Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th April 2016 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 485710)
Yes it is, the music has been changed, it's a song on the DVD and not the theme tune

I didn't watch it i just recognized the still on your Youtube post.

iank 16th April 2016 09:24 PM

The X Files: Brand X. Mulder and Scully find the road to Hell is paved with good intentions in this gruesome episode, one of the best of the rather weak season 7. A tobacco company trying to make a "safer cigarette" by genetically engineering tobacco plants cause the unintentional effect of side-engineering the tobacco bugs that live on them, making their eggs survive the transformation into cigarettes as spores... and infesting anyone who smokes or is even in whiffing distance of said cigarettes. You can probably guess the rest. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Demdike@Cult Labs 17th April 2016 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Started series 2 of The Power Game.

The classic ITV drama which began on the factory floor of aircraft maker Scott Furlong some five series ago and was known as The Plane Makers is now in the corridors of power in London.

Terrific writing and razor sharp dialogue spoken by classic British actors such as Patrick Wymark as a 60s version of JR Ewing, Peter Barkworth, Patrick Allen, Barbara Murray, Clifford Evans and Jack Watling. It's very rewarding viewing and high quality drama, albeit with laughs along the way, but i suppose not exactly Cult Labs material.

Highly recommended.

Demoncrat 18th April 2016 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 485960)
Started series 2 of The Power Game.

The classic ITV drama which began on the factory floor of aircraft maker Scott Furlong some five series ago and was known as The Plane Makers is now in the corridors of power in London.

Terrific writing and razor sharp dialogue spoken by classic British actors such as Patrick Wymark as a 60s version of JR Ewing, Peter Barkworth, Patrick Allen, Barbara Murray, Clifford Evans and Jack Watling. It's very rewarding viewing and high quality drama, albeit with laughs along the way, but i suppose not exactly Cult Labs material.

Highly recommended.

Crossover with Who in places though?? That's what I keep hearing on the DW comms anyhow, so all roads lead to the Labs haha ahem.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 485999)
Crossover with Who in places though?? That's what I keep hearing on the DW comms anyhow, so all roads lead to the Labs haha ahem.

Crossover with Who? As in Doctor Who? Aside from Jack Watling and one or two others being in both that's about as far as it goes. Certainly not in storylines, besides Wymark would eat Pat Troughton for breakfast. :lol:

Demoncrat 18th April 2016 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486001)
Crossover with Who? As in Doctor Who? Aside from Jack Watling and one or two others being in both that's about as far as it goes. Certainly not in storylines, besides Wymark would eat Pat Troughton for breakfast. :lol:

Didn't mean story lines. Just actors.

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 486004)
Didn't mean story lines. Just actors.

The odd Yeti or two would certainly make The Power Game interesting.

Demoncrat 18th April 2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 486005)
The odd Yeti or two would certainly make The Power Game interesting.

:pound:

Demdike@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 486006)
:pound:

The comms are right though. A lot of actors did appear in both shows. From the aforementioned Watling and his daughter, to Michael Jayston, George Sewell, Richard Hurndall, Peter Barkworth, Kevin Stoney and Philip Madoc to name but a few.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th April 2016 02:53 PM

I've finished watching The Night Manager on Saturday. It's a great piece of television which shows the benefits of investing in the right screenwriters, actors, directors, other crew members, and stumping up for location shooting. Tom Hiddleston is brilliant in it, as are Hugh Laurie as 'the worst man in the world' and Tom Hollander, who managed to be both sympathetic and terrifying, particularly in the scene involving a lobster salad.

It is a story which can't be done in a two-hour film and needed a six-hour miniseries to properly do the events and characters justice.

If you haven't seen it, it's out on Blu-ray/DVD shortly (if not already), so do yourself a favour and rent or buy a copy.

I began watching the fifth season of The Sopranos last night, but will probably take a break for couple of nights to watch a rental of the first season of The Tunnel (the English/French remake of The Bridge).