Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Justin101 15th September 2018 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 588005)
:laugh:
The amount of hallucinating I have doing .... every day is Halloween D ;)

High Recommend!!
Will peruse the features tonight!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I've never seen Night of the Demon (...) or read the story so I can't compare but I liked how much of a downer it was :lol: I loved the ending though :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2018 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 588006)
I've never seen Night of the Demon

Justin101 15th September 2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 588019)

I know, I felt so ashamed typing it that I pre-ordered the new special edition :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th September 2018 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 588021)
I know, I felt so ashamed typing it that I pre-ordered the new special edition :lol:

Demoncrat 15th September 2018 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 588021)

:lol:
Any MR James collection will have CTR btw ;);)

The documentary A Pleasant Terror is an odd beast.

Demoncrat 15th September 2018 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 588006)
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I've never seen Night of the Demon (...) or read the story so I can't compare but I liked how much of a downer it was :lol: I loved the ending though :D

Tbh Karswell is one of the great villians of English literature ... for me anyhow, and Cuthbertson's portrayal is near perfect imho. Enjoy the film. There's a lot to like in it ;)

trebor8273 16th September 2018 07:34 PM

Finished season 3 of preacher it just gets better and better.

Demoncrat 16th September 2018 09:04 PM

Doesn't it just?? ;)

I Didn't Know You Cared (BBC, 1975)
The first series of an adaptation of Peter Tinniswood's Uncle Mort stories ... updated to the period of the production ;)
Now I love Mort. He is British through and through:pound:. If he isn't happily reminiscing about WWI ... his allotment is a shrine to Empire :lol:. Robin Bailey has a fair stab at it, being backed up by Liz Smith, John Comer, Anita Carey and Stephen Rea (even if his accent keeps slipping :lol:) but I'm not laughing as much as I should. Gretchen Franklin turns up as a 'giddy' aunt later. Still tis fascinating curio. The sight of pre punk Britain for a start. The theme tune I can't quite get out of my head :laugh:. 3 more followed! Dare I take the plunge?? :lol:

Demoncrat 19th September 2018 08:51 PM

I Still Know That You Care ... Apparently

Well, I bought the second series of Tinniswood's tales. Same cast ... with an additional expanded role for 'Uncle Stavely', the archetypal British sitcom 'befuddled' character ;). Slightly more expansive with some varied OB scenes and one major new location ... the workplace. Rivetting isn't the word. :laugh:. Mort is about the most negatively written character in TV at this point. It's relentless. :pound:. Even Garnett had his doubts sometimes :lol:. So I'm digging out that 74 series of Til Death ... next to compare t'North/South divide by 'eck as like!!
Ahem.

trebor8273 19th September 2018 09:45 PM

Been watching these shows

Ripper street
Magicians
Archer
Always sunny
Arrested development
Star trek voyager

Just started watching i zombie.