Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   What TV Have You Seen? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/7170-what-tv-have-you-seen.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st September 2022 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 675502)
First two episodes of house of dragons has been good. When did Mat Smith get so buff?

Not sure. Can't remember if he was in last Night in Soho or not. That's good if you've not seen it. Smith plays a kind of wide boy pimp.

gag 2nd September 2022 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 675501)
The new Lord of the Rings series is having mixed reviews to say the least.

Most have said it's basically dull as f*ck. Is this the case?

The Mail's Christopher Stevens says it's "Staggeringly bad".

I Don’t believe reviews of anything until it’s actually out, and it’s the General public opinions I take over critics.

SymbioticFunction 3rd September 2022 01:30 AM

Watched episode one of Amazon's new Lord of the Rings series. Is this the shit that was supposed to knock my socks off? (most expensive tv show ever made). Debating whether to bother watching episode two.

Edit: The Boys is excellent, the last season (3) was top-notch. Also worth noting that the UK Sony blu-rays of seasons one and two look fantastic.

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd September 2022 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 675516)
I Don’t believe reviews of anything until it’s actually out, and it’s the General public opinions I take over critics.

Well now you can believe SymbioticFunction and he agrees with The Mail.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction (Post 675547)
Watched episode one of Amazon's new Lord of the Rings series. Is this the shit that was supposed to knock my socks off? (most expensive tv show ever made). Debating whether to bother watching episode two.

Edit: The Boys is excellent, the last season (3) was top-notch. Also worth noting that the UK Sony blu-rays of seasons one and two look fantastic.

Justin101 3rd September 2022 11:02 AM

I'm going to give it a try this afternoon, i like to make my own decisions before believing reviews too, but it's not looking good :lol:

Demdike@Cult Labs 3rd September 2022 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 675553)
I'm going to give it a try this afternoon, i like to make my own decisions before believing reviews too, but it's not looking good :lol:

Yeash, if there's something i want to see i'll see it if i can ignoring any reviews.

I have no interest in a prequel to LOTR that's been made purely as a cash cow. It might look great but it lacks any actors. When you consider who was in LOTR and The Hobbit trilogies this seems like amateur hour with a load of no names.

gag 3rd September 2022 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 675551)
Well now you can believe SymbioticFunction and he agrees with The Mail.

And I’ve no idea if that’s a good or bad review I’ll have a look, 74 reviews on IMDb so far all above 7, only 3 under and there a 6.

Demoncrat 3rd September 2022 09:10 PM

Saw the first episode of that there House Of The Dragon. Apart from seeing David Cann (the doctor from Jam) and Paddy Considine in a silly wig and the gore and that, I'll pass thanks. Don't Hug Me I'm Scared starts very soon on C4, that's all I'm watching this year. :nod:

trebor8273 4th September 2022 08:23 PM

Watching first episode of lord of the rings it's not as bad as I was expecting it's is quite slow with not a lot happening but you could say that of the movies. You can see a lot of money has been spent , not the cast and maybe not a billion dollars worth but it does look nice and seems to be taking a lot from the appendices . We have the most ugly looking bunch of elves I've ever seen!

iank 4th September 2022 09:09 PM

Am marathonning season 2 of Pretty Little Liars. In retrospect there are some big hints dropped as to who the original A turns out to be, but even more impressive is the Halloween episode that has some major foreshadowing of later seasons. Even the scary story Alison tells the little kid she's babysitting, while not true in itself, contains some major thematic foreshadowing of massive revelations that won't come till season 6!
I'm quite impressed by that.

There doesn't seem to be a DVD release yet of the new spin-off, Original Sin, which seems very slasher horror and seems to be getting good notices. I'm almost tempted to "buy" it via YT if they don't announce a date soon.