Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

wongfeihung62 8th February 2012 03:53 PM

Been watching Spartacus Vengeance and awaiting part 2 of Season 2 of The Walking Dead on 10th Feb.

gag 25th April 2012 03:13 AM

Has anyone been watching rude tube on ch4 recently each week has different theme but one recently was sex based now this you just couldnt make up as story ...we have best air gutair well there was a clip from the best air sex competition :loco:

Demoncrat 25th April 2012 12:20 PM

Just watched TWD II. Finally some elements from the books creep into this!! and from what i saw, it will more or less fall into line with the books after all that meandering....fingers crossed.

mercury 29th April 2012 02:28 PM

Once Upon A Time.....Been watching this and I am enjoying it very much. So much so that I just bought Grimms' Fairy Tales.

gag 17th May 2012 10:24 AM

Been watching

Boys from the blackstuff great tv programme in its days
when u watch things like this years on you notice exactly how many famous faces are in it and how times well realy havent changed apart from the cost of living 30 yrs on and not much different people still struggling, Cant get a job employement high etc etc, Only thing that amuses me is say a scene when someone says ill pay you good wages cash in hand £13 a day :laugh:
Funny but sad and realsitic at same time...

Demoncrat 18th May 2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 242703)
Been watching

Boys from the blackstuff great tv programme in its days
when u watch things like this years on you notice exactly how many famous faces are in it and how times well realy havent changed apart from the cost of living 30 yrs on and not much different people still struggling, Cant get a job employement high etc etc, Only thing that amuses me is say a scene when someone says ill pay you good wages cash in hand £13 a day :laugh:
Funny but sad and realsitic at same time...

It's still a kick in the guts, have you seen the "prequel" btw?

gag 18th May 2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 242986)
It's still a kick in the guts, have you seen the "prequel" btw?

Not sure there was one or are you reffering to the film that explains y yosser went the way he did because of what happpend in Middlesbrough

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2012 03:10 PM

I watched series one of the David Duchovny show Californication last night.

Absolutely loved it.

Excellent characters, brilliant dialogue, kinky sex, and a storyline which made you care about or at least keep interested in all the characters escapades.

The final scene however made me feel that the producers didn't know they were getting recommissioned as they seemed to wrap up the entire story in that last episode.

Its now up to season 6 i believe.

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th June 2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 250841)

Absolutely loved it.

Excellent characters, brilliant dialogue, kinky sex, and a storyline which made you care about or at least keep interested in all the characters escapades.

The final scene however made me feel that the producers didn't know they were getting recommissioned as they seemed to wrap up the entire story in that last episode.

Yeah, season 5 has recently finished in the US. It's a fantastic program, and Duchovny is great in it. Completely makes you forget about Fox Mulder. For me, he's now Hank Moody.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 250853)
Yeah, season 5 has recently finished in the US. It's a fantastic program, and Duchovny is great in it. Completely makes you forget about Fox Mulder. For me, he's now Hank Moody.

Agreed.

Odd really as i thought of him as Mulder before i started it, but never whilst watching it.

antmumford 16th June 2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 250841)

Absolutely loved it.

Greatest TV show of all time in my eyes and I truly mean that. Each series is consistently brilliant

Susan Foreman 16th June 2012 07:28 PM

To quote "the guard" from an episode of 'Babylon 5':

"I don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite."

Stephen@Cult Labs 16th June 2012 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 250932)

"I don't watch TV. It's a cultural wasteland filled with inappropriate metaphors and an unrealistic portrayal of life created by the liberal media elite."

Oooo guess what I'm watching right now? Babylon 5 :) Been re-watching it for the last couple of weeks. Now midway through season 4.

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th June 2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 250932)

Babylon 5 being a tv show of course.

Whats that other tv show you don't watch? Doctor something or other?

;)

Susan Foreman 17th June 2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 250967)
Babylon 5 being a tv show of course.

Whats that other tv show you don't watch? Doctor something or other?

;)

Yes, but that ain't on at the moment!

Beyond72 11th October 2012 09:58 AM

Tabloid: Sex in Chains

Fascinating documentary featuring kidnapped Mormons, ex beauty queen turned bondage model and cloned dogs!

BBC Four - Storyville, 2011-2012, Tabloid: Sex in Chains

Demoncrat 11th October 2012 10:49 AM

Cricklewood Greats repeated again next week btw.

sawyer6 11th October 2012 11:34 AM

I'm now on season 4 of one of the best shows,The Wire

Hawkmonger 11th October 2012 01:14 PM

Been watching a prity interesting Channel 4 documentary series called 999: What is your emergency? Some harrowing shit in there (6 year old's phoning the police saying there step dad is botteling his mother) but also some of the stuff is amusing at the expence of the participents. The was a woman (you wouldn't have though it) that was on this week who was so drunk she punched a police officer and was confused why he retaliated.
Not your normal cop show, but actualy far superior.

James Morton 11th October 2012 02:09 PM

saw NOT GOING OUT last night
seen the episode before but its a very funny series, credit go to Lee Mack and Tim Vine:laugh:

Rik 11th October 2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 280783)
saw NOT GOING OUT last night
seen the episode before but its a very funny series, credit go to Lee Mack and Tim Vine:laugh:

Is this being repeated, I thought it was pretty good too?

Wes 11th October 2012 02:20 PM

Enjoying BBC’s History of the World at the moment – some of the CG is a bit corny but overall excellent and the history accessible...

Horror Channel have Dark Night of the Scarecrow on rotation at the moment for anyone has not seen it.

James Morton 11th October 2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 280784)
Is this being repeated, I thought it was pretty good too?

yes, they're repeats

antmumford 11th October 2012 05:22 PM

I know it may not be on TV at the moment but I've just started watching Modern Family on Netflix and its without doubt the most hilarious show I've ever seen, its had me in stitches, every episode.

PaulD 11th October 2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 280842)
I know it may not be on TV at the moment but I've just started watching Modern Family on Netflix and its without doubt the most hilarious show I've ever seen, its had me in stitches, every episode.

I've started to series link season 2 on Sky+ at the minute and agree. It's a fantastically funny show with great characters.

antmumford 11th October 2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 280843)
I've started to series link season 2 on Sky+ at the minute and agree. It's a fantastically funny show with great characters.

Series 1 and 2 are currently on Netflix and at 24 episodes each series I'm really looking forward to making this a nightly watch for a while, I'll then have to rent or buy the series 3. It is genius and each character is brilliant, especially the Dad who is so much like me its unreal. Kelly (my fiance) couldn't stop laughing at how similar we are

pedromonkey 11th October 2012 06:08 PM

TV wise, there are some interesting new shows from the U.S

Last Resort

Revolution

The Arrow

S16 of south part is back and so far the three episodes that have aired have been the funniest since season 10.

Plus Season 3 of the Walking Dead starts in the U.S in 3 days...

gag 29th October 2012 02:31 PM

Watched Harry and paul after dragon den ....complete load of shite about sums it up....

Hawkmonger 29th October 2012 02:56 PM

Been watching Sherlcok series 1 and 2 over the last few day's.
Manic, crazy, insane, and quite ****ing genius. One of my favourate TV series of all time with out a questionable doubt.

sawyer6 29th October 2012 07:16 PM

Finished Season 4 Of The Wire,one of the best(and bitter) tv moments

Slippery Jack 29th October 2012 07:28 PM

Farewell to The Thick of It :( perfect end to a (near) perfect series. Peter Capaldi deserves every award going - especially in those last two episodes when he got to be more than a creative swearing machine . . .

JoshuaKaitlyn 11th November 2012 12:29 AM

Watching 'Surface' (2005) at the moment, about half way through the series. Started ok but I can see its going to turn into something a little silly like Threshold did!

Slippery Jack 11th November 2012 07:50 AM

Watched the HBO film The Girl, with Toby Jones and Sienna Miller as Hitchcock and Hedren. Fantastic film, I was floored with how far they went in depicting Hitchcock as a pathetic sleazeball! Has a resonance with certain current events, the respected man in showbussiness allowed to (even enabled to) get away with years of abuse. Probably best not to watch it as non fiction - enough to destroy anyone's appreciation of the man! The leads are bloody brilliant, got chills watching the recreation of Tippi's screentest - had to go to youtube and watch it again mid-viewing. Not that the primary enjoyment is in novelty compare/contrast. It really works as a dark character study, and the South African locations give it a hazy, dreamlike quality. Highly recommended. Will be interesting to see how this new Hitchcock film compares . . .

VicDakin 11th November 2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 287789)
Farewell to The Thick of It :( perfect end to a (near) perfect series. Peter Capaldi deserves every award going - especially in those last two episodes when he got to be more than a creative swearing machine . . .

yeah but the swearing is f**kin funny.

Quote:

'You breathe a word of this, you mincing ****ing C*NT, and I will tear your skin off, I will wear it to your mother's birthday party, and I will rub your nuts up and down her leg while whistling Bohemian Rhapsody'.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-72ZamSbQJ7...aldi-thick.jpg

Demdike@Cult Labs 11th November 2012 01:19 PM

When Capaldi was in Torchwood Children of Earth i was always slightly disappointed he wasn't playing Malcolm Tucker.

gag 14th November 2012 10:35 PM

Tales of the unexpected
has been on one of the sky channels been recording it watching few episodes at a time some of them I'm enjoying the story or the twist and to be Totaly honest enjoying it more than tales from the dark side which has Been on the sky channel recently, which I think to be truthful pretty rubbish,

Slippery Jack 15th November 2012 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 292407)
Tales of the unexpected
has been on one of the sky channels been recording it watching few episodes at a time some of them I'm enjoying the story or the twist and to be Totaly honest enjoying it more than tales from the dark side which has Been on the sky channel recently, which I think to be truthful pretty rubbish,

Reminds me of my school days, watching them in English class. The one with the leg of lamb has always stuck in my mind . . .

vipco 15th November 2012 11:52 AM

Dark Angel has started on Horror Channel. Brilliant series getting a deserved rerun from the beginning .

Slippery Jack 15th November 2012 01:53 PM

Saw on aintitcool yesterday a trailer for a new Italian tv series of Diabolik. Looked pretty slick, but had none of the gaudiness and campy charm of the Bava film . . .

Rik 15th November 2012 03:48 PM

Just watched the entire first series of Men Behaving Badly, haven't laughed so much in ages. As much as I like Harry Enfield, I much prefer the series' with Neil Morrissey as Tony