Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Demoncrat 3rd May 2021 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davcol (Post 651335)
Brookside circa 1993.
I've been watching this on YouTube recently. Storylines including the body under the patio, Jimmy corkhills decent into drug addiction and Barry Grants nightclub feud with Jo halsall.
It's a good snapshot of 90s telly.

Sold. Just after I devour this Squeamish About ... ahem ;):nod::pop2::woot:

Demoncrat 5th May 2021 11:22 PM

Squeamish About ...

Matt Berry and Arthur Matthews present a snapshot of this splintered isle, with the use of archive footage and some well chosen tunes (and of course, MB's unique SPEAKing voicebox thingummyjig :lol:)
Much like if Adam Curtis had a sense of humour :laugh:
Ahem. Short and silly is the order of the day. Recommended, especially if you are familiar with Berry as the shrink in the off kilter radio show I, Regress

Demoncrat 6th May 2021 05:02 PM

Am now perusing this Vicious, where Magneto, Claudius, Miss Joooooooooones and Ramsey Bolton camp it up LF.

How I wish Jacobi had played The Master past his initial appearance. Ho hum.

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th May 2021 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 651587)
Am now perusing this Vicious, where Magneto, Claudius, Miss Joooooooooones and Ramsey Bolton camp it up LF.

How I wish Jacobi had played The Master past his initial appearance. Ho hum.

Should have had him opposite an older Doctor like Capaldi. I can see why they'd want a younger one to face Tennant though.

Smith could have come up against Missy. There you go sorted.:lol:

bleakshaun 10th May 2021 04:36 PM

Watching Fargo series 1 on Netflix

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 10:30 AM

Last week, I watched each series of Line of Duty, beginning with the first one on Monday and managing to watch on every day, concluding with the sixth series on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed each one, watching the first five for the second time, and thought the conclusion was fitting and perfectly logical, matching the characters and plot threads from several years ago.

It's something I will probably revisit towards the end of the year and will likely watch it in the same way again – I don't think I could have happily watched an episode a week and coped with the uncertainty after a major cliffhanger.

I'm now re-watching Game of Thrones because I bought the eighth season and thought the best way to which it is by revisiting the previous seven to reacquaint myself with all the different characters, locations, and narrative arcs.

gag 11th May 2021 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 651877)
Last week, I watched each series of Line of Duty, beginning with the first one on Monday and managing to watch on every day, concluding with the sixth series on Saturday night.

I really enjoyed each one, watching the first five for the second time, and thought the conclusion was fitting and perfectly logical, matching the characters and plot threads from several years ago.

It's something I will probably revisit towards the end of the year and will likely watch it in the same way again – I don't think I could have happily watched an episode a week and coped with the uncertainty after a major cliffhanger.

I'm now re-watching Game of Thrones because I bought the eighth season and thought the best way to which it is by revisiting the previous seven to reacquaint myself with all the different characters, locations, and narrative arcs.

SPOILER:
Nah, I don’t think Buckles is the 4th H, I think he thinks it’s easier to take the blame and spend time in jail than reveal who H is as to risk getting killed because he knows what they’re capable of, and 100% Carmichael got something to do with it and she was happily to stitch buckles up and let him take blame, plus series 6 was a bit of a let down compared to rest, and it went out with a fizzle instead of bang.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 651884)
SPOILER:
Nah, I don’t think Buckles is the 4th H, I think he thinks it’s easier to take the blame and spend time in jail than reveal who H is as to risk getting killed because he knows what they’re capable of, and 100% Carmichael got something to do with it and she was happily to stitch buckles up and let him take blame, plus series 6 was a bit of a let down compared to rest, and it went out with a fizzle instead of bang.

If you consider that the OCG has the most power and needs people within the police force that they can manipulate, I think the personnel makes perfect sense. I didn't feel let down by the revelation at the end because it fits with the people within the police who featured during the first five series.

Additionally, if you think the previous people identified as corrupt were
SPOILER:
'Dot' Cottan, Derek Hilton, and Gill Biggeloe
, I wasn't surprised it was somebody who has generally flown under the radar and not an obvious candidate.

trebor8273 11th May 2021 09:39 PM

Watching these two on Netflix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga0iTWXCGa0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNP8m3gaaFE

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th May 2021 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 651912)

Are you enjoying them? Do you recommend them? As I don't have a Netflix membership at the moment, I would like to know what I should watch I begin paying for it again.