Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 25th November 2020 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBarlow (Post 640977)
Blackadder Goes Forth. 1989.

Episode 6: Goodbyeee: Blackadder pretends to be insane to avoid certain death with the big push in the trenches.

Was it wrong to get sentimental about this, Blackadder is seen as coward trying everything to get out of the war then at the end he man's up ready with his army as they say their last words then charge at the enemy.

Sentimental? Haha. It has me in floods of tears each damn time i watch it.

trebor8273 25th November 2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 640979)
Sentimental? Haha. It has me in floods of tears each damn time i watch it.

Me too, last episode is tv at its best and puts most " serious " show to shame in its portrayal of war.

The first time I saw it was at school of all places , which was showing in history class.

If it was made today the BBC would have everyone holding hands, kissing and singing and all the officers would be women.

iank 26th November 2020 02:54 AM

Secret Army: A Safe Place. In which we find out what Giles really did when he was young... Anthony Head as a Nazi! :scared::pound:

Demoncrat 26th November 2020 08:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfFRiK36dZk

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th November 2020 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dracula (2020)

Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss bring Dracula kicking and screaming into the 21st century in this interesting take on the vampire tale with plot twists more cunning than a weasel and dialogue as sharp as the Count's teeth.

The finale of part two is reminiscent of when they sent Sherlock back in time but in fact the exact opposite happens with the vampire and i can see why so many didn't get along with it but i rather liked it. During the commentary Mark Gatiss says he wanted to set episode two in London, 1972. I wonder why? Haha.

Claes Bang was an excellent Dracula and Dolly Wells, she can nunsploit me any time.

Justin101 28th November 2020 01:53 PM

I'm glad you enjoyed it, there were a lot of moaners when it aired, but I enjoyed it myself, I actually found the first episode to be the weakest of the three.

Dave Boy 28th November 2020 01:58 PM

Ha ha, yeah me for one. Did not make it through the first episode.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th November 2020 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 641201)
I'm glad you enjoyed it, there were a lot of moaners when it aired, but I enjoyed it myself, I actually found the first episode to be the weakest of the three.

Yes it was, at least the opening half of the episode.

I was pleased it took huge liberties with the source material purely because i hoped it would be something different and it was.

Bang was great as the Count, at times he even looked a little like Christopher Lee, especially when in 'attack mode' and Dolly Wells is probably my second favourite Van Helsing.

I loved the scene where she took off across the table and ripped the curtains down ala Cushing in Hammer's Dracula, that was brilliant.

Dave Boy 28th November 2020 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 229725
SHARPE'S JUSTICE (1997)

In peacetime, Sharpe returns to England and is put in charge of a yeomanry in Yorkshire. Sharpe is desperate to sort out his wife Jane's affair with Lord Rossendale...

A change of pace for this episode as Sharpe tries to sort out troubles on the home front and a peek in to Sharpe's early life.

Demdike@Cult Labs 28th November 2020 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Boy (Post 641224)
Attachment 229725
SHARPE'S JUSTICE (1997)

In peacetime, Sharpe returns to England and is put in charge of a yeomanry in Yorkshire. Sharpe is desperate to sort out his wife Jane's affair with Lord Rossendale...

A change of pace for this episode as Sharpe tries to sort out troubles on the home front and a peek in to Sharpe's early life.

When i watched this over the summer i presumed Sharpe would go home to Sheffield, somewhere close to Bean's heart, i'd no idea Sharpe's home was twenty minutes away from me. :lol: