Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

trebor8273 6th January 2020 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadite (Post 618131)
So what you're saying is that I disliked the best episode? Glad I bailed!

Sorry it didn't pan out for those who liked it at the start.

Second was probably mine, but yeah did yourself a favour , that lat episode just spoiled everything they built up.

Dave Boy 7th January 2020 07:03 PM

Finished The Witcher.

That was bloody good.
It helped after each episode to look at the episode synopsis on Wikipedia.
The timelines vary in some episodes and left me wondering if I had missed an episode.

bleakshaun 7th January 2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 618279)
Finished The Witcher.

That was bloody good.

It helped after each episode to look at the episode synopsis on Wikipedia.

The timelines vary in some episodes and left me wondering if I had missed an episode.

I'd recommend reading the books

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

trebor8273 7th January 2020 09:55 PM

Been watching voyage to the bottom of the sea.

Episode one.

Eleven days to zero.

Super sub the seaview is sent to try and stop a earthquake in the Antarctic that could destroy a large part of the world, a evil bond style agency and giant squid are some of the things that try too stop the sea view and it's crew.

Episode two

The city beneath the sea

Captain Crain is sent too investigate when a ship disappears, arriving at a small fishing village he hears rumours of a city beneath the sea.

Episode 3

The fear makers

The sea view is sent to investigate the disappearance of her sister ship, while on the search a enemy agent on board release a has that induces fear.

Episode four

The price of doom.

The crew of the sea view get involved in a coup.

Also been watching M*A*S*H just started season three. Poor old Henry

Demoncrat 8th January 2020 09:28 AM

Dracula

I have watched the first two episodes "Rules Of The Beast" & "Blood Vessel". I like him :lol:. He reminded me of Lambert in Mortal Kombat :pound:
Lots of nods to ... other versions cough. The finale should be interesting to say the least :laugh:.
It replaces nothing. Next!!! ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th January 2020 02:13 PM

I watched Dracula over two nights and really liked what Mike Gatiss and Steven Moffat did with the story. The way they kept the characters and the main plot points in the miniseries while doing something fresh and interesting with the source material was commendable.

I thought it was great to have so many subtle reference points for other TV shows and films, from Inside No. 9 to The Shining and to have a Count Dracula who was witty and menacing worked well for me and I'll definitely revisit the series again. Hopefully it'll be treated to a decent release for home viewing with some behind the scenes footage and/or commentaries.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2020 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 618323)
I watched Dracula over two nights and really liked what Mike Gatiss and Steven Moffat did with the story. The way they kept the characters and the main plot points in the miniseries while doing something fresh and interesting with the source material was commendable.

I thought it was great to have so many subtle reference points for other TV shows and films, from Inside No. 9 to The Shining and to have a Count Dracula who was witty and menacing worked well for me and I'll definitely revisit the series again. Hopefully it'll be treated to a decent release for home viewing with some behind the scenes footage and/or commentaries.

The dvd and blu are fairly stacked extras wise.

(From Amazon)

Special Features:

• WHO IS DRACULA?
• STYLING DRACULA
• THE SCORE
• BUILDING CASTLE DRACULA
• THE BEAST WITHIN
• ARWEL’S SET TOUR
• AUDIO COMMENTARY (EPISODE 3) WITH MARK GATISS, STEVEN MOFFAT, SUE VERTUE AND ARWEL WYN JONES

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th January 2020 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618325)
The dvd and blu are fairly stacked extras wise.

(From Amazon)

Special Features:

• WHO IS DRACULA?
• STYLING DRACULA
• THE SCORE
• BUILDING CASTLE DRACULA
• THE BEAST WITHIN
• ARWEL’S SET TOUR
• AUDIO COMMENTARY (EPISODE 3) WITH MARK GATISS, STEVEN MOFFAT, SUE VERTUE AND ARWEL WYN JONES

Excellent – I'm glad time and effort is still going into physical media.

Demdike@Cult Labs 8th January 2020 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 618326)
Excellent – I'm glad time and effort is still going into physical media.

Did you watch the Tom Hardy series, Taboo?

I was thinking of ordering that at some stage. It was well liked but i don't think i ever read any praise on here.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th January 2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 618328)
Did you watch the Tom Hardy series, Taboo?

I was thinking of ordering that at some stage. It was well liked but i don't think i ever read any praise on here.

I didn't see it, but I've heard is very weird and something which is worth watching. According to my mother who has seen them all, she recognised bits of Peaky Blinders and Taboo in the latest adaptation of A Christmas Carol, possibly because of Tom Hardy's involvement in its production.