Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 13th September 2013 05:07 PM

About to start highlander the tv series years since I've seen it wonder if its good as I remember.

keirarts 14th September 2013 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 365585)
About to start highlander the tv series years since I've seen it wonder if its good as I remember.

Adrian Paul. Hairiest man on televison. Part werewolf I suspect. That said if you like the extended mythology surrounding Highlander (everything past the first basically) you should find some enjoyment out of it.

Bringer Of Funerals 14th September 2013 05:29 PM

Going to go through Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex Season 1 after holiday for the 1st time

trebor8273 14th September 2013 07:06 PM

Actually enjoying highlander tv series as well as the anime black butler.

keirarts 14th September 2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 365845)
Going to go through Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex Season 1 after holiday for the 1st time

Your in for a treat. In my opinion the series is better than either of the films.

trebor8273 14th September 2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 365884)
Your in for a treat. In my opinion the series is better than either of the films.

Agree 110% two of my favourite anime series.

Wes 14th September 2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 365884)

I wanted to see these for ages - will the current DVDs do the job ? These days you're weary about grabbing these things in case a Blu arrives the following month...

trebor8273 14th September 2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 365888)
I wanted to see these for ages - will the current DVDs do the job ? These days you're weary about grabbing these things in case a Blu arrives the following month...

Look really good even on DVD and look even better up scaled. Are the series even out on blu yet?

Wes 14th September 2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 365891)
Look really good even on DVD and look even better up scaled. Are the series even out on blu yet?

Thanks Treb, defo gonna grab these. I really need someone to put together a sci-fi/horror/adult anime list for me, I'm a complete novice and the amount of stuff out there makes my head spin...

keirarts 14th September 2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wes (Post 365888)

Their fine. I'm not aware of any blus of the series (at a decent price range) Naturally if Blu's do come out they should look better given the digital animation but the regular series is damned cheap and looks good enough on DVD. Don't get any of the compilation releases and make sure you get the full series.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Shell-...+alone+complex

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Shell-...+alone+complex

trebor8273 14th September 2013 07:32 PM

Well cowboy bebop is a must my favourite anime series. But there is so many its hard to choose , iwould say if you can get American netflex theirs a lot of good anime on there and a 5.99 a month it's not a huge loss if you don't like certain series.

demonknight 15th September 2013 11:03 AM

Watched Under the Dome series one episode one last night. Great stuff, loved it. Tonight I have Bates Motel lined up. Can't wait cause it looks good. Hope I'm not wrong.

Rik 15th September 2013 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 366041)
Watched Under the Dome series one episode one last night.

Season finale for me on Tuesday, even though it barely resembles Stephen King's novel, I'm loving it :nod:

gag 15th September 2013 10:57 PM

There seems to be quite a few tv series based of films now, latest one being advertised in America is sleepy hollow sadly it starts after I've finished my hols so can't comment if it potentially looks any good or not . But if anyone who lives in America watches it and would comment then let me know please .

Hawkmonger 16th September 2013 08:48 AM

Attack on Titan episode 23. It's prity much the only series i'm watching at the moment, though i'm gonna start on Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad soon...maybe.
Anyway, incase I haven't made this clear WATCH ATTACK ON TITAN!!!!:nod:

keirarts 16th September 2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 366210)
Attack on Titan episode 23. It's prity much the only series i'm watching at the moment, though i'm gonna start on Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad soon...maybe.
Anyway, incase I haven't made this clear WATCH ATTACK ON TITAN!!!!:nod:

I'm loving this show a lot. I'm hoping that if its a 24 or 26 episode series that there is going to be a second series as its hard to imagine them wrapping up this tale satisfactorily in the next few episodes..

SCM 16th September 2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 366197)
There seems to be quite a few tv series based of films now, latest one being advertised in America is sleepy hollow sadly it starts after I've finished my hols so can't comment if it potentially looks any good or not . But if anyone who lives in America watches it and would comment then let me know please .

The show looks quite good
Official Trailer | SLEEPY HOLLOW | FOX BROADCASTING - YouTube

Demoncrat 16th September 2013 01:28 PM

If it aint Breaking Bad......3 to go:pout::eek::mmph:

Hawkmonger 16th September 2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 366212)
I'm loving this show a lot. I'm hoping that if its a 24 or 26 episode series that there is going to be a second series as its hard to imagine them wrapping up this tale satisfactorily in the next few episodes..

I think it's prity much assured. This series will take us up to the beginning of the Titan Shifters arc when the shit hit's the fan. But as that arc is still ongoing in the comics, it's gonna be a while until we see a season 2. I'll be pre-ordering the shit out of SNK when it's made available over here though.

pedromonkey 16th September 2013 09:34 PM

Breaking Bad - 1 episode left and i cannot wait another week.
Under The Dome - 1 episode left and i cannot wait another week (which i won't have to as it's on tonight in the U.S)
American Horror Story season 1 - meh, it's alright i guess.
Terra Nova - dunno why they cancelled it, it's a pretty good sci-fi show.
Hemlock Grove - utter bollocks
Archer seasons 1-4 - My new favourite animated series, full of hilarious one liners and such a quotable show.
Adventure Time Seasons 1 - 5 - Second favourite new animated show, it's a total mind ****.
Ray Bradbury Theater - i have all 68 episode and to be honest the majority are rather crap, some good'uns though.

Rik 16th September 2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 366406)
Under The Dome - 1 episode left and i cannot wait another week (which i won't have to as it's on tonight in the U.S)

Me neither, I'll be watching it in the morning, the joys of being a student bum (I'm not back in until next Monday) :lol:

pedromonkey 16th September 2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 366407)
Me neither, I'll be watching it in the morning, the joys of being a student bum (I'm not back in until next Monday) :lol:

Week off work for me, final ep of Dome, GTA 5 and me turning 30...

gag 16th September 2013 10:02 PM

Does American tv not have a watershed time for show like Britian ? some shows I've seen are show at strange times for what they are ,
9 am this morning they was showing a zombie film, looked liked one of the resident evils not sure because I've not seen it.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 17th September 2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 366417)
Does American tv not have a watershed time for show like Britian ? some shows I've seen are show at strange times for what they are ,
9 am this morning they was showing a zombie film, looked liked one of the resident evils not sure because I've not seen it.

US TV channels usually cut a lot of content out such as violence and nudity (even very mild stuff). I can remember watching a bit of Saw V very late on a US film channel (HBO I think), and they optically fogged out the giant pendulum cutter thing that was slicing a guy in half.

Another funny one was watching a bit of Guy Ritchie's Snatch on a US film channel, only to see they'd silenced all the f-bombs (it might as well have been a silent film!). Even more amusing was the fact they hadn't censored the word c*nt. :laugh:

keirarts 17th September 2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 366473)
US TV channels usually cut a lot of content out such as violence and nudity (even very mild stuff). I can remember watching a bit of Saw V very late on a US film channel (HBO I think), and they optically fogged out the giant pendulum cutter thing that was slicing a guy in half.

Another funny one was watching a bit of Guy Ritchie's Snatch on a US film channel, only to see they'd silenced all the f-bombs (it might as well have been a silent film!). Even more amusing was the fact they hadn't censored the word c*nt. :laugh:

The one I remember most from my holiday in Florida was watching a looney tunes cartoon where they cut a scene of Elmer Fudd accidentally hanging himself. Straight after that they showed ALIEN :crazy:

SCM 17th September 2013 10:05 AM

Watching Banzai on 4OD

demonknight 17th September 2013 10:59 AM

Watched Bates Motel last night. Great stuff. Gonna love this me thinks ;)

Rik 17th September 2013 09:18 PM

Watched the season finale of Under the Dome this morning, talkabout cliffhanger!

4 weeks until The Walking Dead returns, can't wait :woot:

trebor8273 18th September 2013 09:38 AM

Watching trigun and continuing breaking bad.

demonknight 18th September 2013 04:00 PM

Download Festival 2012 Highlights;

Metallica-Enter Sandman and For Whom The Bell Tolls.

Trivium-not familiar with their music,but they rocked.

keirarts 18th September 2013 05:12 PM

Watched a tv series I bought to sell. BOSS produced by GUS VAN SANT and starring Kelsey Grammar (frasier). It's about politics in CHICAGO which has been described as streetfighting and akin to organised crime in various texts. (Hunter S Thompson had a few things to say)

It's very good but suffers slightly from the modern trend of inserting a sex scenes every ten minutes or so!

Its good to see Frasier crane playing against type and its very moreish. Certainly worth a try.

trebor8273 19th September 2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 366785)
Watched a tv series I bought to sell. BOSS produced by GUS VAN SANT and starring Kelsey Grammar (frasier). It's about politics in CHICAGO which has been described as streetfighting and akin to organised crime in various texts. (Hunter S Thompson had a few things to say)

It's very good but suffers slightly from the modern trend of inserting a sex scenes every ten minutes or so!

Its good to see Frasier crane playing against type and its very moreish. Certainly worth a try.

Sadly it got canceled think it last two seasons

keirarts 19th September 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 366927)
Sadly it got canceled think it last two seasons

Damn...:mmph:

gag 20th September 2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 366473)

Yes but this was 9 am in the morning and trust me even if it was heavily cut there was still quite a fair bit of gore and violence for anytime of the day before the watershed time .

gag 20th September 2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 366490)
Watching Banzai on 4OD

Used to love this series so random and so funny as well, completely different that's what made it unique.
surprisingly how many famous people Actually took part in it.

Rik 20th September 2013 10:21 AM

Watched the pilot episode of the new Sleepy Hollow TV series last night, pretty damn good actually, better than I expected

"Sleepy Hollow" (2013)

gag 20th September 2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 367085)
Watched the pilot episode of the new Sleepy Hollow TV series last night, pretty damn good actually, better than I expected

"Sleepy Hollow" (2013)

Where did you watch that has it started over here if so what channel?

Rik 20th September 2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 367135)
Where did you watch that has it started over here if so what channel?

I watched it online, no idea when it's due over here though

Hawkmonger 20th September 2013 03:12 PM

I hear there will be one last episode of the glorious The IT Crowd soon followed by the first episode of AGENTS of SHIELD. :happy:

trebor8273 21st September 2013 06:53 PM

I've started watching mighty morphin power rangers, I do love my :censored: shows