Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 9th November 2015 09:17 PM

Tried scream queens a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was awful can't believe they got Jamie Lee to do something as shit as this .

Demdike@Cult Labs 9th November 2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 467750)
Tried scream queens a couple of weeks ago and I thought it was awful can't believe they got Jamie Lee to do something as shit as this .

It sounds about right for scream queens then. Everything the original scream queens did (Quigley, Bauer, Stevens etc) was shit too. :lol:

Rik 9th November 2015 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 467753)
It sounds about right for scream queens then. Everything the original scream queens did (Quigley, Bauer, Stevens etc) was shit too. :lol:

Touche :lol:

iank 9th November 2015 10:35 PM

The trailers alone put me off.

keirarts 9th November 2015 11:33 PM

Ash vs Evil Dead 2.

Groovy! Genuinely had me in stitches. Hopefully it'll continue to maintain this level of quality.

iank 10th November 2015 07:33 AM

The Bill: Good Faith (Parts 1, 2 and 3). This momentous three parter marked a sea change in the whole series, with the revelation that the ever-slippery DS Don Beech, already a popular and well-loved character of three year's standing, is a corrupt cop. I remember being very much surprised at the time, not just by this twist but by the fact that, contrary to my first thought - oh, he must be leaving and this will be his exit - Beech gets away with his shenanigans in this story scot-free and, indeed, will remain on the show for another two and a half years. This story also features guest appearances by Leslie Grantham as the crime boss Beech is in league with (Dirty Den meets Dirty Don;)) and, er, Hugh Laurie (!) as a crafty barrister. I was also rather bemused to find that the guy playing Grantham's gangland rival was the same actor as played the CIB boss during Beech's eventual exit story in late 2000 - well, no wonder he knew he was bent! :lol:

Inspector Abberline 12th November 2015 07:39 PM

Peep Show S09E01 - "The William Morris Years"

2 Attachment(s)
Super Hans "You, you're a pure chrome dildo. Solid."

Demdike@Cult Labs 13th November 2015 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Clifton House Mystery. (1978)

A family moves into an old house and the children discover a mysterious sealed room which holds a terrifying secret.

A delightful children's drama from the 70's. The Clifton House Mystery is beautifully atmospheric and wonderfully acted by all. As it was made for children it's not full on horror but it's definitely sinister and quite macabre in places.

There's a charmingly amusing little sequence when the two boys attend a talk from ghost hunter Milton Guest as played by Peter Sallis. As he's introduced to the rather sparse audience -

Ben - He's not what i was expecting
Steven - Nor me. I thought he'd be more like Vincent Price.

Inspector Abberline 13th November 2015 08:28 PM

Toast of London

5 Attachment(s)
Toast of London

trebor8273 13th November 2015 09:51 PM

Supergirl

What a pile of shite, they could of went for something a bit different from superman but no we get the phantom zone and general Zod story with a slight twist, which is supergirls craft is caught in the phantom zone when it leaves krypton, it manages to escape the zone but a prison ship escapes with it onboard are criminal from across the galaxy and a female kryptonion general( so it's basically Zod with tits) who was placed their by supergirls mother. It all sounds very familiar!

Along with its unlikable cast and poor acting and with so many superior superhero shows out there I can't see this getting a second season

Demoncrat 16th November 2015 02:16 PM

Fear The Walking Dead. A slow start. But then they did the same with TWD, so roll on more sez I!!

Heroes Reborn. For my sins I did like Heroes. and I was reasonably pleased with this, set 10 years after the events of well, the cancelled series, Noah Bennent tries to piece together the aftermath of a terrorist attack on a summit for humans and "evos" (Evolved humans....:rolleyes:). Some new characters, and glimpses of old ones. More please.

Scream Queens. Gossip Girl with knives. SOLD!!!:lol::lol: Plus no 5 is cute haha. Trash TV for people who can't bring themselves to watch TOWIE et al. JLC seems to be having a hoot with the h-a-c-k-n-e-y-e-d dialogue, and looks sexier than the lead actress who I want to exsanguinate haha.

Ash Vs Evil Dead. SOLD.

Rik 16th November 2015 03:34 PM

I watched the third episode of Ash Vs ED earlier, still loving it :nod:

Also got my audio engineer geek head on after the latest episode of The Walking Dead, when people watch it, they'll understand why (can't say anymore without ruining it for people)

Nordicdusk 16th November 2015 09:47 PM

I finally finished Breaking Bad over the weekend. Everyone who has seen it says its the best TV they have ever seen and i agree its a great show but ( prepare to me murdered) to me its extremely overrated. Everytime i felt the show was about to explode or Walt was about to take that final step over the line into greatness something would hold him back and reel him in. Its hard to explain it just felt like something was stopping the show or holding it back im sure its just me :lol:.

As i said i did really enjoy it there are some great characters Walt , Saul , Mike , Badger and Skinny Pete were always great when they were on screen. The whole way through i was kept on the edge on my seat and i would recommend it to anyone but im sure most people have already seen it. I know there are a few here who have not and id say give it a shot.

Great viewing YES
Best show every NO (not for me)

Frankenhooker 16th November 2015 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 468308)
I finally finished Breaking Bad over the weekend. Everyone who has seen it says its the best TV they have ever seen and i agree its a great show but ( prepare to me murdered) to me its extremely overrated. Everytime i felt the show was about to explode or Walt was about to take that final step over the line into greatness something would hold him back and reel him in. Its hard to explain it just felt like something was stopping the show or holding it back im sure its just me [emoji38].

As i said i did really enjoy it there are some great characters Walt , Saul , Mike , Badger and Skinny Pete were always great when they were on screen. The whole way through i was kept on the edge on my seat and i would recommend it to anyone but im sure most people have already seen it. I know there are a few here who have not and id say give it a shot.

Great viewing YES

Like you, I enjoyed Breaking Bad, but it wouldn't make my top ten or anything.

MacBlayne 17th November 2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 468308)
I finally finished Breaking Bad over the weekend. Everyone who has seen it says its the best TV they have ever seen and i agree its a great show but ( prepare to me murdered) to me its extremely overrated. Everytime i felt the show was about to explode or Walt was about to take that final step over the line into greatness something would hold him back and reel him in. Its hard to explain it just felt like something was stopping the show or holding it back im sure its just me :lol:.

Great viewing YES

I find it very easy to determine what the best show ever is -

Is the show called The Wire?

No? Then it isn't the best show ever.

J Harker 18th November 2015 12:49 AM

I put The Wire on once, lasted about 5 mins before deciding i was completely uninterested. Do i need to persist?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th November 2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 468396)
I put The Wire on once, lasted about 5 mins before deciding i was completely uninterested. Do i need to persist?

Definitely. It's a show where many aspects are introduced and gradually tie together during the first half of the season so they mean more in the last five episodes. You also have the political aspect to policing, with the senior police wanting promotions and doing what they have to to earn them, so that bit is part of the narrative through all five seasons, each of which has a different case.

demonknight 18th November 2015 03:56 PM

Watched Season One of The Wire. Right now, I'm four episodes in of Season Two. Brilliant TV from HBO. Definitely the highlight of my weekend viewing.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th November 2015 05:21 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4LhXycJ7rI

trebor8273 18th November 2015 07:28 PM

Finished season five of supernatural and the last episode was the perfect ending to the show ( apart from the last scene which reading online was added to keep it open) . Be interesting to see what the next seasons are like but when it does end I don't think they will better this ending for the show.

Reading up a bit more it look like the show takes a bit of a nosedive after this season and it's just a case of the network milking the show, I'll continue watching but I have the feeling it will never reach the heights of the first five seasons or the near perfect ending

MacBlayne 19th November 2015 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 468396)

God, yes!

The Wire is a slow show that takes three episodes to get going. But, if you persist with it, not only will you be engrossed with the characters and storylines, but you will be so enraged with the cruel social structure it depicts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8lyda_ZkLQ

Frankenhooker 19th November 2015 09:56 AM

The Wire may take a handful of episodes to suck you into it's world, but it's still immensely watchable from the off. I highly recommend Simon's books, The Corner and Homicide, incidents from both creep into The Wire.

In my opinion the only 'modern' show that comes close to The Wire is Mad Men, I obsessed over both.

MacBlayne 19th November 2015 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 468470)
The Wire may take a handful of episodes to suck you into it's world, but it's still immensely watchable from the off. I highly recommend Simon's books, The Corner and Homicide, incidents from both creep into The Wire.

In my opinion the only 'modern' show that comes close to The Wire is Mad Men, I obsessed over both.

I bought Simon's books based on The Wire. Adored them.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th November 2015 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankenhooker (Post 468470)

I really want to read the books, I won't have time until next summer.

I agree about Mad Men, which is a truly outstanding series, but would add The Sopranos to the list of TV series which are practically flawless from first episode to last.

trebor8273 21st November 2015 04:29 PM

Jessica Jones

Inspector Abberline 21st November 2015 04:34 PM

What TV Have You Seen?

4 Attachment(s)
Attachment 172369

Attachment 172370

Attachment 172371

Attachment 172372

JoshuaKaitlyn 21st November 2015 05:15 PM

Coming to the end of Boardwalk Empire. Excellent series and a great opening credit sequence. Gonna miss my daily dose of 20's/30's gangster!
:gangster:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st November 2015 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshuaKaitlyn (Post 468674)
Coming to the end of Boardwalk Empire. Excellent series and a great opening credit sequence. Gonna miss my daily dose of 20's/30's gangster!
:gangster:

I started watching the second season (for the first time) yesterday and am loving it so far.

trebor8273 22nd November 2015 08:43 PM

Just finished episode 8 of Jessica Jones and about to watch the first episode of the man in high castle

Make Them Die Slowly 22nd November 2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 468762)
Just finished episode 8 of Jessica Jones and about to watch the first episode of the man in high castle

Is Jessica Jones any good Tre?

trebor8273 22nd November 2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 468763)
Is Jessica Jones any good Tre?

Yes, but don't go in expecting a superhero show it's more a film noir about a hard drinking and hard boiled female private eye with superhero elements . Like daredevil it can be slow paced and is more about character development. Acting on the whole is pretty good and tennnat is excellent as the chilling psychotic/ sociopath Killgrave

Make Them Die Slowly 22nd November 2015 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 468765)
Yes, but don't go in expecting a superhero show it's more a film noir about a hard drinking and hard boiled female private eye with superhero elements . Like daredevil it can be slow paced and is more about character development. Acting on the whole is pretty good and tennnat is excellent as the chilling psychotic/ sociopath Killgrave

Thanks Tre, I look forward to your thoughts on "The Man in the High Castle".

trebor8273 22nd November 2015 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 468766)
Thanks Tre, I look forward to your thoughts on "The Man in the High Castle".

Well enjoying what I've seen of it(first episode). Also if you have read the alias comic series by marvel involving Jessica Jones the show partly based on that

Nordicdusk 26th November 2015 05:26 PM

Just watched the first part of Hunting Hitler on History Channel. Very interesting trying to track Hitlers movements after WW2. Did he really die in 1945 or did he escape to Argentina.

keirarts 26th November 2015 06:46 PM

I'm really enjoying Jessica Jones. That and Daredevil are the best of Marvels TV output and essential viewing for me.

MacBlayne 26th November 2015 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 469126)
Just watched the first part of Hunting Hitler on History Channel. Very interesting trying to track Hitlers movements after WW2. Did he really die in 1945 or did he escape to Argentina.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-y99R4WvGk

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th November 2015 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 469126)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacBlayne (Post 469143)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH-QqV1Fjak

trebor8273 30th November 2015 07:19 PM

Just finished watching the pilot episode of crime story and I loved it from the setting,music, actors and the characters, sadly it seems it only lasted two seasons, I don't know if that's down to talking a drop in quality or poor ratings

Demoncrat 2nd December 2015 02:44 PM

Watching The Venture Brothers Series 5. 45 minute episodes! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Also ripping through TWD6, LAWDY!!
Will be perusing last two AVEDs tonight as well.

JoshuaKaitlyn 3rd December 2015 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 469482)
Just finished watching the pilot episode of crime story and I loved it from the setting,music, actors and the characters, sadly it seems it only lasted two seasons, I don't know if that's down to talking a drop in quality or poor ratings

It used to be on late night TV way back in the late 80's / early 90's and although it wasn't my sort of thing, (much prefered the 20's-40's gangster), it was the Del Shannon theme tune that stuck with me.