Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

J Harker 9th June 2013 10:00 PM

Have you read the books at all K?

JoshuaKaitlyn 9th June 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 346362)
So last night started watching GAME OF THRONES. Next thing I knew it was 2am

Bloody addictive tv!:nod:

And it's gets better! Reading book 1 at the moment!

gag 9th June 2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 346362)
So last night started watching GAME OF THRONES. Next thing I knew it was 2am

Bloody addictive tv!:nod:

Never seen a episode.

keirarts 10th June 2013 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 346363)
Have you read the books at all K?

Have just got them in e-book format. Their now loaded on my phone to be read once i've finished with the Terry pratchett books!

Susan Foreman 10th June 2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 346347)
Not been on top of the weather today so sat up in bed and watched the first three episodes of Quatermass 1979. Good grief. One, when did ITV stop making GOOD television and two, this is some harrowing stuff isn't it. Just wonderful in a morbid, almost scary kind of way. Genuinly creeped out at the cliffhanger to chapter 2.

Watched this on telly when it was first broadcast

I think I must have been too young to fully appreciate it, but there is one thing which has stuck in my mind for almost 35 years:

"Huffity, puffity, Ringstone Round,
If you lose your hat it will never be found,
So pull your britches right up to your chin,
And fasten your cloak with a bright new pin,
And when you are ready, then we can begin,
Huffity, puffity, puff!"

Hawkmonger 10th June 2013 10:16 AM

I've had that in my head since last night, very addictive. Keep murmuring "Lay! Lay! Lay!" also. I'm very concerned! It was stonking good, and I much regret putting it off this long. A very different cettle of fish to the three prior serials but an interesting one, Quatermass as Mad Max essentialy in the Lake District. Haunting atmosphere that's still sticking to me, doubt i'll ever forget it. That's good production value for me. And I bet you would watch that odd TV program that was being recorded in chapter 3, eh Suzi! Don't remember it? Give it a re-watch, I highly recommend it to everyone here.

demonknight 10th June 2013 04:06 PM

Terror in the Skies documentary.

Demoncrat 11th June 2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 345988)
I'l no doubt tune into this French zombie thing thats starting on Sunday C4...The Returned isn't it?

Well, I liked what I saw. Too many ad breaks though. I felt it should just flow in it's stately way, but at least there's something decent on C4 again.

Slippery Jack 11th June 2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 346536)
Well, I liked what I saw. Too many ad breaks though.

Series record, man . . . !

Demoncrat 11th June 2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 346537)
Series record, man . . . !

don't have that facility. could record them on VHS I suppose.....;)

pedromonkey 11th June 2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 346385)
Watched this on telly when it was first broadcast

I think I must have been too young to fully appreciate it, but there is one thing which has stuck in my mind for almost 35 years:

"Huffity, puffity, Ringstone Round,
If you lose your hat it will never be found,
So pull your britches right up to your chin,
And fasten your cloak with a bright new pin,
And when you are ready, then we can begin,
Huffity, puffity, puff!"

I have it on DVD, it's a great series and John Mills played Quatermass brilliantly. The Ringstone Round song is very creepy.

RedEyeTheCylon 12th June 2013 07:48 PM

Man Vs. Food - How is that guy even still alive after all the crap he eats! :shocked:

J Harker 12th June 2013 08:02 PM

I read somewhere he starves himself for 24hrs before filming and then spends the next day hammering it out in the gym.

Slippery Jack 12th June 2013 09:28 PM

He wouldn't last long in my company... I'd probably have to stab him to death with a fork after a few minutes, the tosser ;) . . .

Slippery Jack 12th June 2013 10:52 PM

Bloody hell! I've just seen an advert for Old El Paso mexican food products, starring Danny Trejo :eek: ...after some thought, I have decided that this is very cool :cool: . . .

Demoncrat 13th June 2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 346824)
Bloody hell! I've just seen an advert for Old El Paso mexican food products, starring Danny Trejo :eek: ...after some thought, I have decided that this is very cool :cool: . . .

Machete Grills!!....sorry, Il get me coat:blush::laugh:

J Harker 13th June 2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 346824)

Thats better than Bacon and Willis advertising phone companies or whatever it is.

Slippery Jack 13th June 2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 346852)
Thats better than Bacon and Willis advertising phone companies or whatever it is.

I think Bacon is really good in those EE ads. Love that they have given him as many British-isms as possible crammed into his monologues :lol: . . .

Beyond72 16th June 2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 346853)
I think Bacon is really good in those EE ads. Love that they have given him as many British-isms as possible crammed into his monologues :lol: . . .

HATE the way F13th hasn't been mentioned. :tongue1:

Slippery Jack 16th June 2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beyond72 (Post 347404)
HATE the way F13th hasn't been mentioned. :tongue1:

Maybe they're saving that for the final advert, which ends with him being shot through the throat :confused: . . .

Zann 16th June 2013 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 346853)

This also dismays me as it's indicative of how easily the British public are sold.

Slippery Jack 16th June 2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 347410)
This also dismays me as it's indicative of how easily the British public are sold.

This is true. Before the advert had even finished, I had bought every EE product going :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . . .

Zann 16th June 2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 347416)
This is true. Before the advert had even finished, I had bought every EE product going :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: . . .

Corporations spend money on marketing strategies that work and apparently a Hollywood star repeating a few colloquialisms is one of them.

Slippery Jack 16th June 2013 08:07 PM

I'm not even sure what EE is (brainwash FAIL!) :lol: I just admire Kevin Bacon's comic performance . . .

Slippery Jack 16th June 2013 08:10 PM

...Robert Webb and the meerkats can f*ck right off, however . . .

Hawkmonger 16th June 2013 08:12 PM

Friday the 13th was in the first EE ad though wqasn't it? The one at breakfast, he had an arrow in his chest.

Slippery Jack 16th June 2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 347427)
Friday the 13th was in the first EE ad though wqasn't it? The one at breakfast, he had an arrow in his chest.

I'd not seen that one before! Nice (don't show Zann, he might crack a smile ;)) . . .

Zann 16th June 2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 347430)
I'd not seen that one before! Nice (don't show Zann, he might crack a smile ;)) . . .

Yup still the only miserabalist on the thread ;)

keirarts 16th June 2013 11:41 PM

You know Bacon is only doing those EE ads because Bernie Madoff stole all his money?!

I feel sorry for the poor sod. He's still one of the most underrated actors working. Stir of Echoes was a much better film than sixth sense imo. :nod:

Slippery Jack 17th June 2013 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 347455)
You know Bacon is only doing those EE ads because Bernie Madoff stole all his money?!

You mean "Bernie Madoff with all his money" :nod: . . .

Demoncrat 17th June 2013 11:02 AM

Hasselhoff's horror movie prog on BBC3.

Pitiful. If this is what they are squandering my money on, along with the rest of that channels output, then the beeb can whistle for it. And they were going to cancel BBC4!!! Arseholes!!!

I instantly watched Island Of Death after, to get the taste out of my brain.:lol:

Susan Foreman 17th June 2013 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 347521)

Pitiful. If this is what they are squandering my money on, along with the rest of that channels output, then the beeb can whistle for it

Oh!

I recorded that. Was looking forward to watching it!

Demoncrat 17th June 2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 347526)
Oh!

I recorded that. Was looking forward to watching it!

Ok, I didn't expect to see Nekromantik, but after picking Die Hard as best action film last week, I should have known better. Enjoy!!

Beyond72 17th June 2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 347405)
Maybe they're saving that for the final advert, which ends with him being shot through the throat :confused: . . .

KOOL! :laugh:

Beyond72 17th June 2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 347521)

Pitiful. If this is what they are squandering my money on, along with the rest of that channels output, then the beeb can whistle for it. And they were going to cancel BBC4!!! Arseholes!!!

Yea, although I know programmes like that are just gonna wind me up, so I only have myself to blame for watching. Saying that, having not watched any horror for well over a month, admittedly I did enjoy some of the clips.

trebor8273 18th June 2013 05:19 PM

Been watching jack of all trades and Brisco county jr. Two excellent Bruce Campbell series, which where both sadly cut short. Who can't like a series with a character named Daring Dragoon!

Zann 20th June 2013 07:33 PM

Al Pacino hawking Sky Broadband. As if the day hadn't gotten off to a bad enough start with the news of James Gandolfini's passing,

demonknight 23rd June 2013 12:46 PM

The Sopranos, unsurprisingly :rockon:

keirarts 23rd June 2013 03:10 PM

quite a way through GAME OF THRONES. Excellent stuff and second only to THE WIRE in my love for it!

Zann 25th June 2013 05:44 AM

The League of Gentlemen

Been rewatching the boxset. Watched S1 in one sitting. I've always loved this series and find it criminal how Little Britain ripped it off and diluted it in the process. One of the best UK TV comedy series of all time.