Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

gag 1st April 2020 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 623843)
Almost finished season 3 of Red Dwarf first two seasons are great but it really kicks off when Kryton becomes a full member of the crew in season 3. Sometimes when you go back good back to shows you loved as a kid the humour doesn't hold up but with Red Dwarf its still as funny as the first time i saw it all those years ago.

Like stated never Seen any episodes of red dwarf, after I've finished inside no 9 I'm going to watch Garth marenghis Darkplace then start on red dwarf.
My son slightly related to Craig Charles, it's his Aunties uncle .

iank 1st April 2020 09:27 PM

Saw the first ep of the 2004 season of Neighbours last night. Don't think I saw it the first time - I think it was sometime during the year I started watching again, though I had been intrigued by them bringing in Sky and bringing back David Bishop (and actually played by the same actor as in 1988!). I enjoyed it. Reminded me of how much I liked many of these characters before they were either killed off or completely f*****g ruined in the subsequent years, especially David and Liljana, and Sky. Lord, Sky looks so young lol! I don't even mean compared to her recent guest appearance, even compared to the end of 2004 she looks like five years younger! :lol:

gag 2nd April 2020 01:16 AM

Inside no 9, every episode is just in one area, when you think about it's like A slightly different style of tales from the crypt / tales of the unexpected because every story has a twist right at the end like they do. Loving the series very well made and written , clever, witty with some dark humour, and a a little edge of black mirror in some of the episode, defiantly become one of my recent favourite tv shows I've seen for a long time. Highly recommended and a must watch.

Demoncrat 2nd April 2020 10:58 AM

Aye, many highlights there, enjoy!!!

Avenue 5

Iannucci's space opera. 4 episodes in, and I'm liking it a lot. On a seemingly normal "pleasure" cruise, a spaceship is knocked off course. Recommended.

bleakshaun 3rd April 2020 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 623636)
Been watching Tiger King on Netflix, this is batshit crazy: rednecks, big cats, meth, cults, 3 way weddings. I knew nothing about it. Enticing stuff

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

So I've finished this, God damn such a bizarre story, I swear when I started I thought it was an unpublished Hunter S Thompson story, but no its not. The memes are hilarious. If you haven't seen it yet then do it. Words can't truly describe it.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nordicdusk 3rd April 2020 09:59 AM

Going to start The Wire later today i have only hear good things about it.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd April 2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nordicdusk (Post 624077)
Going to start The Wire later today i have only hear good things about it.

I hope you like it – I think it's one of the greatest TV shows ever made.

Nordicdusk 3rd April 2020 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 624085)
I hope you like it – I think it's one of the greatest TV shows ever made.

I really looking forward to it thanks.

Demoncrat 3rd April 2020 12:26 PM

The Wire is an interesting ride Nord, enjoy!!!

Loving Avenue 5. Am only doing an epsiode a day now, as I wants it to last .. a bit anyway :lol:. Laurie (and the rest) just sublime.
Rerecommended!!! :nod:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 3rd April 2020 12:36 PM

I've recently been binge watching Better Call Saul on the assumption that Netflix had entire seasons, so was surprised when JMM, the seventh episode of season five, finished and it went on to a trailer for Tiger King rather than the next episode.

Unbeknownst to me, the fifth season hasn't finished yet so I have to wait until Tuesday for episode eight and will have to watch the last few episodes one week at a time.

Until that time comes, I think I'll watch the sixth season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine.