Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

keirarts 18th September 2013 05:12 PM

Watched a tv series I bought to sell. BOSS produced by GUS VAN SANT and starring Kelsey Grammar (frasier). It's about politics in CHICAGO which has been described as streetfighting and akin to organised crime in various texts. (Hunter S Thompson had a few things to say)

It's very good but suffers slightly from the modern trend of inserting a sex scenes every ten minutes or so!

Its good to see Frasier crane playing against type and its very moreish. Certainly worth a try.

trebor8273 19th September 2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 366785)
Watched a tv series I bought to sell. BOSS produced by GUS VAN SANT and starring Kelsey Grammar (frasier). It's about politics in CHICAGO which has been described as streetfighting and akin to organised crime in various texts. (Hunter S Thompson had a few things to say)

It's very good but suffers slightly from the modern trend of inserting a sex scenes every ten minutes or so!

Its good to see Frasier crane playing against type and its very moreish. Certainly worth a try.

Sadly it got canceled think it last two seasons

keirarts 19th September 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 366927)
Sadly it got canceled think it last two seasons

Damn...:mmph:

gag 20th September 2013 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 366473)
US TV channels usually cut a lot of content out such as violence and nudity (even very mild stuff). I can remember watching a bit of Saw V very late on a US film channel (HBO I think), and they optically fogged out the giant pendulum cutter thing that was slicing a guy in half.

Another funny one was watching a bit of Guy Ritchie's Snatch on a US film channel, only to see they'd silenced all the f-bombs (it might as well have been a silent film!). Even more amusing was the fact they hadn't censored the word c*nt. :laugh:

Yes but this was 9 am in the morning and trust me even if it was heavily cut there was still quite a fair bit of gore and violence for anytime of the day before the watershed time .

gag 20th September 2013 01:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCM (Post 366490)
Watching Banzai on 4OD

Used to love this series so random and so funny as well, completely different that's what made it unique.
surprisingly how many famous people Actually took part in it.

Rik 20th September 2013 10:21 AM

Watched the pilot episode of the new Sleepy Hollow TV series last night, pretty damn good actually, better than I expected

"Sleepy Hollow" (2013)

gag 20th September 2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 367085)
Watched the pilot episode of the new Sleepy Hollow TV series last night, pretty damn good actually, better than I expected

"Sleepy Hollow" (2013)

Where did you watch that has it started over here if so what channel?

Rik 20th September 2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 367135)
Where did you watch that has it started over here if so what channel?

I watched it online, no idea when it's due over here though

Hawkmonger 20th September 2013 03:12 PM

I hear there will be one last episode of the glorious The IT Crowd soon followed by the first episode of AGENTS of SHIELD. :happy:

trebor8273 21st September 2013 06:53 PM

I've started watching mighty morphin power rangers, I do love my :censored: shows