Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 8th July 2013 06:37 PM

Just watched the first episode of the hunger, enjoyed it a lot. Seems like a more adult and erotic version of tales from the darkside and tales from the crypt. Well worth the 7.50 I paid for both series.

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th July 2013 10:20 PM

Damn! Damn! Damn!

I forgot to watch the first episode of Top of the Lake. Did anyone see it and can you recommend it?

demonknight 17th July 2013 10:16 AM

Watched highlights from Download 2013.
Wow, Alice in Chains were :censored: incredible.
Super band.

Demoncrat 17th July 2013 10:22 AM

iPlayer!! ;)

Am rewatching Sapphire & Steel. All of it. In order.

It's part of my programme to wean myself off Franco. Pray that it worketh, labfolk!!

:lol:

Rik 17th July 2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 352964)
Watched highlights from Download 2013.
Wow, Alice in Chains were :censored: incredible.
Super band.

The new album is awesome, they're playing in Leeds in November with Ghost, reckon I might have to finally check them out live after all this time :rockon:

PaulD 17th July 2013 11:44 AM

Who's their singer now?

Rik 17th July 2013 11:47 AM

William DuVall, and he's doing a damn fine job too, didn't think anyone could replace Layne, but he fits the bill

Rik 17th July 2013 12:11 PM

:focus:

Just finished watching episode 4 of Under The Dome, this show just keeps getting better!
This is how you adapt a Stephen King novel, yeah Kubrick, I'm talking to you!

pedromonkey 17th July 2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 352984)

Just finished watching episode 4 of Under The Dome, this show just keeps getting better!

ep 4 was pretty good, i hope it's not going to be an incident of the week type show though. Is big Jim gonna keep her down there to protect Jr?

Rik 17th July 2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 352995)
ep 4 was pretty good, i hope it's not going to be an incident of the week type show though. Is big Jim gonna keep her down there to protect Jr?

Big Jim is the main villain from the book, so there's a lot we haven't seen from him yet, and Junior for that matter

pedromonkey 17th July 2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 352998)
Big Jim is the main villain from the book, so there's a lot we haven't seen from him yet, and Junior for that matter

I've not read the book so everything is going to be a surprise..

Rik 17th July 2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 353000)
I've not read the book so everything is going to be a surprise..

There's enough changes from the book to make it a surprise for me too

Jinx_Barkman 18th July 2013 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 352984)

Sadly, I could only stomach two episodes. I really wanted to like it but the entire show feels extremely forced.

gag 18th July 2013 09:23 AM

Has anyone been watching the returned ch4,
I'm highly enjoying this and think we should get more foreign tv shows irrelevant where it's from,

trebor8273 19th July 2013 12:42 PM

Start watching game of thrones, why has it taking me so long to start watching this amazing show, all I can say is lord of the what??

keirarts 19th July 2013 12:58 PM

Started watching EASTBOUND AND DOWN. Genius. Danny McBride plays probably one of the most loathsome characters on TV yet managed to somehow make me feel sorry for him. Tricky to do but the show pulls it off. Surprised so much hard drug use gets through as a 15.

PaulD 19th July 2013 02:10 PM

I've been watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia recently. Up to about season 6 now. Can't believe what I've been missing! So funny and cynical with characters who are both hateable and loveable at the same time. Danny Devito is hilarious too

trebor8273 20th July 2013 08:24 PM

Finished first season of game of thrones absolutely fantastic great story and acting. That Joffrey is one evil little :censored:

demonknight 21st July 2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 352969)
The new album is awesome, they're playing in Leeds in November with Ghost, reckon I might have to finally check them out live after all this time :rockon:

What's the new album called?

Rik 21st July 2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonknight (Post 353715)
What's the new album called?

The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, highly recommended

demonknight 21st July 2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 353716)
The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here, highly recommended

Lovely stuff, thanks Rik.

keirarts 25th July 2013 02:11 PM

So, found seasons 6 and 7 of THE SHIELD in a charity shop at 2.99 each so I've started watching it from the beginning after a gap of many years. It holds up well. I'm just finishing off season 2 and will be heading straight on to season 3. THE WIRE set an almost impossible yardstick for US cop shows to measure up to but the shield does it well. Its not as bleak or cynical but its certainly great viewing and feels like a James ellroy piece at times. Vic Mackey certainly comes across like a character from one of his books and it presents the underbelly of LA really well.

WALTON GOGGINS steals a lot of the show when he's onscreen and subsequently he's become a real presence on quality US TV shows and some films as well (PREDATORS AND DJANGO UNCHAINED SPRING TO MIND)

I'll try and come back and post my final thoughts when i'm done but the shield is highly recommended viewing to newcomers and those who saw it the first time around as well.

trebor8273 3rd August 2013 02:50 PM

Starting my 80s weekend with pilot of hardcastle and maccormick , followed with some

Airwolf
Automan
A team
Magnum
Greatest American hero
Street hawk
Tales of the golden monkey

napalm-in-the-morning 3rd August 2013 05:10 PM

I think the shield was as good as The Wire. The constant chaos the Strike Team have to deal with, where every attempt to cover up just opens another can of worms, is addictive viewing.

keirarts 3rd August 2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 356277)
I think the shield was as good as The Wire. The constant chaos the Strike Team have to deal with, where every attempt to cover up just opens another can of worms, is addictive viewing.

It certainly holds up to the wire, very rare to see a cop drama that can do that. I'm currently well into it (though took a break to check out goatman murders, dont judge) and loving it as much as I did the first time round!:nod:

trebor8273 4th August 2013 07:49 PM

finished the pilot of Americas greatest hero, really enjoyed it, for its day the special effects must of been very good. William kat is very good and likable in his role. just cant believe i had never seen it or even heard of it, until it was mentioned on these forums.

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 356278)
It certainly holds up to the wire, very rare to see a cop drama that can do that. I'm currently well into it (though took a break to check out goatman murders, dont judge) and loving it as much as I did the first time round!:nod:

Sons of Anarchy is similar, well it has the same feel anyway, to The Shield. A lot of The Shields cast pop up in recurring roles as well.

keirarts 4th August 2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 356516)
Sons of Anarchy is similar, well it has the same feel anyway, to The Shield. A lot of The Shields cast pop up in recurring roles as well.

up to season 5!

Pete 4th August 2013 09:21 PM

Been watching a hell of a lot of South Park recently.

Hawkmonger 4th August 2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 356530)
Been watching a hell of a lot of South Park recently.

"You like to fook over Asian ladies?!"

Demdike@Cult Labs 4th August 2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 356526)
up to season 5!

I have the first four series of Sons. Series five is out fairly soon. And series six airs in the Autumn Stateside.

trebor8273 5th August 2013 06:39 PM

Watching this what's not to like
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_VNsjjYRgjc

napalm-in-the-morning 5th August 2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 356526)
up to season 5!

I tried sons of anarchy but it never involved me in the way the shield did and I gave up around the third season. I expect I have missed out but it just didn't have the compelling characters of the shield.

demonknight 6th August 2013 08:49 AM

Last night I finished watching season one of The Sopranos.
Absolutely :censored: brilliant. So good I could watch it all again.
Now roll on season two :rockon:

SCM 6th August 2013 09:28 AM

Been watching the original Star Trek on Lovefilm

napalm-in-the-morning 6th August 2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 356823)
Been watching the original Star Trek on Lovefilm

Is that the remastered version with new clients?

napalm-in-the-morning 6th August 2013 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 356840)

Damn auto correct! Cgi?

demonknight 8th August 2013 07:58 AM

The Sopranos series two. Happy to report there is no
drop in quality. Excellent stuff :woot:

SCM 8th August 2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by napalm-in-the-morning (Post 356840)

Yeah, doesn't look that bad really; although in saying that it would be better if they didn't have it.

keirarts 8th August 2013 03:31 PM

Still into my SHIELD marathon.

Just about done with series 5.

When friends stop by however have been giving CLONE WARS cartoon a try. Actually pretty good, far superior to the prequels with some decent writing and animation.

Also snagged AMERICAN HORROR STORY on blu very cheaply as well. I know this one had divided some horror fans but I really liked the first few episodes i've seen and look forward to watching more.