shows you can put on and unwind too, I did not see the twist in the last epiosde.

trebor8273 2nd October 2017 07:13 PM

Watched pilot episode of ghosted while not brilliant I enjoyed and can see potential, think of a spoof of xfiles/fringe.