Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

keirarts 19th November 2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 378852)
I was one of those people who just never got the hype behind TTGL. So when KLK was announced I kinda gave it the benefit of the doubt and an attempt. Never again.

So not just me then!!!???

I just can't understand the intense love for shows like gurren lagaan and Sword art online (which I enjoyed but not as much as some) while excellent series like shiki (amongst a list of many) seem to get ignored. It mystifies me almost as much as a lot of the 'fans' who seem oblivious of so many earlier classics from the eighties and before that.

Still, Hunter x Hunter and Attack on Titan both seem popular and are great anime.

Hawkmonger 20th November 2013 07:30 AM

Yep, TTGL has always mystified me in it's popularity. Then it dawned on me. Fan service. Some times I hate the anime community.:rolleyes:

Actually about to start watching Hunter x Hunter. Looks crazy fun.

keirarts 20th November 2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 378880)
Yep, TTGL has always mystified me in it's popularity. Then it dawned on me. Fan service. Some times I hate the anime community.:rolleyes:

Actually about to start watching Hunter x Hunter. Looks crazy fun.

Stick with HXH. At first it comes across a little twee and kiddyish. Then it starts getting DARK, and I really mean that. It got removed from its Sunday morning spot on tv in Japan after parents started noticing what was actually going on in the series. I don't want to give away too many details but there is some seriously f****d up stuff going on in that show.

Zann 20th November 2013 05:50 PM

Strange Days: Cold War Britain

Really enjoying this short series of documentaries. Pity it's being condensed into three programmes instead of six.

trebor8273 20th November 2013 07:15 PM

Watching poirot on netflex

J Harker 21st November 2013 09:36 AM

Watched the first episode of Breaking Bad last night and loved it. Would have watched a few more but it were so late.
Roll on tonight!!

Delirium 21st November 2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 379125)
Watched the first episode of Breaking Bad last night and loved it. Would have watched a few more but it were so late.
Roll on tonight!!

J, it just gets better and better and better and BETTER.

Seriously fantastic show. You, sir, are in for a treat and a half.

And my fingers are crossed you get to the end without it being spoiled.

J Harker 21st November 2013 11:33 AM

I always find I enjoy tv series much more when I come to them late and have dozens of episodes ahead of me. The once a week thing doesn't work well I'm too impatient.

anythinggoes78 21st November 2013 02:26 PM

Tuesday nights US showing of Sons of Anarchy i wont post any spoilers but OMFG it was good.

Demdike@Cult Labs 21st November 2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anythinggoes78 (Post 379188)
Tuesday nights US showing of Sons of Anarchy i wont post any spoilers but OMFG it was good.

Is this a new series?

I have series 5 ordered for Monday.